The Official Arizona Visitors Inquiry Thread

flyingjay

Jun 25, 2012
Winnipeg
I am coming from Winnipeg and bringing my 6 year old son who is gluten intolerant. We did the Pepsi Family deal and have the vouchers for Coyote Dogs and a drink. Does anyone know if we can substitute something for the Coyote Dog (perhaps something that is gluten free)?

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I am coming from Winnipeg and bringing my 6 year old son who is gluten intolerant. We did the Pepsi Family deal and have the vouchers for Coyote Dogs and a drink. Does anyone know if we can substitute something for the Coyote Dog (perhaps something that is gluten free)?

I believe they actually sell gluten free hot dogs, in a small health food kiosk on the lower level of the stadium.

Go to the customer service desk, which is just to the right of the main atrium and immediately past the team shop, and explain your situation to them. I’m sure they’d let you make the exchange.

Reactions: flyingjay

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away
Coming to AZ this Thursday through Sunday for the nucks and wings. Can anyone recommend any events worthwhile between those games? Was debating seeing a spring training game but probably just as a last resort. Staying in Scottsdale.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Coming to AZ this Thursday through Sunday for the nucks and wings. Can anyone recommend any events worthwhile between those games? Was debating seeing a spring training game but probably just as a last resort. Staying in Scottsdale.

Cactus League is your best bet if you want something to do. Not much else going on that I am aware of. Brewers and A's are the best value if you just want to enjoy a game.

Reactions: SpaceCoyote

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Cactus League is your best bet if you want something to do. Not much else going on that I am aware of. Brewers and A's are the best value if you just want to enjoy a game.

If staying in Scottsdale, the Peoria teams are also relatively cheap and it's right off the 101, not too bad a drive given the time. Probably easier to get to than the Maryland park. Also probably not much further than Hohokam.

But yeah not really much going on right now.
Non event type things, some people like doing the shooting range/rentals.

Can always pick a mountain to climb, now's the perfect time for it since it has stopped raining finally :laugh:

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Probably easier to get to than the Maryland park.

Maryvale? (although, I wasn't thinking the state - I was thinking the road halfway between Bethany Home and Glendale)

I've not been to that park - I was crushed when they left Chandler (I then worked at Motorola and could practically walk over to catch a few innings during a long lunch :( )

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
I'll be coming down in two weeks with some friends and want to get tickets to the game against the Oilers (will be wearing my kachina jersey of course). When is the best time to buy tickets? And are there shuttles to the arena of some sort? We'll be staying in Mesa.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I'll be coming down in two weeks with some friends and want to get tickets to the game against the Oilers (will be wearing my kachina jersey of course). When is the best time to buy tickets? And are there shuttles to the arena of some sort? We'll be staying in Mesa.

A Saturday against a Canadian team will be a decent draw. I'd check seatgeek.com for the chance of getting tickets possibly below face value, but I wouldn't count on it. The sooner you get tickets the better, since the game will probably be reasonably full, but probably not a sellout, so if you wait until the last minute you might not get very good seats (I know it's personal preference, but I prefer upper bowl sides to lower bowl ends, and upper bowl sides are also cheaper).

Shuttle to the arena from Mesa? Nope. Mesa's a geographically large city, and pretty much everywhere in Mesa is quite far from the arena. It's a Saturday game so there won't be rush hour traffic to deal with on the way to the game, but from anywhere in Mesa, to get to the arena, you're looking at a drive of at least one hour. It's a 7 p.m. game so I'd personally recommend getting to the Westgate area around 4 or so and grabbing some food and drinks before the game at one of the many restaurants surrounding the arena. There's a lot of variety.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
A Saturday against a Canadian team will be a decent draw. I'd check seatgeek.com for the chance of getting tickets possibly below face value, but I wouldn't count on it. The sooner you get tickets the better, since the game will probably be reasonably full, but probably not a sellout, so if you wait until the last minute you might not get very good seats (I know it's personal preference, but I prefer upper bowl sides to lower bowl ends, and upper bowl sides are also cheaper).

Shuttle to the arena from Mesa? Nope. Mesa's a geographically large city, and pretty much everywhere in Mesa is quite far from the arena. It's a Saturday game so there won't be rush hour traffic to deal with on the way to the game, but from anywhere in Mesa, to get to the arena, you're looking at a drive of at least one hour. It's a 7 p.m. game so I'd personally recommend getting to the Westgate area around 4 or so and grabbing some food and drinks before the game at one of the many restaurants surrounding the arena. There's a lot of variety.
Thanks for the info. I was there for the game against the Oilers in January as well and we bought tickets early but I was thinking maybe we'd be able to snag some late this time. Probably won't chance it.

Guess we'll have to take Uber since this is a boys trip and I don't think anyone will be too keen on being the DD that night. Any recommendations for restaurants in the area? I go to Phoenix 4-5 times a year and try to go to games every once in a while but have never actually eaten anywhere near the rink.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Thanks for the info. I was there for the game against the Oilers in January as well and we bought tickets early but I was thinking maybe we'd be able to snag some late this time. Probably won't chance it.

Guess we'll have to take Uber since this is a boys trip and I don't think anyone will be too keen on being the DD that night. Any recommendations for restaurants in the area? I go to Phoenix 4-5 times a year and try to go to games every once in a while but have never actually eaten anywhere near the rink.

Gordon Biersch is my favorite spot at Westgate. It's a bit further away (15-minute walk or so to the arena doors) but isn't nearly as busy. Yard House is also a great pick but you'd better get a table early or you'll be waiting forever. I've heard great things about Saddle Ranch Chop House and McFadden's which are right by the arena doors but have never been there myself. Buffalo Wild Wings is popular, but I don't think they're anything that special. Whiskey Rose has some good drinks but the food is mediocre. Good place to grab a drink or two to kill time after a game though while waiting for traffic to die down.

30k66qy.png

This should give you an idea of what's in the area. For reference if you'd like to probe around on Google Maps, the arena's address is 9400 West Maryland Avenue, Glendale, AZ 85305.

Reactions: StevenF1919

seymourswagger

Sep 20, 2018
Hi,

Coming from Edmonton for the 16th game. In your experience does prices go down on gameday? I prefer the cheapest tickets, even though I may sit last row in arena I don't really care. I am just looking for cheapest prices. Also is ticketmaster, stub hub, seatgeek ETC. the only places to purchase tickets. I know in some other smaller markets you can buy from local stores or so for a bit cheaper.

Thanks,

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
^Ticketmaster (or the arena itself) is pretty much the only option for firsthand tickets that I know of - someone else may know of deals at Fry's or wherever...

...but...

the chances of 2nd hand prices going down on gameday depend greatly on the opponent, the time of year, and the day of week.

In your case, Edmonton ...during spring training ...on a Saturday...when the team is playing well for the first time in 5 years...probably won't drop much.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
Hello Arizona fans! Looking to book a golfing trip in Scottsdale with a few buddies. Wondering on where to stay / which courses would serve us well..We're decent at golf but not great. Also looking for some nightlife as we'd want to go out at night and enjoy some drinks. Anything else on the trip you'd recommend? Probably looking at 4-5 days with a $1500.00 budget, does that work?

Thanks in advance!

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Hello Arizona fans! Looking to book a golfing trip in Scottsdale with a few buddies. Wondering on where to stay / which courses would serve us well..We're decent at golf but not great. Also looking for some nightlife as we'd want to go out at night and enjoy some drinks. Anything else on the trip you'd recommend? Probably looking at 4-5 days with a $1500.00 budget, does that work?

Thanks in advance!

There are probably others here more knowledgeable about steering you to one golf course or another, but the big question is: what month? Because the budget will vary widely based on that answer.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
There are probably others here more knowledgeable about steering you to one golf course or another, but the big question is: what month? Because the budget will vary widely based on that answer.
Any information would be great - we’re thinking of coming down end of November. Would AIRbnb or a golf resort be better budget aside? I think we’d like to golf 3 times, enjoy the night life and even explore a little (any suggestions for must dos in Arizona whether it’s hiking or a spot to go). Thursday to Monday type deal. Thanks again!

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Any information would be great - we’re thinking of coming down end of November. Would AIRbnb or a golf resort be better budget aside? I think we’d like to golf 3 times, enjoy the night life and even explore a little (any suggestions for must dos in Arizona whether it’s hiking or a spot to go). Thursday to Monday type deal. Thanks again!

Okay, November's pricey but not the worst....Again, I'll defer to pretty much anyone else here for the actual golf (the only place I've played in North Scottsdale is Grayhawk, 15 years ago, where I bumped into my beer league hockey teammate who once qualified for the Phoenix Open...so if it's good enough for him...), anyhoo, for staying/dining/nightlife, you're probably better off further south closer to Old Town. Allllll kinds of options in that area. Hiking in that area, Camelback Mountain is only a couple of miles west - two trails, one at each end that meet at the top, as challenging as you want to make them (there's no rule that says you have to go to the top), and the weather in November is about as good as it gets here most years. The other month for that is March, and that's why spring training's here (and the rates go up).

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Hello.

I ll be driving around Arizona in October and plan to do some hiking. My initial plan was to do the Havasu Falls hike but it looks like the fees are really expensive, you need to book lodging - it's sold out already and so on. Is there any other similar place with hiking option, some waterfalls or something like that, basically nice hiking trail, less known - less crowded preferably (not Grand Canyon)?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Hello.

I ll be driving around Arizona in October and plan to do some hiking. My initial plan was to do the Havasu Falls hike but it looks like the fees are really expensive, you need to book lodging - it's sold out already and so on. Is there any other similar place with hiking option, some waterfalls or something like that, basically nice hiking trail, less known - less crowded preferably (not Grand Canyon)?

Sedona and Prescott both have some great places, and the weather up there is fan-friggin'-tastic.

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Hello.

7 Falls down in Tucson might be nice. Based on the rain we've gotten and should get over the next week or so there should be some decent flow over the falls as well.

big mish

Aug 26, 2009
Hey Guys. Thinking about visiting with the family for the Devils game in early December. Was wondering what benefit, if any, the Club Red seats offer? Scoping out seats on StubHub and the lower level seating prices seem reasonable enough but just trying to determine if the value of “club” seats are worth it vs other lower bowl seats. Thanks in advance!

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Hey Guys. Thinking about visiting with the family for the Devils game in early December. Was wondering what benefit, if any, the Club Red seats offer? Scoping out seats on StubHub and the lower level seating prices seem reasonable enough but just trying to determine if the value of “club” seats are worth it vs other lower bowl seats. Thanks in advance!

If it's the same as it used to be, there are food options available in the club not available elsewhere. That's the most tangible benefit.

Reactions: big mish

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad