The North London thread: Tottenham vs Arsenal

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
This is Evilo's point - which I find to be a very poor one.

There are degrees of things. I don't think any billionaire should own a football club, but I would separate between the owners of Spurs (that I know better than the owner of Arsenal, Utd, Liverpool etc.) and the owners of PSG, City and Chelsea. So saying that the owner of Spurs might not be all that (or Evilo's argument that Utd got "unethical" money due to their sponsorship agreement with Chevrolet) doesn't mean it is a lesser evil than the three worst ones (at least the worst among the high profiled owners). It seems like you are making the point that don't criticize City because the others are bad too. Very strange way of reasoning in my opinion.

Nope, I'm saying they all are ruthless, disgusting people who all should be criticized. Just look at my track record, I've criticized city/psg as much as anyone. What's strange is the argument that there are worse owners. Waltons are just as bad any foreign owner.

Anyway - a discussion for another thread. I think Arsenal got a better owner than PSG, City and Chelsea. I don't know why people disagree to that, but I recognize they do. And they probably don't understand how I can separate between them - a point I can't really explain much better than I have tried to do.

They only have better owners because they're American. Others two peas in a pod.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Henry-Bergkamp
Pires-Silva-Vieira-Ljunberg
Cole-Campbell-Toure-Lauren
Lehmann

None of the Spurs players in their history get in that team.

Reactions: AB13

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Klinsmann - Lineker
Berbatov
Henry - Gascoigne - Hoddle - Greaves
Vieira
Campbell-Adams
Jennings

Note: Generally I don't like defenders or defensive teams...

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Good list, but Spurs should be below City, Villa and Blackburn just looking at trophies.
Lets not discredit Spurs entirely, though they've been down there in the relegation battle for a couple of seasons in the past, their consistency in top flight football should be given enough to be a top ten team in England. No shame in saying that.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Arsenal once again finish ahead of Spurs this season. St.Totteringham's day will be on Saturday, April 25 when the Gunner beat the Spuds in their own barn.

Reactions: AB13

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
With the Audi Cup victory, Poch now has a trophy. Since the knock on him is that he doesn't win and possesses NO trophies, I assume this criticism, which I have no doubt has always been offered in good faith from knowledgeable people and has in no way ever been flung about in an arbitrary and overly simplistic way, will now be removed from discussion. Right?

Seems pretty simple to me -- man with no trophy, obtains trophy. So end of story, right? Is he a good manager now? I mean I had my personal doubts over the past few years because even though I saw the team win under him, none of those wins came with a nice silver or gold or wood trinket so I was never really sure, you know? But now that he has physical proof of victory that he can put on his mantle or in a nice glass case, well now I know for sure that he's good. No need to worry about trophy-less achievements like staying in the top four or advancing in the CL. This season's already a success. Trophy obtained. Let's hit cruise control and bask in all the glory of having something we can carry to parties.

#COYS

Reactions: Cassano

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
All time XI

Seaman

Dixon - Adams - Campbell - Winterburn

Ljungberg - Brady - Vieira - Pires

Bergkamp - Henry

Bench:

Pat Jennings
David O’Leary
Pat Rice
Gilberto
Ray Parlour / Marc Overmars
John Radford
Cliff Bastin

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I would just like us to win the league at Spurs new stadium too. It's starting to be a little bit boring singing about how we won the league at White Hart Lane. Eh, who am i trying to fool here? It's still just as hilarious!

Did i just started a beef now?

We have clinched more league titles at Sh*te Hart Lane than Sp*rs which is pretty fun.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Or like defending in general with that line-up.

Well, Ajacied did ask for entertainment, this line-up should provide that at both ends :) And it's definitely a side to be managed by a usual adventurous Spurs manager like Ardiles than a typical boring boring Arsenal manager like Graham.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Well, Ajacied did ask for entertainment, this line-up should provide that at both ends :) And it's definitely a side to be managed by a usual adventurous Spurs manager like Ardiles than a typical boring boring Arsenal manager like Graham.

If you want to win, pick Wenger or any Arsenal manager, Arsenal
have won titles. If you don’t, pick a Spurs manager. No Spurs player except Sol Campbell and Pat Jennings who both have played for Arsenal too come close to the starting 11 or even bench in a combined team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->