The Official 2016 Summer Olympics Thread

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Yeah you don't sound bitter at all

I haven't watched a single game from that tournament - my complete lack of involvement wouldn't have given me any joy from a win in that final. If you can't see how this Brazilian crowd wasn't deserving of this good fortune, hey, you are free to be as ignorant as you want to be.

mexicohockey

Sep 18, 2007
DF
It's ironic that we won it in a moment where we are struggling to develop star players like we are used to.

Take away Neymar, Renato Augusto and Gabigol and the team suddenly looks very pedestrian. Individual talent, way better preparation and public support made a difference. Brasil was probably the only nation in both Europe and the Americas that put more emphasis on the Olympics than the continentals tournaments.

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
Take away Neymar, Renato Augusto and Gabigol and the team suddenly looks very pedestrian. Individual talent, way better preparation and public support made a difference. Brasil was probably the only nation in both Europe and the Americas that put more emphasis on the Olympics than the continentals tournaments.

More than what most people expected of a South American nation in regards to the Olympics.

Its been noted that several of the younger players have been called up the national team for WCQ next month.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo

It wasn't a bad team they just didn't have many offensive threats. Other than Neymar, of course.

The defense was outstanding, though.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Since when do you get suspended for being a sore loser?

Suspending by the American body, not by FIFA or someone. So it's like your boss sending you home for the day to think about your actions, not the police coming in and arresting you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad