Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
G:
Eichel scored
Eichel creates

B:
No one else put any work in. That was an embarrassment. Passing was sloppy, shot mentality was non-existent, energy was 0, purpose was 0.
No one gets to the net on this team. It's maddening to watch. Everyone just peels, and circles, and loses possession.

U:
Phil needs to find something out of 9 other forwards
JASON needs to make some moves. This is getting stupid. Vladimir Sobotka is never going to get injured; you're going to have to remove him yourself. Get some god damn scoring and energy, you have it, it's in Rochester.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I thought Zemgus put in his usual amount of work. He did create some turnovers behind the Blues net in the 3rd period...just nothing came of it.

Reactions: nickdawg95

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Sloppy, lazy effort all around. No forward depth on full display. Recall/trade/claim any time now, Botts, not this Pommer or Wilson getting healthy BS.

Reactions: Chainshot

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Sabres haven’t won in St Louis in 7 games, dating back like 10 years. That’s an abysmal record.

Maut

Nov 30, 2018
How does a team go from a 10 game winning streak to this?

Start Ullmark and get some secondary scoring. It shouldn't be that difficult.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Allen always plays well against Buffalo. Not sure why, since he’s been trash otherwise.

I wouldn't say he played well tonight. We generated maybe 1 high danger chance all night, because no one goes to the net. God I wish Montreal would've given us that 3rd pick for OReilly. Tkachuk would've brought some attack-the-net that 0 guys on this team have.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
When Pominville comes back Reinhart has to move to another line to try and raise the middle six scoring from zero to any number greater than zero.

It’s time to sink or swim Sam. Eichel floaties off.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
Other than needing obvious upgrades to our middle 6, things that need vast improvement are, our PP, getting traffic in front of their net, and have 5 Sabres keep banging and pushing til the puck goes in, not allowing their 5 players to bang and push by knocking them on their asses. odd-man rushes as well...we are terribad at them. All 3 squish together, so, no passing, and the puck is easily poked checked away.

Maybe if we get other players up, they'll do that but it appears a failure in coaching.

WIth some of the speed on this team, you'd think we'd have at lleast 1 SHG this year. UNless we get really lucky, I don't see us ever scoring one.

I can't wait til we're legitimately good

Reactions: Fearnot

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Bracket out the 10 game win streak, the Sabres are a sub .500 hockey team. I'm pleased with our success, but the complacency displayed by players, coach, and GM is irritating giving that when you look under the hood, the engine isn't firing on all cylinders. Everyone can and should be doing more. More effort, more adjustments, more call ups. Get to work.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
The idea that no one cared is nonsense. They care plenty, and have immense difficulty generating goals. When Jack creates 4 goals, we survive. When they can only get 1 (tonight) or 2 (Florida) we lose, unless a goalie goes bananas. It's the way of life we chose in July.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
St. Louis never stood a chance with all the depth we took from them.
when the narrative doesn't match the story 101, but the disclaimer is that STL is crap. Subtraction by addiction

Intermission

Jan 17, 2016
Western NY
G: Sabres were the better team in the 1st. Jack was ready to start the comeback.

B: This period 2 crap...

U: There's still a roster problem.

There's enough here for one good middle 6 line.

Time the younger players got going which is why Sabres need to add.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad