The Official 2022-23 Tank Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potential

Nov 11, 2017
I feel like going after Chevy is a bit of an unfair comment, an an easy criticism to make. Who were we supposed to sign? And with what money?

No, we made our bed by crapping on Buff when he needed our support more than ever - clearly he was dealing with some personal things and needed some time. I'm convinced he would have been willing to get the surgery and come back afterwards for the duration of his contract to help us fufill our defensive transition to our younger guys. He was the lynchpin, and was irreplaceable.

One of Chipman and/or Thomson made that call, as Buff and Chevy go way back. I'm still really ashamed of how we handled Buff's situation as an organization, and I can only hope that he doesn't hold it agains us the fans, as he was, and always will be beloved to this one.

As for PoMo, he's done everything that Chipman and Thomson have asked of him, but I think he's running out of time as a coach as the players are growing tired of the status quo. Like others have mentioned, he's an awesome person, and I hope they have a place for him in the organization as he wants us to succeed and is incredibly well-spoken.

This season is what it is. We played a ton of exciting hockey in the first 3/4 of the season, and won a bunch of games we had no business winning, but we're probably honestly looking at an early playoff exit again. I'll enjoy the rest of the games for what they are, and have started to look forward to next season.

Perhaps by then there may be talk of watching a game live in the arena.

Last edited:

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
I feel like going after Chevy is a bit of an unfair comment, an an easy criticism to make. Who were we supposed to sign? And with what money?

No, we made our bed by crapping on Buff when he needed our support more than ever - clearly he was dealing with some personal things and needed some time. I'm convinced he would have been willing to get the surgery and come back afterwards for the duration of his contract to help us fufill our defensive transition to our younger guys. He was the lynchpin, and was irreplaceable.

One of Chipman and/or Thomson made that call, as Buff and Chevy go way back. I'm still really ashamed of how we handled Buff's situation as an organization, and I can only hope that he doesn't hold it agains us the fans, as he was, and always will be beloved to this one.

As for PoMo, he's done everything that Chipman and Thomson has asked of him, but I think he's running out of time as a coach as the players are growing tired of the status quo. Like others have mentioned, he's an awesome person, and I hope they have a place for him in the organization as he wants us to succeed and is incredibly well-spoken.

This season is what it is. We played a ton of exciting hockey in the first 3/4 of the season, and won a bunch of games we had no business winning, but we're probably honestly looking at an early playoff exit again. I'll enjoy the rest of the games for what they are, and have started to look forward to next season.

Perhaps by then there may be talk of watching a game live in the arena.

We can go after Chevy for drafting the softest team in the nhl. And an entire forward group that will never know how to play defensively

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
We can go after Chevy for drafting the softest team in the nhl. And an entire forward group that will never know how to play defensively
Wheeler has regressed very badly, quickly. Scheifele seems to have forgotten how to hockey. A couple seasons ago he was a top 10 player in the league. Now he may be a top 25 C. He has never been tuff but now he is butter soft.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
I think the organization wants to tank for a better draft spot. And they rather be swept by the Leafs instead of the Oilers.

I get playing the weaker goalie against a weaker team, but we need wins. So why didn't Helle play tonight, after a 3 day break?

Ehlers shut down for the season. Scheifele mailing it in every game. Wheeler taking stupid penalties...well, more often now.

Only the fourth line looking like they are putting effort in each shift. The defense...well, they are weak no matter how you juggle them.

Maurice still not fired? Yep, management wants to lose.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think the organization wants to tank for a better draft spot. And they rather be swept by the Leafs instead of the Oilers.

I get playing the weaker goalie against a weaker team, but we need wins. So why didn't Helle play tonight, after a 3 day break?

Ehlers shut down for the season. Scheifele mailing it in every game. Wheeler taking stupid penalties...well, more often now.

Only the fourth line looking like they are putting effort in each shift. The defense...well, they are weak no matter how you juggle them.

Maurice still not fired? Yep, management wants to lose.

Worst tank in history. Wait until you can't miss the PO before you start losing. This tank is a joke.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
It’s not a coincidence that the team has started playing like shit when the whistles go away and intensity ramps up. We are a regular season team I said it last year and stick by it.

I also think the team knows this and when we didn’t get help at the deadline it crushed a lot of our confidence.

When the whistles go away? They had 6 powerplays last night.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
This is how much of a threat I see the Jets are to Tank
upload_2021-10-14_12-9-17.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad