The Official FALSE Flyers News Thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
The Coatsey story in the Broadcast News Thread made me think we should start a funny thread with false flyers news. It would be modeled after The Onion...

Posters like BernieParent will have a field day and some of the contrived stories/flyer fables would be fun to read.

Not sure if it would be against site rules ...if so delete.

Nevermind....lock it. This would be a nightmare to moderate....

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
As long as it doesn't get into the X player was out at 2AM doing drugs off a strippers back on a Friday night before an afternoon game and it's actual news that just turned out to be completely wrong this should be fine. Can't be dealing with libelous content on here.

EDIT: Nevermind, thought it was going to be a Ray Bourque was going to come to Philadelphia but they wouldn't trade Gagne story that never came to fruition. If it's going to be user generated stories well that will be hell to moderate so let's not do that.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
As long as it doesn't get into the X player was out at 2AM doing drugs off a strippers back on a Friday night before an afternoon game and it's actual news that just turned out to be completely wrong this should be fine. Can't be dealing with libelous content on here.

EDIT: Nevermind, thought it was going to be a Ray Bourque was going to come to Philadelphia but they wouldn't trade Gagne story that never came to fruition. If it's going to be user generated stories well that will be hell to moderate so let's not do that.

If kept in the Onion type style..I think it would be funny. I know BernieParent would post some great stories....HINT HINT

Also yeah..it could be more formal with corroborating false stories somehow

e.g. So and so has a "virus"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad