NBA The Official 2023 NBA Draft Thread

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I know McNair wants to pull off a trade for a difference maker, but the Kings don’t have a ton of draft capital or roster assets to trade for one.

Plus with pretty much every other team in the Pacific sacrificing their futures for now, it’s probably best to hold tight and look elsewhere in fa.

Who did Cam Whitmore piss off?
Not Houston.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
A rookie question, but why does these pick swaps take days? Like, Denver and Indiana made a trade earlier this week, where Denver got for example the 29th pick. Adam Silver announces that Indiana Pacers drafts Julian Strawther. And then they cut to commentators, who are talking purely about Denver drafting Strawther. NBA.com has absolutely nothing about the trade. Not even in the trade tracker: 2023 Draft Trade Tracker

In NHL, when a pick is traded, a pick is traded, end of discussion.

Here's probably something extremely obvious that I'm missing.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
A rookie question, but why does these pick swaps take days? Like, Denver and Indiana made a trade earlier this week, where Denver got for example the 29th pick. Adam Silver announces that Indiana Pacers drafts Julian Strawther. And then they cut to commentators, who are talking purely about Denver drafting Strawther. NBA.com has absolutely nothing about the trade. Not even in the trade tracker: 2023 Draft Trade Tracker

It has always been so stupid. The player goes up and even puts on the hat of the team drafting him despite being immediately traded.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie

Think this only happens when conditions of deals haven't been met, like a physical for a player. Also because teams can't trade their own first round picks in consecutive drafts.. they can draft a player for another team and trade his rights before he signs his rookie contracts. Basically a work around that is unique to the NBA trade rules.

Reactions: Arto Kilponen

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Wonder what the Kings end up doing with all the money they just saved dumping Holmes to Dallas. At the very least it better go towards a Domas extension.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So, the national player of the year, leading scorer of the big 12, and final 4 MOP, all went undrafted.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
So, the national player of the year, leading scorer of the big 12, and final 4 MOP, all went undrafted.
was edey the player of the year? he withdrew from the draft

not sure who the big 12 leading scorer was. sanogo probably went undrafted because at 6'9 he's undersized for the C position that he played in college. he signed with the bulls though

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
was edey the player of the year? he withdrew from the draft

not sure who the big 12 leading scorer was. sanogo probably went undrafted because at 6'9 he's undersized for the C position that he played in college. he signed with the bulls though
Last years player of the year I guess

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
grady dick seems like a steal for toronto at 13 I thiink he will be productive and seems to have a personality also .

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Might have a tough sell getting Drake to wear his jersey like he wants, but he does seem genuinely happy to be coming here so that's a plus. :laugh:

lol drake will probs do it hes a good sport. especially if he turns into like a 15ppg player or more drake be all over it lol

Reactions: Dr Pepper

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Rich Paul is starting to piss me off

how the fVck are agents allowed to do this
"dont draft my client"
"he wont be attending workouts for you"

Reactions: HisIceness

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

Man has Hornets fans ready to run through a wall lol

Rich Paul is starting to piss me off

how the fVck are agents allowed to do this
"dont draft my client"
"he wont be attending workouts for you"

Even other agents don't like him.

He's pals with LeBron, that's all he needs to "get into the club".

Reactions: Breakers

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Even other agents don't like him.

He's pals with LeBron, that's all he needs to "get into the club".

It's insane he is allowed to operate like this in the open

how are small markets teams suppose to build

if he doesnt get drafted.......... go ahead and pick your team
but to openly submit ultimatums. Like christ, what is this.

Reactions: HisIceness

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
It's insane he is allowed to operate like this in the open

how are small markets teams suppose to build

if he doesnt get drafted.......... go ahead and pick your team
but to openly submit ultimatums. Like christ, what is this.
2 of the last 3 NBA championships have been won by small market teams

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad