The Official Fire Babcock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedWingsNow*

It's on.
Babcock fans are going to want to put me on ignore.
Because he's reached Dave Lewis levels of incompetence

Can't be ignored anymore.

It's time for Holland to give him his walking papers

CloneHakanPlease*

Signed. Unliked by the players and lost the room.

He's a great coach, but they grind on players. He's run his course.

Dekesyuk

Apr 18, 2012
I did hear that players wont come to Detroit because of Babcock working in players too hard in practices.... but honestly I feel like a Buffalo Sabres fan right now blaming coaching.. I feel like the whole organization has to stop with there "loyalty" and start to move the older players NOW. (Franzen, Cleary, Abby, Miller)

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
I shut the game off after ericssons stupid penalty when the hawks scored.

What did babcock do after that?

If they're gonna fire babcock they ought to fire the brain as well, that is ken holland. Let Jim Nill take over.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006

If they're gonna fire babcock they ought to fire the brain as well, that is ken holland. Let Jim Nill take over.

he had zetterberg in a shootout. :shakehead

Dekesyuk

Apr 18, 2012

Well, Assistant Captain Kronwall did the same thing,

Zetterberg had Brunner open in the slot but shot it backhand from the goal line low

Pasha messed up his deke...AGAIN,

Brunner had another BEAUTIFUL deke but couldnt pull it off

Zetterberg as usual ****ed it up.

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
It's on.
Babcock fans are going to want to put me on ignore.
Because he's reached Dave Lewis levels of incompetence

Can't be ignored anymore.

It's time for Holland to give him his walking papers

I vote for Bob to take over as head coach, then we can all blame him for every loss.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
LOL, actually planned to make this thread as I saw OP mentioning on GDT that he's officially on the fire Babcock wagon.

But on the topic.. no I'd give him at least next season. It's very hard to win games with that roster. Though he's not grinding the best out of it.

The management seems to have written this season already somewhat off.

RedWingsNow*

What's the reasoning behind this thread, exactly?

1) Trajectory of the team
2) Coaches like Babs lose their team over time, which explains the trajectory, to a certain level
3) Blame Holland, sure. But it's Babcock's decision to play Lashoff on the top pairing that cost us all those points. It's Babcock's decision to put Abdelkader (1 point in 36 games) on Datsyuk's line -- essentially neutralizing your best offensive talent.
4) Tomas Tatar is showing more offensive skill than anyone not named Datsyuk Brunner or Zetterberg, yet he sits in OT for the second straight game -- while Cleary and Andersson?? took shifts.
5) Tomas Tatar getting almost no playing time in general.
6) Or most effective physical forward, Jordin Tootoo, receives much less information than he deserves (and than one would expect from a forward making $1.9M a year)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Signed. Unliked by the players and lost the room.

He's a great coach, but they grind on players. He's run his course.

Doesn't matter if every player likes him, I will bet you they all respect him.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
1) Trajectory of the team
2) Coaches like Babs lose their team over time, which explains the trajectory, to a certain level
3) Blame Holland, sure. But it's Babcock's decision to play Lashoff on the top pairing that cost us all those points. It's Babcock's decision to put Abdelkader (1 point in 36 games) on Datsyuk's line -- essentially neutralizing your best offensive talent.
4) Tomas Tatar is showing more offensive skill than anyone not named Datsyuk Brunner or Zetterberg, yet he sits in OT for the second straight game -- while Cleary and Andersson?? took shifts.
5) Tomas Tatar getting almost no playing time in general.
6) Or most effective physical forward, Jordin Tootoo, receives much less information than he deserves (and than one would expect from a forward making $1.9M a year)

Trajectory of the team has far more to due with the declining make-up of the roster from 2009 to 2013 than Babcock's coaching ability. Agree that I don't like the decision to play Cleary the minutes he does, and Abdelakder with Datsyuk. But the rest of what he is doing I have no problem with.

The fact that with the current roster Babs has, and the amount of injuries on it, this team is currently 6th in the west is a credit to Babcock's coaching ability. I think most other coaches in the league wouldn't be able to maximize the guys on this team the way Babcock has thus far.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
This is the year the HF Wings board loses its collective mind.

We steal a point from the hottest team in the league and play some decent team defense for once and now we want to fire the coach.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
This is the year the HF Wings board loses its collective mind.

We steal a point from the hottest team in the league and play some decent team defense for once and now we want to fire the coach.

Basically, all of this stems from Tatar not playing with Datsyuk. Some of the 'suggestions' we've seen over the years from certain people have been amazing.

No organization would fire their extremely successful coach during this season, it's a horrible suggestion and borderline dumb.

RedWingsNow*

Trajectory of the team has far more to due with the declining make-up of the roster from 2009 to 2013 than Babcock's coaching ability. Agree that I don't like the decision to play Cleary the minutes he does, and Abdelakder with Datsyuk. But the rest of what he is doing I have no problem with.

The fact that with the current roster Babs has, and the amount of injuries on it, this team is currently 6th in the west is a credit to Babcock's coaching ability. I think most other coaches in the league wouldn't be able to maximize the guys on this team the way Babcock has thus far.

Any team with Datsyuk and Zetterberg as centers 1 and 2 is going to be somewhat competitive.

And that's exactly what the wings are "somewhat competitive."

And let's stop crying about injuries. Helm. Flip. Colaiacovo. We're not hurting that bad anymore.

At this point, supporting Babcock is supporting the continual slide of the franchise.

THW

Mar 6, 2008
3) Blame Holland, sure. But it's Babcock's decision to play Lashoff on the top pairing that cost us all those points.

You had me until you made this completely idiotic statement....

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
This trumps the long list of terrible ideas this board has come up with.

They have allowed 4 goals in the last 3 games against Chi, SJ, and LA after thumping the Canucks and Preds.

This team is making strides and getting better. Compare how awful the defense looked at the beginning of the year to where they are now, and look at what he's working with. How is firing Babcock going to make a difference?

And "Dave Lewis level of incompetence" is simply a ridiculous statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad