OT: The Off-Topic Thread XX: La fiesta española

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The last few days I've been putting up Christmas lights outside. Today I decorated a big old birdhouse that sits on top of a 6 ft post.

I wasn't expecting it to look like ..... Uhhh... a mushroom once it got dark and the lights turned on. LOL.

IMG_20181206_182504.jpg

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Anyone read these? I could buy these from local store. I've started reading again so any recommedations for Flames related books are welcome
  • The Battle of Alberta: The Historic Rivalry Between the Edmonton Oilers and the Calgary Flames by Mark Spector
  • If These Walls Could Talk: Calgary Flames by George Johnson
Fleury's book is on my list but currently sold out here. I know I can get a lot of stuff from Amazon but I need to pile up a bigger order, the ones above are around $10-$15 with another $15 for shipping even if it's just one book.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Anyone read these? I could buy these from local store. I've started reading again so any recommedations for Flames related books are welcome
  • The Battle of Alberta: The Historic Rivalry Between the Edmonton Oilers and the Calgary Flames by Mark Spector
  • If These Walls Could Talk: Calgary Flames by George Johnson
Fleury's book is on my list but currently sold out here. I know I can get a lot of stuff from Amazon but I need to pile up a bigger order, the ones above are around $10-$15 with another $15 for shipping even if it's just one book.

I haven't read any of those books, but the idea of giving Mark Spector any money turns me off. Maybe I'll go sign it out at the library or something.

Too bad you didn't pick up Fleury's book while you were here. You probably could have found an autographed copy.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Greetings from 2019

Not much has changed from 2018. Flames are still leading Pacific division, and Oilers are a joke of a franchise

Hyvää Uutta Vuotta! Thanks for scoping out 2019 for us.

Reactions: Kahvi

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I just spent 90min in a face-to-face interview for a new job. Second round of interviews, in english with the CEO since the company is not Finnish. All looking good, I could almost make a bet that I'll sign a new contract by Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad