OT: The Off-Topic Thread XX: La fiesta española

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I really disliked Mulcair as a candidate but I really like him as an analyst. Plus someone finally got him a properly fitted suit

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
NDP hold the balance of power... The Liberals need 170 votes to pass bills (156 Liberal seats + 25 NDP seats = 181 seats)

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
So with George Canyon losing, is he coming back to sing the anthems for the Flames?
I rather like the girl who's been singing since George left... plus she can sing both the Cdn and American anthems which apparently is not an option in LA.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Tonight I was able to extend an olive branch of solidarity to the Hfoilers board. It truly takes trying times for us to be (mostly) united together.

Whatever happens, tomorrow I'll wake up and still be apart of the greatest country on Earth. Even with our struggles and hate, I could never call anywhere else home, ever. Goodnight HF.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I'm blue da ba dee da ba die, if I were green I would die, da ba dee da ba die.

I'm not well represented by any party anyways, so I vote but I don't really care. I just hate certain parties less.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
So I play a variety of video games. I would just like to know what you enjoy and why! I play RPG, Shooter, Strategy, Leisure Suit Larry... I would like to know what games you play! I guess it's okay if it's a mind game you play on your significant... I'm sure they deserved it! What's a game you love!?

I'm a HUGE fan of Fallout 3 - NV - 4
Did I mention Leisure Suit Larry?
FTL
I like racing games but I want a wheel.
GTA
RDR - MY FAVORITE EVER! I've played it all the way through 3 times. However I'm stuck on 99% complete because of a glitch.
Metro
Orion: Prelude - It's a 1-2 dollar game that crashes a lot but you kill the dinosaurs so it's par for the course.

Anyway my game library is 174 strong... What do you like?

Also my Steam account is Corpus X. SHOCKING!

Last edited:
Reactions: super6646

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Might as well since the flames blow chunks rn.

Fallout NV is wayyyy better than 3 and 4. Anyone saying otherwise knows nothing about gaming. True to kaiser.

Finally finished the Witcher 3 recently. Purchased it almost 2 years ago for pc and could never find the time. Bought it originally at launch as well (on Xbox) and didn’t like it (eventually gave it to a friend), but gave it a second chance on my gaming laptop and I really enjoyed it.

Deus Ex is also in my backlog. Still haven’t finished human revolution after getting it on games for gold back in 2015... and I have mankind divided on both the xbox and pc.

Final point of the night, mass effect 2 is overrated af (still a good game, but 95 on metacritic good?), but it’s an incredible trilogy. I think I have half a dozen playthroughs through it. And despite its flaws, I actually enjoyed andromeda.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Might as well since the flames blow chunks rn.

Fallout NV is wayyyy better than 3 and 4. Anyone saying otherwise knows nothing about gaming. True to kaiser.
NO! FO3 was amazing! The world was so depressing and unforgiving! ... You know, like after an apocalypse! You can't make nuclear fallout fun. That's like having unwilling sex with your sister... Trust me.

I could get past the tutorial in Deus Ex... I could be inbred though.
I tried Mass Effect 1 but I took too long to get into it and I can't get past the graphics. Maybe one day I will be able to see past the graphics but for now that game is a fatty.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
NO! FO3 was amazing! The world was so depressing and unforgiving! ... You know, like after an apocalypse! You can't make nuclear fallout fun. That's like having unwilling sex with your sister... Trust me.

I could get past the tutorial in Deus Ex... I could be inbred though.
I tried Mass Effect 1 but I took too long to get into it and I can't get past the graphics. Maybe one day I will be able to see past the graphics but for now that game is a fatty.

Todd Howard is a poo poo caca writer and how dare you shit on mass effect 1? :eek:

If there is one edmontonian in this world that has my respect, it’s the voice actor of commander shepard. Now gtfo before I punch another reporter in the face. :D

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Todd Howard is a poo poo caca writer and how dare you **** on mass effect 1? :eek:

If there is one edmontonian in this world that has my respect, it’s the voice actor of commander shepard. Now gtfo before I punch another reporter in the face. :D
Sorry man, but I love those games. The problem with Bethesda is that 500 million isn't enough... They need to micro transact.

