OT: The Off Topic Thread Part IV: Monkey Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I only have 2. I want to get another jersey, but not the awful 3rd jersey.

I am waiting until I see another established player on the Flames. Really want to get a Gaudreau jersey, but I am waiting until he plays on the Flames full time.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I have a Flyers jersey from when I was really young. Has #5 and my last name on the back. Used to wear that at Lake Bonavista a lot. And I have my signed Iggy jersey. I'm going to get a new one for the rebuilt Flames, but I'm waiting for a while until I settle on a player. Hopefully Byron lands that big-money deal soon. :naughty:

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
As far as Flames jerseys:

2003-2007 Kipper home jersey
2007-present home jersey signed by Iggy
2011 Tanguay Heritage Classic jersey
Black practice jersey
2009-2013 Conroy third/throwback jersey

I really need to add some away jerseys to the collection.

I also have:
Kings Doughty Home
Avs Sakic Away
Bruins Seguin Home
Penguins Iggy Home

Current want list:
- current Phoenix/Arizona Coyotes away to commemorate me watching a live game there. They had tons of home jerseys at the arena but I like the away ones better.
- current Dallas Stars home
- 2014 Datsyuk Winter Classic

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Keep+this+close+to+your+heart+and+think+of+me+_ce5df3fc94a8f036f221c37c6cba0199.jpg

Sorry to hear that, II. Remember that sometimes things have to fall apart to make way for better things. :)

537410_150883858396635_1605539025_n.jpg

Sorry to hear, man. Knowing the silver lining that there is something better for you to come is good, though. :nod:

Sorry to hear that man. Best of luck.

And if you ever need to get your mind off things, you could always finish our avatars (haha I'm just kidding man).

Wow, that's crazy II! I'm really sorry you're having to go through this. You are upset because you are a good guy and cared a lot about the relationship you were in. You'll probably always care about her to some extent, but as each day passes you will learn to deal with it a little easier. I think you did the right thing despite it being the hard thing and when you second guess yourself in the next couple of weeks, always remember exactly how you felt in the moments you were hurt in the relationship to stay strong and move forward. Hopefully you are on good terms with her, and you may not care right now but there are literally thousands of girls in the city so you will have no problem finding another one when the time is right.

Dang I'm sorry bro, try and do things right now that make you happy. Keep your head up, it's gonna get easier and remember the sun always comes up tomorrow.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh man, that had me in tears.

II, real sorry to hear about that, but it may be in the best interest for both of you. Really sorry to hear about that.

If you need someone to talk to feel free to send me a private message. I went through a breakup with my fiance less than a year ago and can likely relate to what you're dealing with. I might act like an ass, but I am actually a decent listener, but I warn you that if you cry I am telling everyone :sarcasm:

Thanks for the kind words guys, ill take them to heart.

@Johnny Hoxville, yeah we're on good terms it was pretty amicable to be honest. Hopefully it will stay that way. I think its probably whats best for both of us, but yeah, the doubts and 'what if's' are really whats doing my head in at the moment. It'll just take time.

@AF Thanks, I may take you up on that offer.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Thanks for the kind words guys, ill take them to heart.

@Johnny Hoxville, yeah we're on good terms it was pretty amicable to be honest. Hopefully it will stay that way. I think its probably whats best for both of us, but yeah, the doubts and 'what if's' are really whats doing my head in at the moment. It'll just take time

The "doubts" and "what ifs" are the worst, because when something is ended you tend to reflect and remember the good times and ask yourself "was it really that bad"? Just tell yourself, yes it was lol. I tend to always try and think positive, but in the event of a breakup you need to be real about things and be brutally honest with yourself about why you are here and why did you initiate things to end. You don't need to totally close the door on the situation, but for this chapter of your life the best thing for you likely is to focus on how to move forward.

Breakups blow big time, and that's why it's good to get some outside perspective, usually a person is so married to things and they cannot see clearly or act as they normally would otherwise. With each passing day I bet you will feel better about your decision.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Lolol... Edmonton fans make me laugh every day.

Should I feel bad that they are so excited at how great their team is in the offseason, only to just watch them crumble during the season?

Long live Lowe.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009

Should I feel bad that they are so excited at how great their team is in the offseason, only to just watch them crumble during the season?

Long live Lowe.

If you think this is bad, just wait. The pissing match will get worse and the thread will be locked at around the 250-400 post mark.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
As far as Flames jerseys:

2003-2007 Kipper home jersey
2007-present home jersey signed by Iggy
2011 Tanguay Heritage Classic jersey
Black practice jersey
2009-2013 Conroy third/throwback jersey

I really need to add some away jerseys to the collection.

I also have:
Kings Doughty Home
Avs Sakic Away
Bruins Seguin Home
Penguins Iggy Home

Current want list:
- current Phoenix/Arizona Coyotes away to commemorate me watching a live game there. They had tons of home jerseys at the arena but I like the away ones better.
- current Dallas Stars home
- 2014 Datsyuk Winter Classic

Have to ask, why do you want to buy away jerseys? It's not like you'll wear a Flames away jersey to a home or even an away game. Or do you just like to collect them?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
If you think this is bad, just wait. The pissing match will get worse and the thread will be locked at around the 250-400 post mark.

I liked the guy who said it was Hall, Eberle, Perron, Nuge vs. Poirier, Klimchuk, Gaudreau, Baertschi. Because Backlund, Colborne, Monahan and Bennett don't exist, I guess. :laugh:

May 27, 2012
Earth

Long live Lowe.

I guess. MacTavish is not a horrible nor a great gm. Edmonton did improve however through the season and the offseason. They overpaid a couple of people and two of them were dmen they needed in Nikitin and Fayne. They're top 9 is actually really good, all they lack is a number second line C that they can get somewhat easily compared to a true #1 defenceman and goalie.

Just as every team fanbase , everyone is excited about the upcoming season. Oilers fans can be happy if they want. They might be closer this year to playoffs, we will see. I don't want them to succeed, but instead of blind hate for them lo, I am going to have an open mind about it, arguing gets you nowhere. They are well on their way.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
It's good for the Oilers organization that their fans have such short memories. It was just a few months ago when fans were putting up anti-Kevin Lowe billboards, wearing paperbags to games, tossing jerseys onto the ice, and angrily ranting on the radio, newspapers, tv, etc.

All of a sudden they think they are playoff contenders with almost the same team? I mean I love our team but I'm not so delusional to think we'll be playoff bound anytime soon.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
I guess. MacTavish is not a horrible nor a great gm. Edmonton did improve however through the season and the offseason. They overpaid a couple of people and two of them were dmen they needed in Nikitin and Fayne. They're top 9 is actually really good, all they lack is a number second line C that they can get somewhat easily compared to a true #1 defenceman and goalie.

Just as every team fanbase , everyone is excited about the upcoming season. Oilers fans can be happy if they want. They might be closer this year to playoffs, we will see. I don't want them to succeed, but instead of blind hate for them lo, I am going to have an open mind about it, arguing gets you nowhere. They are well on their way.

Agreed. I just posted in that thread, giving MacT credit for doing what he can with the situation he's in. I don't think he's doing a great job that some Oiler fans may say he is, but he's doing well enough considering who is surrounded by (Lowe, Katz, Eakins). I'm not going to let blind homerism get in the way of my admitting that I think Edmonton is much improved since MacTavish took over as GM.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA

They are a decent team, but you will not get anywhere with Lowe, MacT and Eakins.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
I liked the guy who said it was Hall, Eberle, Perron, Nuge vs. Poirier, Klimchuk, Gaudreau, Baertschi. Because Backlund, Colborne, Monahan and Bennett don't exist, I guess. :laugh:

Such a dumb argument :laugh:

Players from 5 years ago during their rebuild being compared to 1st year players. No wonder they have a better top 6.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
So glad that football season is starting... Just MLB has been getting hold, and pretty boring since the Jays are pretty much out of the playoff race (yet again) with another mediocre season.

Any of you interested in doing a friendly fantasy football league on nfl.com?

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
So glad that football season is starting... Just MLB has been getting hold, and pretty boring since the Jays are pretty much out of the playoff race (yet again) with another mediocre season.

Any of you interested in doing a friendly fantasy football league on nfl.com?

Not this year. Did it last year or the year before though.. don't know enough about the nfl.

Anyone a big nba fan here?

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
I wish they would let the flame wars with oilers fans go on instead of locking the threads. I always love reading oilers fans posting their excitement while belittling rival fans. I remember last offseason an oilers fan was saying that flames fans should no longer argue with them because their team is on another level (he said the Canucks level to be exact).

It's really my 2nd favourite thing to watch after our "young guns", the annual crash and burn. I honestly spend more time lurking on the oilers board come midway through the season than on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->