OT: The Off Topic Thread Part IV: Monkey Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
I agreed to a bet that if Winnipeg finishes ahead of Calgary in 2014/15, I have to use an avatar of his choice until the start of 2015/16. And vice versa.

BacklundtoBartschi*

I take risks m'kay. Plus they have Pavelec in net, I could win. :laugh:

Pavelec is holding Winnipeg down. Honestly they needed Hiller more than we did.

We have the best player on either team (Giordano), but other than that, they have deeper forwards and a better defence.

Anyways, when will these Monkey icons start to be created?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

:laugh: You've gone full stalk?

In other news, my hockey league started tonight. Guess what number I managed to pick up? That's right, none other than thirty-****ing-two. The same number as all-world left-winger Lord Paul mother****ing Byron.

So naturally I kicked off the season with a goal and an assist. Also had a breakaway where I tried to go backhand but lost control and a two on one where I managed to shoot it off the top of the goalie's glove going top cheddar. But when you're Paul mother****ing Byron, you don't need stats, because you work your bag off and make everyone around you better. We won 10-4 as a result.

My new stick is awesome. Best $35 I ever spent (it was 65% off).

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I wish I played hockey. But I can barely skate. :laugh:
well then get on the ice and start practicing!!!

Honestly, it just takes a bit of time, but that's about it. anyone can skate if they really want to.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I played when I was a little kid like 4-9 and then didn't skate for almost 10 years, thought for sure I'd forgotten how. Came back to me my very first shift of rec hockey though :D

Had to learn to skate backwards again though :laugh:

DBU, anyone can learn it! You should get out there and start playing. It'll make you an even bigger hockey fan.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Guys, I'm still pretty stoked about getting #32 on the day Byron signed. I'm more stoked about #32 than the garbage goal I poked in, which says something because it's the fourth goal I've ever scored in my life.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I played when I was a little kid like 4-9 and then didn't skate for almost 10 years, thought for sure I'd forgotten how. Came back to me my very first shift of rec hockey though :D

Had to learn to skate backwards again though :laugh:

DBU, anyone can learn it! You should get out there and start playing. It'll make you an even bigger hockey fan.

I definitely should. Right now I just play ball hockey but I think it would be awesome to actually learn to skate and play on the ice too. I feel like I'm missing out!!

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
That's David Hale territory!

1343570703408.gif

May 27, 2012
Earth
Since the 2nd week of December for shinny hockey I will be hitting the ice a 2nd time tomorrow since my last concussion in November. It is going to be rough, been working out since the beginning of April. Put on some muscle/fat. Haven't worked for the last two weeks, been slacking.

Tomorrow will be interesting.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Since the 2nd week of December for shinny hockey I will be hitting the ice a 2nd time tomorrow since my last concussion in November. It is going to be rough, been working out since the beginning of April. Put on some muscle/fat. Haven't worked for the last two weeks, been slacking.

Tomorrow will be interesting.

Just came back from hockey. I was dead the first 10 minutes. I guess 7 months not being on the ice can do that to you. Also waking up 30 mins before I had to be on the ice and not eating something. Worse feeling ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad