The Official Alexander Ovechkin Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
EroCaps said:
I wonder how Kovy feels about Ovy now. :D

I bet Kovy's not too happy right about now. Before when asked about Ovy, Kovy said, ""I met him once, when I was 15. Everybody says he's a pretty good player," Kovalchuk said. "We'll see. The NHL is a different league."

When Ovechkin was asked to compare himself to Kovy, Ovechkin said, "...but skillwise I want to be better than Ilya."

Add to that the fact that Ovy and Kovy are going to be in the same division!!

Telperiën

Nov 1, 2003
Galaxy Far Far Away
Foppa_Rules said:
Add to that the fact that Ovy and Kovy are going to be in the same division!!
Ha! Glad someone pointed that out. And assuming there's no lockout, we'll see those two... I doubt Kovy likes others challenging his "title". (See his comments on Spezza).

Telperiën

Nov 1, 2003
Galaxy Far Far Away
Bobby Orr's Knees said:
What kind of a title would that be?
Ah, he's a good guy; I don't think he's all that overboard either. Kovalchuk sets high standards for himself and will be supremo pissed if he fails to achieve them. He used to say prudent things, but honestly, he does live up to them.

As for his "title", oh I'm sure he'll try to remain one of the hottest young players in the game. However, this is getting off topic (as it is the Alex Ovechkin Thread), so on a last note: I have seen Ovechkin play a dozen times in total and for the past two games vs. Czech, he's been great. Me? I prefer Kovy, not because he is necessarily the better skilled player, but because his fire and pure willpower amazes me.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
IlyaK17 said:
Ah, he's a good guy; I don't think he's all that overboard either. Kovalchuk sets high standards for himself and will be supremo pissed if he fails to achieve them. He used to say prudent things, but honestly, he does live up to them.

As for his "title", oh I'm sure he'll try to remain one of the hottest young players in the game. However, this is getting off topic (as it is the Alex Ovechkin Thread), so on a last note: I have seen Ovechkin play a dozen times in total and for the past two games vs. Czech, he's been great. Me? I prefer Kovy, not because he is necessarily the better skilled player, but because his fire and pure willpower amazes me.

I'm "zer" high on Kovalchuck, but he's got to worry about becoming the Allen Iverson of the NHL with that attitude. Wasn't he benched several times by Hartley down the stretch? Ilya is a good guy, but he could be more heady when it counts, that's for sure.

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
EroCaps said:
Ovechkin makes RSL All-Star team as an 18-year old... :amazed:

http://www.russianjerseys.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=000550

Is this true?

WOW! I know the kid is good but to be named the best LW in the 2nd best league in the world before you've even been drafted is unbeleivable. Well for all those AO doubters out there thats definitly somethin for you to chew on....especially consindering Kovalchuk didn't even make the league in his draft year. Man, I really hope they get a deal done so we can watch him in Oct..

I wonder if he can be as effective playing on the right so he can play with Semin....who's AHL playoffs #'s are GP 2 G 4 A 3....I take it he's certainly not sulking about being sent to Portland. :D

HckyFght*

At least Caps Management now has a chance to give the team a make-over from top to bottom.

I would get the Caps a new and consistent look. A real life GM and put McPhee in charge of scouting. I'd give Hanlon a year by year evaluation since most of his team will be minor leaguers, but I'd have my eyes out for the next time a Hartley comes available.

Now they can take AO out and use him to sell the team as a whole new entity. They've needed an image overhaul since Leonsis took over and now is the time for them to start fresh, new team, new marketing strategy, new everything!

It's about time.
-HckyFght!

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Foppa_Rules said:
Kovalchuk never made it to the Superleague at any age and Ovechkin made it at 16..
That's not really accurate. Kovalchuk's team never made it to the RSL, but Kovalchuk was more than good enough to play there.

CapitalPunishment

Apr 9, 2004
Maryland
Hello people

Im back and I have finished updating my site with 31 new videos!!

I know some of you may already have some of the "new videos" that I added today, but most people dont have them already, so I decided to post them up as well.

Have fun, and as always:

http://www.wam.umd.edu/~gdogum/main.htm

Also, I didnt have time to check for each individual link, so if i screwed up on any of the links please tell me.

Also, I will add that one other video that user tretiak posted. I will do that sometime later, maybe tommorow or tonight.

:hyper: :gman:

CapitalPunishment

Apr 9, 2004
Maryland
Attention! For those having problems viewing these videos, just go to the DivX website and download the codec. {the link is now on the site}

Also for others who dont know, you need to right click on the video links and choose "Save Target as..." then save it anywhere you wish. [This applies to most people but not everyone.]

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
Watching those videos I'm really blown away by his speed. I guess it's because of people comparing him to guys like Kovolchuk and Zherdev making it seem like he's more of a power player, but he looks as fast as anyone I've seen.....reminds me alot of Bure with his speed....very nice. He also looks a bit smaller than a 6' 2" guy though.....maybe it's because he's more filled out than most guys you see on there though.

All in all I'm thoroughly impressed by this kid and my opinion of him has even risen quite abit.

As for those guys on the trade board.....forget it, I wouldn't deal him for anything now, he's our's. :jump:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad