The Official 2011 College/Junior/European Free Agent thread

Darius Dangleaitis

Padowan Kovalchuk
Jul 31, 2006
Morristown, NJ
Paul Thompson and Mike Sislo from UNH.

Dalton Speelman is another guy to keep an eye on. Only a sophomore though.

And if DiGirolamo keeps it up in net he'll be a commodity after next year.

Darius Dangleaitis

Padowan Kovalchuk
Jul 31, 2006
Morristown, NJ
Sislo and Thompson from UNH definitely.

Speelman, Henrion, Moses, and Hardowa are young guys to keep an eye on moving forward.

DiGirolamo is small but if he keeps it up he'll be sought after when he graduates.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Some good names already thrown out there, but I'll add a few more:

- Andy Miele (Camper's linemate at Miami, currently leads the nation in assists with 19).

- Jack Connolly, Mike Connolly and Justin Fontaine: Minnesota-Duluth's explosive top line that is among the top lines currently in the NCAA. All three players currently rank in the top 10 in scoring.

- Broc Little, Yale. Little guy that is just a little whippet out there. Very quick and dynamic. Leads Yale in scoring.

- Denny Urban, Robert Morris University. This guy may not get much consideration since RMU plays in Atlantic Hockey, but Urban is a guy to watch. He currently leads the nation in defneseman scoring with 16 points (3G, 13A). I've watched Urban since his freshman year at RMU and he's just gotten better and better. Decent size with great hands that moves the puck well.

Leafsfan64

Nov 20, 2010
Simply Put... Who are some of the top players to watch out for?

1) Forwards
2) Defencmen
3) Goaltenders

Thanks, Cheers!

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
stephane da costa (F - NCAA)
carter camper (F - NCAA)
henrik tommernees (D - SEL)
scott greenham (G - NCAA)

would spark my interest

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Broc Little, Denny Kearny out of Yale may very well get long looks for pro contracts, especially if yale challenges for the NCAA crown.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Goalie Nathan Lieuwen in Kootenay will likely get a pro contract or atleast a pro tryout.

6'5 while going 18-8 so far on the year with good GAA and sv%.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
Not exactly a prospect anymore, but there has to be a team in the NHL willing to take a chance with Patrick Thoresen.

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
James Reid, WHL, he's 22-7, 3rd in the league in GAA. I think he had a tryout with the Canucks 2 years ago, so hopefully he can pick something up this year.

Some other goalies I'd say are Lieuwen, who is an obvious choice to me surprised he hasn't been drafted, Aaron Dell from ND State, and John Muse from Boston College.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
For the NCAA,

Carter Camper (Miami)
Paul Thompson (UNH)
Jack Connolly (UMD)
Mike Connolly (UMD)
Justin Fontaine (UMD)
Chase Polacek (Rensselaer)
Stephen Schultz (CC)
Joe Diamond (Maine)
Andy Miele (Miami)
Broc Little (Yale)
Drew LeBlanc (SCSU)

Sneekypete

Mar 10, 2008
Branford,Ct
www.mprete.com
Undrafted College Seniors..Soon to be FA`s

I am sorry if someone has already posted about this and I missed it but who are some of the good undrafted college seniors I should be tracking, other then Thompson from UNH.

CamDegs13

Nose Face Killah
Feb 9, 2007
UMass
twitter.com
Chris Barton - F - Merrimack College senior captain (was captain in his junior year as well).

5'11 / 195 lbs
Shoots: L

2009-10 - 37 GP - 19-19-38
2010-11 - 17 GP - 7-9-16

An NHL scout said of Barton:
Chris Barton – “He’s one of those guys who can fill in any role at the next level. I just think he’s the type of player every team needs.”

Last edited:

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
college overagers and europeans drawing attention for a contract

I'm looking for some of the college players and older europeans who are drawing attention for signing a contract as a UFA at the end of the season. Who are the ones with a good chance of sticking in the NHL in the next two years?

Thanks

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Chace Polacek

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=107766

Watched him a few times. Smaller player, but has great vision and passing skills. Can control the game pretty well. His size is really the only thing that is worrying because at times he can get pushed around. He was said to be one of the better FA's last season, but wanted to finish school at RPI.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Top Free Agent Prospects of 2011 (OHL, NCAA, SEL ... etc)

These threads always come up, and seeing as it's a new year (and I didn't see a thread) I thought we could start making a list of some potential Free Agent prospects that NHL teams may be after.

They don't have to be 'big names' but ones you believe stand a chance of landing a contract (maybe X number of teams have been scouting them). Maybe a small scouting report to go along with them if you can manage.

Examples of these Free Agents from years past are Tyler Bozak, Bobby Butler, Fabian Brunnstrom, Jonas Gustavsson .. etc.

Let's try to make lists from the OHL, NCAA, SEL ...

(Maybe the thread can be stickied once we get rolling?)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Carter Camper - Miami University, Senior

medium_Carter%20Camper.jpg

5'9, 173lbs - 7/6/1988 (22-years-old)

* Currently leads the NCAA in points - 13 goals, 25 assists, 38 points.
* Career NCAA totals so far: GP - 139, 64 goals, 101 assists, 165 points

Scouting report courtesy of Hockey's Futures, although extremely dated (December 2009) so if anyone wants to add they can:

Carter Camper has a small 5-10 175 LBS frame, but plays a strong finesse and speed based game. He is regarded as a hard worker and a good leader.

Although he is a scoring threat whenever he is on the ice he is strictly a perimeter player. He doesn't go into the corners and sometimes gets lazy on the back check. He does see the ice well and knows where his teammates are all the time. He has an excellent stride and has speed and agility, creates scoring opportunities for his teammates, and plays well away from the puck. He has a good shot, excellent hands and gives and receives the puck well. Size will be a factor for Carter. He does get knocked off of the puck easily but does know his limitations and doesn't try to do to much. He needs to work on his strength. He is a natural scorer in this league (NAHL) and is a playmaker. He is a very talented player and might be a possible late draft pick.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
NCAA:

Matt Ambroz: University of Nebraska-Omaha - 6'4, 198lbs - 3/25/1987 (23-years-old)

Carter Camper: University of Miami - 5'9, 173lbs - 7/6/1988 (22-years-old)

Stephane Da Costa: Merrimack College - 5'11, 180lbs - 11/7/1989 (21-years-old)

OHL:

Jason Akeson: Kitchener Rangers - 5'11, 183lbs - 6/3/1990 (20-years-old)

WHL:

Tyler Johnson: Spokane Chiefs - 5'9, 165lbs - 7/29/1990 (20-years-old)

SEL

Sebastien Erixon: Timra - 5'11, 183lbs - 9/12/1989 (21-years-old)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad