OT: The Off-Topic Thread XX: La fiesta española

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I've had nothing but negative experienced with Wild Wings, but that's mostly due to the service at the one here in Winnipeg.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I'm in California with family... in Anaheim... love the place, but would love to burn down the Ducks' building.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Have any of you ever looked at Brad Treliving's stats from when he was a player back in the 90s? Guy was a complete goon :laugh:

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
So in the last two years, I've gone and watched two baseball games in two different cities and I've made the jumbotron both times. They also both happened to be against the Yankees and they've beaten the home team each time. I don't even like baseball so why can't I have this kind of record when watching the Flames on the road? :laugh:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
So in the last two years, I've gone and watched two baseball games in two different cities and I've made the jumbotron both times. They also both happened to be against the Yankees and they've beaten the home team each time. I don't even like baseball so why can't I have this kind of record when watching the Flames on the road? :laugh:

It's a sign, you need to become a fan!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Not knowing anything about the Red Sox or their fans, what makes you say that? :laugh:
They are loyal, stand by a losing team long term, that's really all I got. Lazar Beams is a Red Sox fan.

I'd say what I think of Yankee fans, but I'm not sure my language would be suitable for HF or that anyone could understand what I am saying through all the astrixs

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
They are loyal, stand by a losing team long term, that's really all I got. Lazar Beams is a Red Sox fan.

I'd say what I think of Yankee fans, but I'm not sure my language would be suitable for HF or that anyone could understand what I am saying through all the astrixs

The best experience I ever had was when I went down to watch some spring training in Florida in 2013 (they were putrid in 2012) and I had my Red Sox hat on. So after the game (they had just lost) was in the parking lot this old dude who could barely walk came up to me and asked if I was a fan after last season, and I said yes.
His face completely lit up and he shook my hand with such vigor. We chatted about the game, and the team, and he guaranteed they'd be back in the playoffs that year. I humoured him, being leery of all the changes they had made in the offseason... turns out he wound up being right.

Baseball is awesome for that kind of thing.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The best experience I ever had was when I went down to watch some spring training in Florida in 2013 (they were putrid in 2012) and I had my Red Sox hat on. So after the game (they had just lost) was in the parking lot this old dude who could barely walk came up to me and asked if I was a fan after last season, and I said yes.
His face completely lit up and he shook my hand with such vigor. We chatted about the game, and the team, and he guaranteed they'd be back in the playoffs that year. I humoured him, being leery of all the changes they had made in the offseason... turns out he wound up being right.
I still feel that being a Sox fan is your greatest flaw

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I need a laptop for school, do I get a mac or windows?

Well generally, MAC's are easy to use and sync nicely with other Apple devices, and they cost a lot, with Windows you have a lot of options between different manufacturers. Really difficult to say, depends what you use it for and what are the constraints and what you value (price, screen size, weight etc.)

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
If you're looking for something for lightweight use like school work, web browsing, and some video streaming I would also suggest looking at some Chromebooks too if you're on a budget.

I didn't want to bring my laptop with me on my vacation just in case it got stolen or whatever but I have maps, points of interests, and schedules on my Google account and I hate browsing on mobile devices so I bought a small Chromebook. I was actually really impressed with how well it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad