OT: The Off-Topic Thread XX: La fiesta española

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The election is over and its an off day today for the Flames so I thought I would post a couple of pics that I took while at Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah.

48945753836_51aa703012_k.jpg
48947314647_175221a3d3_k.jpg

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Nice. Rock on!

BTW, any idea what they call those rock formations in your pic in Utah? They kinda look like the hoodoos that we have here.
I think that's what they call them there... or at least that's what I've been calling them.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Yesterday (Sunday) I decided to take a drive out to Kananaskis to see if I could spot anything worth photographing. I think I hit the jackpot.
I'm not as close as it looks as I'm using my 150-600mm (I had it at 600mm) telephoto lens and even then I stayed in the jeep while taking pics.
Mama Grizzly and her two cubs. From the size of the cubs I have to assume they were born the spring of 2018.

*** Click on the image to view it in full size ***

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
webscrapin nhl.com and the flames are the first team to crash my program because they dont have an alt tag on their header's logo, very sad!

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Get the vaccine dude. Not sure how it works out West but here they have them at pretty well every pharmacy with a nurse to administer it. Easy and fast

I was supposed to go this Sunday and I totally forgot. I've been running around like a headless chicken and it'll continue all week, so I don't know if I'll get a chance to get it until the weekend.

Sometimes I get 2 flu shots just to be safe.

I suddenly have the Starcraft stim pack sound playing in my head.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Death Stranding is such as weird but amazingly fun game. I can barely even figure out why it's so fun. The majority of players excited about the game are all doing online side quest stuff, not main story line stuff. I think it took me like 6-7 hours to make it to the 5th city and from many reports, that means I'm not even at chapter 3 yet and there's 15+ chapters or something like that. There's plenty of people who are still on chapter 3 or 4 but have poured something like 40-60 hours into the game mostly doing stuff on the side and literally still having an amazing time the entire time.

I almost want to say, it's a cut-scene heavy game with game play that's akin to the thrills of the resource management that comes with a 5 hour hike + mine craft or something?

But it's so damn neat and refreshing! I really wish life wasn't as insanely busy so that I could play more! I also wish I had the hardware to max out the eye candy attributes of this game, but damn, it's still a damn impressive game with my current basic set up.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I drove to my cottage yesterday, plan is to stay 10 days. I need to work few days but I also have Monday-Wednesday off next week. Work related stress is at all time high but this should help

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I drove to my cottage yesterday, plan is to stay 10 days. I need to work few days but I also have Monday-Wednesday off next week. Work related stress is at all time high but this should help

Enjoy your trip!

Also you should change your name to Kahwi.

Reactions: Kahvi

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
It's like a non-stop flow of Christmas!!! Piles and piles of boxes showing up constantly this week for things I purchased for Black Friday and Cyber Monday!

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Almost 5 am and I am sitting here waiting for my VueJS server to start behaving itself so I can get some work done. Sleep is for the weak. lol

Trying to take advantage of the time before x-mas to get some leading edge stuff accomplished. My mission is to create a front end for the wordpress/drupal api's. Don't know if that sounds like fun for anybody but I am on hour 24 and I am still primed.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I dont have any holidays but at least we get 24th-26th off anyway. And next week its new year, and week after that Epiphany on Monday. So only 10 working days in the next 3 weeks

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad