Post-Game Talk (GBU): The night no one cared

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I hope they panic and give us their pick this year in the mid teens, because that team will likely pop next year as Thomas and Kyrou get up to speed, Dunn improves, etc. they are big and talented.
St. Louis only has the option to give up the 2020 pick instead if their pick is in the top ten this year.

Reactions: Asymmetric Solution

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
St. Louis only has the option to give up the 2020 pick instead if their pick is in the top ten this year.

My bad, I shall rephrase, if they end up at 8-10, I hope they get dosed with lsd and give us that puck in blind fear that they will get worse with another year of malignant tumor O’Reilly.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Side note, the following is not to say I don’t want to sign Skinner or think they are in a position to not sign him.

However, since his heater has cooled a touch, for the last ten games or so, mostly the last 5 or so, I have noticed an adjustment that teams are starting to do more effectively. And that is to force Skinner into a passing situation. He is a shockingly bad passer for his other considerable skills.

Under pressure he can be exploited there. It will be interesting to see if Housley and staff can shift their form to keep him in shooting spaces and away from coverage.

At first glance, that line is getting a lot of focus, and collapsing defense. I’d like Jack and Sam to start looking for a trailing defender on the rush. We finally have a d group who has nobody who can’t functionally join the rush and a couple are very good.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Skinner has 4 goals in the last 5 games. 6 goals in the last 10. Thats cooling off? 6 in 10 is damn near a 50 goal pace. Skinner has not cooled off, unless you expected him to score 70 goals this season.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Skinner has 4 goals in the last 5 games. 6 goals in the last 10. Thats cooling off? 6 in 10 is damn near a 50 goal pace. Skinner has not cooled off, unless you expected him to score 70 goals this season.
He didn't score last night, so.....

:sarcasm:

Ya I think he has cooled off in his play. 6 in 10 is cooling off from the beginning of him getting on Eichel’s lane and being a goal a game for two months.

But since goals are not everything, I think if you focus on him, he has been a little less of a constant threat and has gotten lost in space a bit.

I know this board really dislikes nuance when a player is producing. Well of course unless it’s Sam Reinhart.

But if we need to wait until he doesn’t score for 5 games before discussing his non goal scoring ability, okey doke.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
I'll agree Skinner has been less dangerous, he doesn't look as quick and is no longer pickpocketing guys left and right on the forecheck.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'll agree Skinner has been less dangerous, he doesn't look as quick and is no longer pickpocketing guys left and right on the forecheck.

He was producing at an unprecedented and unsustainable pace. Falling back to a 40g/82 game pace would be a regression, yet still an amazing pace.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->