Last edited:
Reactions: super6646

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Sorry man, but I love those games. The problem with them is that 500 million isn't enough... They need to micro transact.

:laugh:. I’m guessing you must think EA and Activision are the best of the best given what I’ve heard from you so far... at least you didn’t give TW3 crap. I’d have to seriously consider ending our hf friendship if that was the case.

Just one more point before I head off to bed - I don’t necessarily have a hate for fallout 3 itself, and I actually enjoyed it the first time I played. Even with the outdated mechanics and meh graphics for its time, it was enjoyable for what it was. Playing fallout NV though made me realize just how poor of an rpg fallout 3 really is, and the writing and main story was just totally exposed as cookie-cutter nonsense (it was always a weakness from the start, but fallout nv just put it to shame).

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
:laugh:. I’m guessing you must think EA and Activision are the best of the best given what I’ve heard from you so far... at least you didn’t give TW3 crap. I’d have to seriously consider ending our hf friendship if that was the case.

Just one more point before I head off to bed - I don’t necessarily have a hate for fallout 3 itself, and I actually enjoyed it the first time I played. Even with the outdated mechanics and meh graphics for its time, it was enjoyable for what it was. Playing fallout NV though made me realize just how poor of an rpg fallout 3 really is, and the writing and main story was just totally exposed as cookie-cutter nonsense (it was always a weakness from the start, but fallout nv just put it to shame).
Don't you dare hold our relationship hostage! You beast!

Again, FO3 was so dystopian. That's what I loved about it. End of story. Now, go make me a sandwich then rub my feet.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
So I play a variety of video games. I would just like to know what you enjoy and why! I play RPG, Shooter, Strategy, Leisure Suit Larry... I would like to know what games you play! I guess it's okay if it's a mind game you play on your significant... I'm sure they deserved it! What's a game you love!?

I'm a HUGE fan of Fallout 3 - NV - 4
Did I mention Leisure Suit Larry?
FTL
I like racing games but I want a wheel.
GTA
RDR - MY FAVORITE EVER! I've played it all the way through 3 times. However I'm stuck on 99% complete because of a glitch.
Metro
Orion: Prelude - It's a 1-2 dollar game that crashes a lot but you kill the dinosaurs so it's par for the course.

Anyway my game library is 174 strong... What do you like?

Also my Steam account is Corpus X. SHOCKING!

Console pleb. I play occasionally and in a sort of feast vs famine type of approach.

Dead Space
Prey
The last of Us
Control
Alan Wake
The long dark (only game I ever bought for PC)
Dark Souls
Bloodborne
Sleeping Dogs
Yakuza
Life is Strange
Bioshock
Wolfenstein
Dead rising
Resident Evil

Backlog:
- Evil Within 2
- RE7
- GOW (never played any of them)
- Death Stranding
- Call of Cthulu
- Witcher 3

Other:
- Had the worst experience with FO on the PS3. Literally so glitchy to the point it was unplayable. Never got back into it.
- Never played RDR. I hear it's the same type of soul as Witcher.
- Mass effect Andromeda wasn't a bad game if you dropped the Mass effect expectations.
- Deus Ex is impossible to play on default controls. I too never made it past the tutorials until my buddy told me to change the controls to a setting that wasn't completely like playing with the controller upside down.
- I wasn't old enough to enjoy NOLF. I loved watching the game play though and I wish it becomes a series that gets rebooted.

I guess I'm more of a lone wolf, dark themed type gamer who also enjoys the occasional goofy styled game? I'm not huge into shooters anymore and I'm especially not really into PC gaming anymore for some odd reason.

I bought a Nintendo Switch and nabbed a few things for it, but I could never get into it somehow. I'd rather play a game on my phone.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Console pleb. I play occasionally and in a sort of feast vs famine type of approach.

Dead Space
Prey
The last of Us
Control
Alan Wake
The long dark (only game I ever bought for PC)
Dark Souls
Bloodborne
Sleeping Dogs
Yakuza
Life is Strange
Bioshock
Wolfenstein
Dead rising
Resident Evil

Backlog:
- Evil Within 2
- RE7
- GOW (never played any of them)
- Death Stranding
- Call of Cthulu
- Witcher 3

Other:
- Had the worst experience with FO on the PS3. Literally so glitchy to the point it was unplayable. Never got back into it.
- Never played RDR. I hear it's the same type of soul as Witcher.
- Mass effect Andromeda wasn't a bad game if you dropped the Mass effect expectations.
- Deus Ex is impossible to play on default controls. I too never made it past the tutorials until my buddy told me to change the controls to a setting that wasn't completely like playing with the controller upside down.
- I wasn't old enough to enjoy NOLF. I loved watching the game play though and I wish it becomes a series that gets rebooted.

I guess I'm more of a lone wolf, dark themed type gamer who also enjoys the occasional goofy styled game? I'm not huge into shooters anymore and I'm especially not really into PC gaming anymore for some odd reason.

I bought a Nintendo Switch and nabbed a few things for it, but I could never get into it somehow. I'd rather play a game on my phone.

Never buy a Bethesda game for console... Too many mods with bewbies. (This is important)
I have such a hard time with horror games. Movies are hard enough but horror games; when I'm in control!!!!? I didn't make it past the tut on Dead Space.
Just started on The Witcher 3 this evening but I'm looking after the pops for a week... The cut scenes took 30 mins before the game even started! I had to put it down. I hope I like the bewbies.
I got Alan Wake on Epic for free. NOPE!!!! To scared. I'm a little bitch.
Loved Bioshock 3 ... Almost as much as I love @super6646 ... But with super6646 it's purely sexual.
Another game i forgot is Portal. OMG I love those 2 games... Never have I fallen in love with a sociopathic female before... No, wait... I did fall in love with one. She destroyed my life...
I remember back in 2001ish I played Return to Castle Wolfenstien. I was a young lad... I didn't get past the zombies coming out of the walls in level 3(?). I'm trying to play Wolfenstien but I'm stuck at the scary part where the big metal dog kills me... Every time.
I'm also a single player gamer, but I did enjoy Borderlands 2!

Last edited:

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Don't you dare hold our relationship hostage! You beast!

Again, FO3 was so dystopian. That's what I loved about it. End of story. Now, go make me a sandwich then rub my feet.

Oh my... someone is showing a little tough love. I like that ;)

Last edited:

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I haven’t gamed on PC or console in a few years but I did grab the mobile version of civ6 when I saw it came out. I’ve always been a huge fan of the series and I have to say it’s very well done. Brings back memories

The multiplayer needs tweaking though

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Never buy a Bethesda game for console... Too many mods with bewbies. (This is important)
I have such a hard time with horror games. Movies are hard enough but horror games; when I'm in control!!!!? I didn't make it past the tut on Dead Space.
Just started on The Witcher 3 this evening but I'm looking after the pops for a week... The cut scenes took 30 mins before the game even started! I had to put it down. I hope I like the bewbies.
I got Alan Wake on Epic for free. NOPE!!!! To scared. I'm a little *****.
Loved Bioshock 3 ... Almost as much as I love @super6646 ... But with super6646 it's purely sexual.
Another game i forgot is Portal. OMG I love those 2 games... Never have I fallen in love with a sociopathic female before... No, wait... I did fall in love with one. She destroyed my life...
I remember back in 2001ish I played Return to Castle Wolfenstien. I was a young lad... I didn't get past the zombies coming out of the walls in level 3(?). I'm trying to play Wolfenstien but I'm stuck at the scary part where the big metal dog kills me... Every time.
I'm also a single player gamer, but I did enjoy Borderlands 2!

Sounds like you need more of these titles in your life:
- Catherine
- Soul Calibre
- DOA beach volleyball

I haven’t gamed on PC or console in a few years but I did grab the mobile version of civ6 when I saw it came out. I’ve always been a huge fan of the series and I have to say it’s very well done. Brings back memories

The multiplayer needs tweaking though

In that genre range, I hear Stardew Valley is the game to get addicted on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad