OT: The nightmares of Peddie's dream job (Video)

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Is this guy serious? He blames everyone else and then says he should have meddled? Then he asks for pity? :laugh:

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Wow, glad this guy is gone after watching this.

So when the V Carter trade was presented to him he rightfully thought "damn, that's a **** trade" but let the GM go ahead with it because he was scared to be labelled a meddler?

Also, sounds like he regrets a LOT of decisions that he made. That means you were bad at your job Peddie!

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
Financially, he couldn't fail having a monopoly on hockey and basketball in the largest city in Canada. Competitively he failed royally. I say his worst move was hiring John Ferguson Jr. The guy was in over his head. And if I have to read the myth that Ferguson was a great amateur scout again I think my head might explode. Ferguson was an amateur scout for just a few years in the 1990's for Ottawa finding zero players for them. Now he's a pro scout.

cujoflutie

Financially, he couldn't fail having a monopoly on hockey and basketball in the largest city in Canada. Competitively he failed royally. I say his worst move was hiring John Ferguson Jr. The guy was in over his head. And if I have to read the myth that Ferguson was a great amateur scout again I think my head might explode. Ferguson was an amateur scout for just a few years in the 1990's for Ottawa finding zero players for them. Now he's a pro scout.

As bad as JFJ was, he wanted to blow the team up after the lockout and Peddie wouldn't let him. I remember him appearing on OTR after JFJ was fired saying Ferguson presented him with a 1 year plan to make the playoffs and that kept him his job. What a loon.

crazyaces**

I thought this was interesting ... don't care for the individual, but insightful know what was going on behind the scenes - worth watching!

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Peddie ruined MLSE. He was the worst thing to come to this city since Mel Lastman. The puppeteer act with Fletcher was absolutely disgusting.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I don't hold much against Peddie he hired 2 GM's for 2 different sports on different ends of the spectrum and neither panned out. I don't think Peddie can be blamed for Burke and Colangelo being bad.

Leafs Forever

Jul 14, 2009
I don't hold much against Peddie he hired 2 GM's for 2 different sports on different ends of the spectrum and neither panned out. I don't think Peddie can be blamed for Burke and Colangelo being bad.

But Burke wasn't bad, he built most of the team we've been watching.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Book should be titled: Incompetence, How Not To Run A Sports Franchise by Richard Peddie.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Peddie ruined MLSE. He was the worst thing to come to this city since Mel Lastman. The puppeteer act with Fletcher was absolutely disgusting.

You won't find any MLSE Investors who'll agree with that.

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
You won't find any MLSE Investors who'll agree with that.

Of course not....can you just imagine how much the teachers could have sold MLSE for had the Leafs/Raptors had success under Peddie. Rogers/Bell would have had to cough up a lot more cash...so yeah, they have Peddie to thank.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Of course not....can you just imagine how much the teachers could have sold MLSE for had the Leafs/Raptors had success under Peddie. Rogers/Bell would have had to cough up a lot more cash...so yeah, they have Peddie to thank.

It wouldn't have been a considerable difference unlike his overseeing the Property Development, Media, etc.

Billy6

Dec 23, 2012
Anybody that buys Peddie's book should feel shame.

That interview was a complete joke.

Say what you want about JFJ or or Babcock but the biggest problem with MLSE over the last ten years is Richard Peddie.

What a numpty!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad