Online Series: The OA

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Yeah but that just goes to show she was looking for ideas for her story. Also when she vanished it was from a station where she was playing her violin. But later we see the case in her closet. From Reddit I saw that one of those books was published during the time of her disappearance so she could not have owned them before. They were also in an Amazon shipping box. A relatively new thing.

But she had to find Homer. It was very specific. It's not like she was on YouTube and searched for NDE's. She was looking specifically for Homer.

Is it possible that wherever she disappeared to she heard that story in passing? Yeah, I suppose.

Good point about the Violin and the books though.

But then there's the whole theory that:

[spoil]the books were planted[/spoil]

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
But she had to find Homer. It was very specific. It's not like she was on YouTube and searched for NDE's. She was looking specifically for Homer.

Is it possible that wherever she disappeared to she heard that story in passing? Yeah, I suppose.

Good point about the Violin and the books though.

But then there's the whole theory that:

[spoil]the books were planted[/spoil]

[Spoil]Of course she never previously owned those books, being blind and all.

And there would be something they could find when searching to validate her story about the other doctor hap killed in the hospital with his own captives. [/Spoil]

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
I loved the story she was telling. Really get caught up in it. Sort of reminded me of Room for the first half of the season.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
The ending to this literally had me :laugh: hard. It was an alright watch though overall.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
I enjoyed it quite a bit, I'd say it's right up there with Stranger Things as best Netflix original show.

Part of her story was bs. They made a great point of showing the boys researching her stuff but not being able to find anything except for the bus crash which obviously happened. I do think she has the ability to come back from the dead though.

There's also a Youtube video of her playing the violin in the subway so that part true. So she probably did meet someone in the subway who kidnapped her and did horrible stuff to her for 7 years until she managed to escape, but what really happened might be what season 2 is all about.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I finished this last night, it had ups and downs. I didn't think the writing or dialogue was really that strong and there were some questions that i had that really dont make sense.

Not sure i fully understand what i saw

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I binge watched all eight episodes pretty quickly.

I’m gonna have to wait a little and process it and also research some stuff I was confused about. This didn’t feel like the same show as Season 1.

I just finished. Def a lot to process. Overall I enjoyed it. I did not expect a 2nd season nor did I think there needed to be one. I am glad there was though.

Reactions: Rhaegar Targaryen

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Season 2 of this show is the most fun I've had watching a show since The Leftovers ended. It's not for everyone but as far as I'm concerned it is close to a masterpiece. I was unsure about the show after it took 2.5 years for Season 2 to come out after Season 1 but it's worth the wait. I really hope there's a Season 3.

That Octupus scene!

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Season 2 of this show is the most fun I've had watching a show since The Leftovers ended. It's not for everyone but as far as I'm concerned it is close to a masterpiece. I was unsure about the show after it took 2.5 years for Season 2 to come out after Season 1 but it's worth the wait. I really hope there's a Season 3.

That Octupus scene!

They have a five season plan for the show and have been operating under the assumption they will be able to fully express their creative ideas over five seasons. I really hope Season 3 isn't a 2.5 year wait again, though.

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
So its supposed to be obvious that the black guy is her brother right?

Old Night tells OA that in every dimension her brother shows up to save her and then she asks him if he will save her in this current dimension and Old Night says we will see then starts choking her.

Her brother kills Old Night, thus saving her

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
They have a five season plan for the show and have been operating under the assumption they will be able to fully express their creative ideas over five seasons. I really hope Season 3 isn't a 2.5 year wait again, though.
Really? I enjoyed season 1, but it felt very self-contained. A season 2 felt forced to me and wasn't planning on watching it, but hearing the positive reviews and knowing this is going to make re-evaluate that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->