The Office of Strategic Planning - Tank Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Queenville dog house ??????

Could be, maybe it is a product of Trocheck not fitting his system. He is a more North/South guy and without the same speed maybe it has really shown some other weaknesses that Q doesn't trust. I was anticipating moves, so I am partially with you. I just don't think the basis of not making a move for him is means to get torn up about Guerin judgement. There will be plenty of time for that. I think Brodin/Dumba being our two best assets for trade potential, I'm open to seeing what else happens down the road.

My one gripe is that considering the way d were flying off the board that we didn't move Pateryn or Hunt for something at least. Maybe the Soucy injury changed thinking on that? Also the fact that Barclay Goodrow got a first makes me think there was something to be had for someone like Foligno. But they seem keen on keeping him around as a vet.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Looking forward to scratching and clawing down the stretch to finish 10th last. A team behind us wins the lottery and we pick 11th. We draft a guy with questionable upside but tons of character. Might even wear the C someday. Kaprizov comes over and is a slightly better Zucker. Boldy never adjusts to the pro game. Brodin and Foligno go back to being their prior selves and we lose a ton of value on them. Continue to never find top 6 centers under the age of 32. Perpetual bubble finishes. Repeat the process. No chance of escaping mediocrity. Life is good. It’s simple.

This is my biggest concern. At least Fenton cleared out all of the rest of Riser's guys. Can't believe Fletcher kept most of them. Looks like Fenton got rid of a lot of scouts and it's starting to pay off.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
This is my biggest concern. At least Fenton cleared out all of the rest of Riser's guys. Can't believe Fletcher kept most of them. Looks like Fenton got rid of a lot of scouts and it's starting to pay off.

No concerns anymore. Everything is as it should be. The issue was having any expectations.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
No concerns anymore. Everything is as it should be. The issue was having any expectations.

giphy.gif

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Don't see where Domi is an improvement over Staal.

DRW tonight. Hard on the tank.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
If you guys are disappointed with Staal's production, you have to make your peace with the fact that Domi has less, even though he is in his prime.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
By the age of 24 Eric Staal had a 100, and an 82 pt season under his belt.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
By the age of 24 Eric Staal had a 100, and an 82 pt season under his belt.

And Domi has a 72. I don't really know what your argument is. I'd love to have 24 year old Eric Staal on this team, but the laws of the universe prohibit that.

If Fiala is what he currently is going forward, and Kaprizov is what we think his, we need a solution in the middle that can keep up with both of them for the next 5+ years. Domi is one of the better realistic options that has been out there.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
And Domi has a 72. I don't really know what your argument is. I'd love to have 24 year old Eric Staal on this team, but the laws of the universe prohibit that.

If Fiala is what he currently going forward, and Kaprizov is what we think his, we need a solution in the middle that can keep up with both of them for the next 5+ years. Domi is one of the better realistic options that has been out there.
This is exactly it. We need to find a center who can keep up. If domi gives us 70 points (even 60 honestly) down the middle of Kaprizov and Fiala, and we keep 3 of our top 4, we can fill in the rest.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
This is exactly it. We need to find a center who can keep up. If domi gives us 70 points (even 60 honestly) down the middle of Kaprizov and Fiala, and we keep 3 of our top 4, we can fill in the rest.

Also keeps the pressure of Khovanov having to be a 1C (he could just settle in as a good 2C) and keeps Boldy in the spot that got him drafted in the 1st round and seems to produce better at (though I'm not crossing him off the list of possibilities).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad