OT: The Off-Topic Thread XX: La fiesta española

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
@Franson Discord won't let me reply to you, says:

ClydeBOTToday at 23:48

Your message could not be delivered because you don't share a server with the recipient or you disabled direct messages on your shared server, recipient is only accepting direct messages from friends, or you were blocked by the recipient.
Only you can see this — delete this message.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
@Franson Discord won't let me reply to you, says:

ClydeBOTToday at 23:48

Your message could not be delivered because you don't share a server with the recipient or you disabled direct messages on your shared server, recipient is only accepting direct messages from friends, or you were blocked by the recipient.
Only you can see this — delete this message.
Ill come back to the server if I can get a DM'd invite

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Sitting waiting for my fourth surgery in 16 months. Sitting here surfing the boards trying to pass time.. got to love how timely our medical system is.

The good looking nurse is in recovery so they need to hurry.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Sitting waiting for my fourth surgery in 16 months. Sitting here surfing the boards trying to pass time.. got to love how timely our medical system is.

The good looking nurse is in recovery so they need to hurry.

I just came back from getting x-rays. First day back from a long weekend and the place was packed. Everyone was sitting around talking about how they got injured like it was a support group :laugh:

There was also a good looking nurse operating one of the x-ray machines there too. :nod:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I just came back from getting x-rays. First day back from a long weekend and the place was packed. Everyone was sitting around talking about how they got injured like it was a support group :laugh:

There was also a good looking nurse operating one of the x-ray machines there too. :nod:
just a regular follow-up I hope UC

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016

Having been there I can empathize with your situation. I had the hardware on my tibia removed (which was a collection of sheered of and broken screws with 4 plates that were for the most part floating around and cutting into tissue. Now that that is done I am hoping some sense of normality returns to my life.

Congratulations on being cleared for physio... Hopefully that is the first of many steps to getting back to your lifestyle.

I like your support group analogy because almost every appointment I have had echos similar experiences. Honestly when you are looking over at someone with a worse situation that is a better example of how to deal with the trials and tribulations of injury it really causes you to look at how you can be better.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I like your support group analogy because almost every appointment I have had echos similar experiences. Honestly when you are looking over at someone with a worse situation that is a better example of how to deal with the trials and tribulations of injury it really causes you to look at how you can be better.

One guy was wheeled in with two broken legs and who knows what else (he said something was up with his back too). He fell down four storeys and he kept talking about working in the construction industry so we all assumed it was a work related mishap. Turns out he was out drinking with the boys and one thing led to another and he fell off the roof of a building :laugh: I felt bad for his injury but I couldn't help but laugh at how he got there. I think he was pretty embarrassed cause he didn't come out and say it for the longest time haha

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Guys? I have a confession to make. Last night I got completely wasted, one thing led to another and I fell off of the roof of a building. Now I have 2 broken legs and something was up with my back. So embarrassing..

I'm imagining Lindholm saying this while making the face that he's making in your user pic and it is glorious.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Well day after surgery and I was bored so I started playing around with the NHL API to create my own little fan area for myself. The stats game scores standings Calgary's historical leaders blah blah blah. Going to try and find some historical photos and articles going back to the early 80's I think if I can get permission from the Sun / Herald and 2/7. Would like to get some old Ed, Grant Pollock, Mike Toth and Lownsbrough...

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Well day after surgery and I was bored so I started playing around with the NHL API to create my own little fan area for myself. The stats game scores standings Calgary's historical leaders blah blah blah. Going to try and find some historical photos and articles going back to the early 80's I think if I can get permission from the Sun / Herald and 2/7. Would like to get some old Ed, Grant Pollock, Mike Toth and Lownsbrough...

Yeah I was playing around with that a few months back. The amount of data they're tracking is staggering! Just imagine what else we'll get when they start tracking puck and player movement.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Yeah I was playing around with that a few months back. The amount of data they're tracking is staggering! Just imagine what else we'll get when they start tracking puck and player movement.

It would be interesting to be able to see the player movement. Prospects being compared against the data. Essentially what separates stars from the rest.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Does anyone have a Vizio TV? I'm considering getting one, but I'm only familiar with their audio products personally (love my sound bar).

If you have one or have had one of their TVs, what did you think?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Does anyone have a Vizio TV? I'm considering getting one, but I'm only familiar with their audio products personally (love my sound bar).

If you have one or have had one of their TVs, what did you think?

I have a tiny one in my kitchen. It was by far the cheapest of its size in 1080p, and I had zero flexibility in terms of size. It works, but it takes forever to turn on, and after it turns on, there is a delay before you can adjust the volume. Can be a real pain sometimes.

Also, there is noticeable blur while watching sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad