The Offical Darcy (Kyle) Tucker (Clifford) Appreciation Thread.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
hqdefault.jpg

EP-301189985.jpg&updated=201501180153&MaxW=800&maxH=800&noborder

d8S1WvC.gif

tumblr_mlkf3rYXvV1qh6fqvo6_500.jpg
Anaheim+Ducks+v+Los+Angeles+Kings+rBcb_j1iYMKx.jpg

Much needed!!!

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
Clifford takes a bad penalty, Campbell makes a worse pass, and we're back to where we were against New York and Florida

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Stop.

Just stop.

I'll take Tucker over Campbell.

And I mean Tucker, right now, at 44.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
it will take more than 1 game to appreciate the big red dog but thought he was fine tonight...

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I hope he plays his game effectively, but he needs to play it smart. Penalties in the offensive zone aren't going to bring praise unless they save a goal.

He might not understand how fragile this team has been the last couple of weeks. It's his first game, the emotions are high. He has to appreciate that this is a playoff race that will come down to the wire, a goal one way or another can be the difference.

Other than the penalty he took, he looked fine for his first game. Once he gets his bearings, we should expect that he will be an effective player for us.

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
If TO is going to benefit from a player like Clifford then he needs to play in places beyond the 4th line, Colton Orr by another name is still Colton Orr. I noticed that TO was as usual being outhit tonite, maybe, in time Clifford might show the team that using the body/being physical is an option but I think his impact will be tiny. If TO is ever going to be physically prepared to meet physical teams a massive change of players would be necessary.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I'm good with adding a couple of Cup rings to the team. Obviously like that he plays with an edge. Hopefully it won't result in being shorthanded too many times though.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Bad penalty aside I thought he was good. He was looking for the big hit but if it wasn’t there he wouldn’t force the issue and let himself get caught behind the play. In comparison: I found that Matt marten was prone to finishing his check no matter what.
It’s good to see a mobile and thoughtful energy player.
He will be a huge boost to the team

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I appreciate some edge, but he took 2 needless penalties, one of which sent it to overtime and almost cost us the game. Not a good start, actually, IMO.

I guess I'm glad his presence will shut some people up around here, anyway.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I know Dubas told you he doesn’t buy into the idea of physicality making a difference.

And I know that Dubas has sold you on the idea of being faster and more skilled than anyone in the NHL.

And I know you look the other way when Dubas said he’s heard teams around the league saying that they can push the Leafs around.

But if Dubas can admit his mistake and bring back Matt Martin 2.0.... can’t you at least follow your leader?

Happy to have Cliffy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad