The Official 2022-23 Tank Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I’ve tapped out this season, we’re done. I’m 100% on the tank wagon. Only things I want to see rest of the year is PLD keep going into beast mode and final game of the year see the Jets just turn that game into a old school Flyers game from the 70’s running guys all over the ice. Send the Leafs a parting present(s) going into the playoffs and giving the league the middle finger. Yes I’m mad.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Best case scenario at this point is to get ass blasted in the playoffs. Hopefully that prompts a coaching staff firing. We need a reset.
My worry is it looks like Scheifele is unhappy - with the team or coach, I dont know. Now the team is getting humiliated by the Oilers again and leaving Hellebucyk in is reminiscent of the P Roy fiasco years ago.

The window slammed shut when Chevy let 5 top 6 D leave and did not replace them while at the same time gave away 1st round picks for futile attempts to acquire a #2 C.

Window could be a bit open - Hellebucyk wins a Vezina, Pionk is way better than expected BUT NO, have to stick with the coach.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
My worry is it looks like Scheifele is unhappy - with the team or coach, I dont know. Now the team is getting humiliated by the Oilers again and leaving Hellebucyk in is reminiscent of the P Roy fiasco years ago.

The window slammed shut when Chevy let 5 top 6 D leave and did not replace them while at the same time gave away 1st round picks for futile attempts to acquire a #2 C.

Window could be a bit open - Hellebucyk wins a Vezina, Pionk is way better than expected BUT NO, have to stick with the coach.

Im in a cranky mood, IMO everyone is available via trade except Ehlers. Obviously not saying give anyone away, I would want full value.....but I’m fine trading anyone except Ehlers (maybe Helle). Pionk isn’t a #1D by any means but I like his heart.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Im in a cranky mood, IMO everyone is available via trade except Ehlers. Obviously not saying give anyone away, I would want full value.....but I’m fine trading anyone except Ehlers (maybe Helle). Pionk isn’t a #1D by any means but I like his heart.
Ditto. 2+ years of watching the team NOT address their many problems.

Coming into this season I was excited to see a youth movement but NO. Guys rot on the taxi squad while Mo plays the likes of Poolman and Bealieau and Forbort play tons.

Scheifele and Connor are likely the worst top 20 forwards in the league in their own zone. Wheeler too (though he is not a top forward anymore).

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011

Coming into this season I was excited to see a youth movement but NO. Guys rot on the taxi squad while Mo plays the likes of Poolman and Bealieau and Forbort play tons.

Scheifele and Connor are likely the worst top 20 forwards in the league in their own zone. Wheeler too (though he is not a top forward anymore).

Im fine trading anyone (see my previous post about exceptions), but I also done with this entire coaching staff.......fire them all.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Is there a chance the Jets can miss the playoffs?

Climbing on board the tank thread.

Who's the tank commander?

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Is there a chance the Jets can miss the playoffs?

Climbing on board the tank thread.

Who's the tank commander?

I doubt they miss playoffs......they would need to completely far off......we could easily go .500 rest of the season though

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Meh, it wouldn't matter if the Jets missed the playoffs and drafted top-10 or were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs and drafted 16-20. Years from now, the top-10 picks will likely be the least impressive group of the new millennium. Thanks to the lack of games played, scouts will be unable to properly assess the talent. I think the best NHL talent will be spread throughout the entire first round and beyond.

Reactions: John Agar

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Five games left, FF the rest of the season and playoffs (if we make it)......let’s get to the draft & summer as soon as possible this season is as good as over.

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
It is so bad I will now be cheering for Toronto :baghead:

I cant stand the Oilers. Luckiest franchise in history. Never should have been in a position - nor allowed - to win the McDavid draft. :banghead:

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
This draft... in the position the Jets will be drafting...

Will be really much more miss than hit...

If We lost every game to the end and Calgary wins enough...

Still the worst year to tank... evah... for the Jets...

giphy.gif

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Dropping out of the playoffs is gonna be a tough task.

Calgary has to win 5 of their last 6 just to tie us, or win every single game from here on out to pass us.

Vancouver has to win 8 of their last 11 to tie us, many of which are against Calgary.

If Calgary loses 2 of their last 6 games and Vancouver loses 4 of their last 11. Neither team is catching us.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny

And you know what? Stanley will be replaced by Benn again. Dubois' icetime will go down again because...he lost the game for the team again!! ( according to Maurice's anal-blistics analytics)
Scheifele deserves more icetime because he is unhappy.
And...Jets losses rise to 8.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Meh, it wouldn't matter if the Jets missed the playoffs and drafted top-10 or were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs and drafted 16-20. Years from now, the top-10 picks will likely be the least impressive group of the new millennium. Thanks to the lack of games played, scouts will be unable to properly assess the talent. I think the best NHL talent will be spread throughout the entire first round and beyond.

They would just be more soft small and offensive forwards that can’t play d

Perfetti is the next jet that’s going to shy away from contact like Connor sheif etc

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
And you know what? Sranley will be replaced by Benn again. Dubois' icetime will go down again because...he lost the game for the team again!! ( according to Maurice's anal-blistics analytics)
Scheifele deserves more icetime because he is unhappy.
And...Jets losses rise to 8.
By the way. Can kyle connor even rember how to shoot? I don't remember his last almost goal quick shot on net?

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
By the way. Can kyle connor even rember how to shoot? I don't remember his last almost goal quick shot on net?

Probably not -
The line isn't getting any shots off between the dots - everything is back to the point.
We are smothered most nights - and this line is no good against an effective back check.

I won't even mention off the rush opportunities - because there are zero.
Kyle is in the same boat as the rest of them- completely ineffective at this point and you need a good memory to recall when the line was dangerous.

Edit: And Wheeler needs to be moved out of the top 6 - it's embarrassing. I would prefer any winger in his role - any of them.

Last edited:

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
It’s not a coincidence that the team has started playing like shit when the whistles go away and intensity ramps up. We are a regular season team I said it last year and stick by it.

I also think the team knows this and when we didn’t get help at the deadline it crushed a lot of our confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->