The Official Android Thread Part XV: Time For Some Oreo!

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I mean, their sensors are in basically every phone now, at least mid to high end ones. They are awesome, but goddamn Sony's phone division is stupid.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
The "Nexus" branding is dead. The newest phones this year will be called the Pixel and Pixel XL, according to android police.

Interesting if there rumors are true.

What the pricing will be? I don't like that the Pixel Xl will be 5.5.

The Nexus 6P is perfect at 5.7.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
I believe I read that their symbol is the Google "G" and that they'll be smaller than the Nexus.

Back to the good old days, honestly the "NEXUS" is tacky as ****.

RTR2STXJ.jpg

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Back to the good old days, honestly the "NEXUS" is tacky as ****.

RTR2STXJ.jpg

It's better than having something on the front...besides, most cases cover up the logos, unless it's clear or an iPhone case. I like the clear case for my 6P, it shows of the aluminum shell, and it doesn't look like a Samsung.

Not sure what I think of Google and their schizophrenic ideas...constantly A/B testing products, and now swapping Nexus for Pixel...which I guess could put all their own Chromebooks and phones under the same brand, but the Pixel Chromebooks always struck me as being overpriced, and they messed up with the Nexus 6 and its initial price.

It's the same problem Windows OEMs have with high-end laptops, there's only so much polishing you can do to a turd. Example, I don't think Windows will ever get trackpads right.

TL;DR: I don't think of Google as being premium, when their software is always a constant beta.

Stories

Science!
Sep 10, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
It's better than having something on the front...besides, most cases cover up the logos, unless it's clear or an iPhone case. I like the clear case for my 6P, it shows of the aluminum shell, and it doesn't look like a Samsung.

Not sure what I think of Google and their schizophrenic ideas...constantly A/B testing products, and now swapping Nexus for Pixel...which I guess could put all their own Chromebooks and phones under the same brand, but the Pixel Chromebooks always struck me as being overpriced, and they messed up with the Nexus 6 and its initial price.

It's the same problem Windows OEMs have with high-end laptops, there's only so much polishing you can do to a turd. Example, I don't think Windows will ever get trackpads right.

TL;DR: I don't think of Google as being premium, when their software is always a constant beta.

Some companies that use a precision touchpad is pretty good. But only the most expensive models come with one equipped.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Got my mom the Huawei Honor 5X, for 150 USD (Amazon)

I can't believe that phone is under 200$.

Nice useful features, dual SIM slot, great fingerprint scanner, more than decent camera (not the greatest if compared to hte latest flagships, but very good considering the price of the phone), running MM.

Nice build quality as well, and you can add a micro SD card (up to 128 gb).

If I wasn't spoiled by my S6's camera, IR blaster and theme engine, I would have sold my Galaxy and bought that phone (and make a profit)
But I'm definitely keeping an eye out for the next great cheap unlocked phone when my contract runs out

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Is it weird I was hoping for an S7 recall since my screen has a crack :) Oh well. I really really like the S7 but next time i'll get an Active.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
A Note 7 blew up in a kid's hand and a mandatory recall is expected.

Samsung and the media have been going on for quite a while how you should stop using the device. Yes, it a faulty product, but at some point you have to listen and stop using it. I blame the grandparent for being so unaware.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Samsung and the media have been going on for quite a while how you should stop using the device. Yes, it a faulty product, but at some point you have to listen and stop using it. I blame the grandparent for being so unaware.
While i agree with you, ultimately people will just blame Samsung and this will be a pretty huge setback.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Oh I agree. This should solely be on the shoulders of whoever let the kid play with a phone that should have been returned long ago.

"Oh well it [was] 35 out of a million..." Every phone except China's variants are ticking time bombs.

And now it's more than 35 and up to 2.5-million.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad