The No 1's on the ice at the same time

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
They all scored in the same game I believe

As for ice time I dont think so. I think theyve only be healthy together for first 10 games of this year

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I think the combination of lowest draft picks on a line we've regularly seen is:
  • Hall(1)-RNH(1)-Draisaitl(3)
  • Pouliot(4)-McDavid(1)-Yakupov(1)
  • Hall(1)-Draisaitl(3)-Yakupov(1)
Perhaps other top draft pick line combinations have been used; however, they did not last for more than a game or two. I fail to recall a situation where Hall-(McDavid/RNH)-Yakupov were played as a line or all four were played on the PP.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I think they may have all been out there with six attackers on the ice a couple times. Specifically I'm thinking of the LA game where McDavid scored and it was called back. Though maybe that was Eberle instead of Yak, not sure.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

heh, I think this is an age selected response as I thought the same thing. But then some people care able allstar games, (typically younger people) and its a thing for some demographic. Maybe the same that go getting autographs, I dunno.

To me it doesn't matter.

From a purist standpoint good teams put pairs together. They don't put all their cookies in one basket. Stupid to do that from a shutdown pov.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I think they may have all been out there with six attackers on the ice a couple times. Specifically I'm thinking of the LA game where McDavid scored and it was called back. Though maybe that was Eberle instead of Yak, not sure.

Used to be able to check on NHL site which had game stats including who was on the ice for any goal and also shift charts. Now with the new NHL site config I can't find any of that.

I think Yak was exclusively on the other PP unit. Typically its Eberle with that unit.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
heh, I think this is an age selected response as I thought the same thing. But then some people care able allstar games, (typically younger people) and its a thing for some demographic. Maybe the same that go getting autographs, I dunno.

To me it doesn't matter.

From a purist standpoint good teams put pairs together. They don't put all their cookies in one basket. Stupid to do that from a shutdown pov.

There is also the "fun fact" interest from a trivia fan like myself. For example, when Iginla played briefly on the PP with Crosby and Malkin in the 2013 playoffs and Crosby scored a goal with the other two getting assists I wondered if three Hart/Lindsay award winners (not future winners) had ever all contributed to a goal before. I think it took looking back to the '60s Canadiens (Believeau/Richard/Geoffrion) to find when a similar situation could have occurred.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad