HF Habs: The Official hawks race to a better 2nd round pick Thread

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'm happy both conditions have been met so Habs now get, at the moment of this writing, Pick #96.

I'm all for Hawks losing to make that 2nd pick higher. It should take precedence over a 4th round pick. However, the Hawks pick will vary from a few spots, whereas the 5th becoming a 4th is a 49 spot upgrade (Pick #145 to Pick #96).
Few spots in the 2nd at this point means a lot. Can be the difference between having a player that is on our 1st round list still available or not.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Highest is 38 and lowest is 41

They're at Pick #39 after the Hawks' win.

Edit: Actually, I think it became Pick #40. I'm going by CapFriendly, and they haven't updated everything yet. So right now, the Hawks' pick Habs have is listed as 39, but now Hawks moved up a spot and that changes the pick.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
They're at Pick #39 after the Hawks' win.

Edit: Actually, I think it became Pick #40. I'm going by CapFriendly, and they haven't updated everything yet. So right now, the Hawks' pick Habs have is listed as 39, but now Hawks moved up a spot and that changes the pick.
Yes, it's at 40 right now

Reactions: Adam Michaels

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Would have preferred to see the Hawks lose in regulation as LA should have been able to get in over the Avs.

as for the race for a lower 2nd, Hawks face STL and the Jets to finish the season. 10th pick in the 2nd round is as high as they can go with 7th being as low as they can go. Need them to lose out and have Edmonton get 3 pts vs Vega/Nucks while NYI get 1 pt vs NYR/Wings

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
And no more conditonal picks left. This is what Habs are currently headed to the draft with. The only thing left to determine is what spots each pick will end with. We'll be able to know Round 2 and later as soon as the regular season is over, as the order of all the rounds except for the first are determined by the general standings of the regular season.

32b81acf-cf27-495a-8784-2295d4b49e35.png

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Was better to wish to pick 50 picks ahead than winning 1 or 2 spots....So happy that Chicago beat St. Louis. But now....Hawks need to lose their next 2. And let's hope for the best.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
@jaffy27

Alex Debrincat has more points in one season than Andrew Shaw has in both seasons combined with the Montreal Canadiens.

#2ndroundpicksmatter

and ? was the point ? Siegenthaler and Jones as less points in the AHL combined then Petry had this year and we are not talking about this ? yess Debrincat was picked with the Habs pick they traded but I would put 100 $ that if we would keep this pick, Debrincat would not be in the Habs organisation..

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
and ? was the point ? Siegenthaler and Jones as less points in the AHL combined then Petry had this year and we are not talking about this ? yess Debrincat was picked with the Habs pick they traded but I would put 100 $ that if we would keep this pick, Debrincat would not be in the Habs organisation..

Shawful sucks. The trade was bad. The extension worse and his actual play with the team is the worst of all.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Shawful sucks. The trade was bad. The extension worse and his actual play with the team is the worst of all.

Shaw has been injured, but when he was healthy in the start of the season he was good ! yes he is probably 1m to high and 3-4 years to long, but in a good team and when he is healthy, on a 3rd line he has a role and he useful

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Shaw has been injured, but when he was healthy in the start of the season he was good ! yes he is probably 1m to high and 3-4 years to long, but in a good team and when he is healthy, on a 3rd line he has a role and he useful

Useful 3rd liners should never cost you 2 2nd round picks. It was a horrendous trade and the guy is pretty much done. It was a sequence of terrible GMing by Bergevin.

Reactions: dralaf

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

And know that makes you feel better to think that way but there's no way you know. Why do you think that? 'Cause he's small? Didn't we picked Mete? There's just no way to know. Point is....in no way shape or form should you compare Petry to Shaw. Besides, you have to analyse the draft in itself before you make a deal. 2015 is too soon to tell. While 2016 will be known as a great draft for 2nd and 3rd rounder. So 2 2nds in a great draft do NOT equal a 2nd and a 4th. And imagine if 2015 is not very good. So the comparison is so not there. But for that to happen, you need a management who is awake.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
We need as many 2nd rounders we can get....'cause we know we won't keep them all. We might actually give 2 2nd rounders to the Isles for the rights to sign Tavares.....and will probably fail anyway....lol

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Useful 3rd liners should never cost you 2 2nd round picks. It was a horrendous trade and the guy is pretty much done. It was a sequence of terrible GMing by Bergevin.

I know but look at the other trade made for 3rd liner, Weise cost Danault and a 2nd pick, Troy Brouwer cost a 1st pick, Eller cost 2 x 2nd pick, Daniel Winnik cost and 2nd + a 4th pick , Pleky cost a 2nd round pick + Kerby Rychel and Valiev and they are others exemple ! listen I'm not saying that the Saw trade was a good trade, what I'm saying his that if you consider when the trade was make and the market value , this trade is not as awful as people says ! And remember that with Timmins and the Habs development, it's not so bad to trade picks for establish players...

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
And know that makes you feel better to think that way but there's no way you know. Why do you think that? 'Cause he's small? Didn't we picked Mete? There's just no way to know. Point is....in no way shape or form should you compare Petry to Shaw. Besides, you have to analyse the draft in itself before you make a deal. 2015 is too soon to tell. While 2016 will be known as a great draft for 2nd and 3rd rounder. So 2 2nds in a great draft do NOT equal a 2nd and a 4th. And imagine if 2015 is not very good. So the comparison is so not there. But for that to happen, you need a management who is awake.

because it's Timmins haha since when does he take a skill forward ?

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
and I would be really surprise if we keep the 4 2nd round pick ! I think he will or advanced to have an other 1st round or trade some for a player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad