Prospect Info: The OFFICIAL CFHF Prospect Rankings: #6 Runoff.

If you could only keep one of these, whom would it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
upload_2019-8-12_10-0-29.png

Runoff needed between Parsons, Phillips and Pospisil.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Pospisil and Parsons are too high.

Phillips produced well in a pro league despite a horrible slump early on largely playing on the 3rd line of an awful team.

Pospisil had solid production in the USHL... but you don’t often see players play their d+1 year in that league anyway, and I’m skeptical he’ll just jump to the pro level and produce.

Parsons has had two suboptimal seasons in the pros. Idk if he still has some of that pedigree from junior, but he needs to show something this year or he is a serious question mark.

Last edited:

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Give me Mr. Pospisil. Hard to say who between him and Bobby Brink is the line driver in Sioux, but his production is encouraging.

Phillips didn't do enough in his rookie Pro season to buy into him yet, still has all the same question marks as when we drafted him.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Pospisil and Parsons are too high.

Phillips produced well in a pro league despite a horrible slump early on largely playing on the 3rd line of an awful team.

Pospisil had solid production in the USHL... but you don’t often see players play their d+1 year in that league anyway, and I’m skeptical he’ll just jump to the pro level and produce.

Parsons has had two suboptimal seasons in the pros. Idk if he still has some of that pedigree from junior, but he needs to show something this year or he is a serious question mark.

Pospisil was arguably the Sioux best player in his D year though.
And I agree, you normally don't see high end prospects in the USHL in their D+1, you normally also don't see guys who didn't go through the US program there at all. This kid isn't American :laugh:

In terms of Philips... going 0.5ish PPG in the minors isn't a great sign. I hate excuses for player production drops.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
And I agree, you normally don't see high end prospects in the USHL in their D+1, you normally also don't see guys who didn't go through the US program there at all. This kid isn't American :laugh:

In terms of Philips... going 0.5ish PPG in the minors isn't a great sign. I hate excuses for player production drops.

Sure, but he was a third liner with limited special teams minutes. In a bigger role, who knows what he does.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Parsons for me. Still very young. Really like his athleticism and his lateral movement. Phillips and Ruzicka would be my next two.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I think the biggest issue was his 253 PIMs in 49 games. One of the nicest things that was said about him (if I remember correctly) was that he was "unpredictable" but that was also seen as a bit of a liability.

What's great is he's heading to Stockton so we'll get a decent idea of how he plays in a pro league. Specifically if he remains... unpredictable.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Voted Pospisil. He has the highest chance of being an NHL'er (even if arguably, the lowest actual upside of the three). With his style of play, I can see him as a 4th line regular (2nd line in Edmonton) in the NHL'er within the next couple years. Phillips will definitely be a second line type player, but it's a matter of IF he makes it to the NHL level. Parsons I think has the highest possible upside, but with his health issues (both physical and mental), he's lost a fair bit of time to injuries, and has generally been unable to make a solid claim as a number 1 because of it ( (having played 55 of a potential 140 games the past 2 seasons, realistically as a 1a/1b he still should have had 70+ appearances. He only played in 20 of 68 games last year). Parsons has the biggest bust potential of all, though if he makes it, I feel confident it'll be as a #1, not even a 1a, but a straight up #1.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Give me Mr. Pospisil. Hard to say who between him and Bobby Brink is the line driver in Sioux, but his production is encouraging.

Phillips didn't do enough in his rookie Pro season to buy into him yet, still has all the same question marks as when we drafted him.

Phillips did pretty decent considering he was stapled to the third line and is/was an undersized rookie in a mans league for the first time. He didn't blow the doors down, but remember going into last year there were quite a few people who didn't think he would last the full season in the AHL and would be sent to the ECHL.

He's not my pick here, I'd take Parsons and Poposil over him, but just wanted to throw that out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Phillips did pretty decent considering he was stapled to the third line and is/was an undersized rookie in a mans league for the first time. He didn't blow the doors down, but remember going into last year there were quite a few people who didn't think he would last the full season in the AHL and would be sent to the ECHL.

He's not my pick here, I'd take Parsons and Poposil over him, but just wanted to throw that out there.

I don't disagree, he's still a good prospect for sure. He just hasn't done enough to move up in my eyes really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->