The Official Fire Babcock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedWingsNow*

The best idea is to rely on Howard to stand on his head.

Everyone knows that when playoffs come, he's a rock!

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
With how many goals scored? Do you think the best formula for the Wings to have success is to handicap our best player?

I would be 100% fine if we won every game 1-0. Wins are what matter in this league; but more times than not we will lose (especially against the better teams in the league) if Pavel cannot create any offense. One way to help put him a position to create offense: surround him with skilled players and wingers that are capable of playing with him.

Did the Wings not just take 5 of 8 points from 4 of the top 5 seeds in the West.

If you say wins are what matters, then why are you not focusing on that as opposed to 13's offensive output?

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
No goals allowed in the first two periods in their last five games, 5-1-1 in their last seven.

Fire Babcock!

we like our team*

how can he coach if he literally can't speak?

fire babcock

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Yep, the guys and Babcock obviously were going to need an adjustment period. babcock has his line up figured out and now they've allowed 8 goals in the last 7 games. Babcock knows what hes doing people

RedWingsNow*

Yep, the guys and Babcock obviously were going to need an adjustment period. babcock has his line up figured out and now they've allowed 8 goals in the last 7 games. Babcock knows what hes doing people

Some of you guys are yo-yos.

He wins some games, come in here and defend coach. He loses games, go MIA.

We expected these wins. Softest part of the schedule, right here. We've got two more games (columbus home/columbus away) and if Babcock is still going with Abs on line 2 then this team is going to get eaten alive on the road.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It has been said before but even in this last eight game stretch the question remains are you interested in extending Babcock? He will need one in place this summer to continue and that is a dangerous thing to hand out in my opinion, especially with how Babcock and Holland have gone back and forth more the last couple of seasons. If you don't want to extend him you're for all purposes saying fire him/he will resign.

Voices get stale, this is a big picture question not a winning streak losing streak position. I am still worried about extending him, so attack CB all you want, this is still as valid a thread today as it was two weeks ago. If Ian White takes his benching like a man, we might not have found this defense to be honest.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
None of us are Yo-Yo's, Kap'n. The fact you're calling for a coach to be fired in the tightest Western Conference (and league) in ages... Is quite silly. A win jumps you to fourth, and a loss drops you to 10th. Calling for a coaches head over one loss is stupid.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I am curious if Babcock would want to be GM/coach or just GM of the team that was in town tonight. He is a Western Canada guy, could see him leaving to do that anyway.

Dynheart

Aug 21, 2011
It's looking like they playing the rely on goal tending game. Howard can get it done if not hung out to dry 40 out of the 60 minutes of the game, every game.

Not only that, but it looks like they are playing defensive/counter attack hockey. You wont get a lot of goals that way, but the forwards help the D, which need a lot of help. And in turn? Helps the goalie not have to make a highlight reel save every shot attempted on him.

The last 5-7 games, Babcock has done something different in the way the Wings play their game. Less goals. Defense by committee. And a huge reliance of goal tending. What's they have? 7 goals against in 7 games or something like that? Babcock and the team has done something different...We're basically this year's Preds (if Babcock decides to roll with the system changes the last 5-7 games).

Anyway. It's a different team. Different D, different system. Goal tending will make or break us this year. Babcock is jsut doing what he does..../shrug

RedWingsNow*

I am curious if Babcock would want to be GM/coach or just GM of the team that was in town tonight. He is a Western Canada guy, could see him leaving to do that anyway.

If you're Babcock. You've won a cup. You've taken another team to the cup. You've won Gold.

Why did Scotty leave Montreal? Because he thought he earned the chance to be GM. So he went to Buffalo to be GM/coach.
He found out he wasn't all that great as GM and went on being a great coach.

Going back to Babcock...he seems to be a family guy. Which job do you think is easier on the family? IMO, it's the GM's job. If I was Babcock, I'd want to be GM somewhere. Somwhere where there's strong ownership and a commitment to winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad