15. Leon Draisaitl
16. Ryan Johansen
17. Aleksander Barkov
18. Jeff Carter
19. Evgeny Kuznetzov
20. Sean Monahan

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Barkov and Eichel are too low. Matthews is too high. All should be in top-10 though.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
It's certainly better than most lists. For me, Matthews is too high and Stamkos/Scheifele should switch.

Matthews seems high to me too if they're also putting Eichel that much lower. I wouldn't be surprised to see him establish himself there this year though. There's lot you can quibble with with these lists, but for the most part I'd say it's pretty solid. I think it's also hard to argue with the top 18 being here as well. I'd keep Kuznetsov but he could maybe be argued. Monahan I might replace but putting anyone there is going to be a question mark.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
God damn it I hate the Toews bashing but why the **** is he number 12.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
God damn it I hate the Toews bashing but why the **** is he number 12.

14th among centers in PPG last year while still being a very good all around player (if falling in that area recently). It's not that ridiculous. He's also lumped with Bergeron and Kopitar. Seems like for the most part after the big 3 (Sid, McDavid, Malkin) they put the top established offensive centers then that 2-way group of Bergeron/Kopi/Toews, then the young guys (Eichel/Draisaitl/Barkov). Matthews seems to stand out as breaking that mold though

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Matthews is always going to be too high on just about every list. That's how they keep one fanbase's hands off their throats.

If you drop him down to 10-12 and leave the rest of the list unchanged, it is a very good list.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Too high as in the number 14 is too big? Or he should be ranked lower? Might want to specify there.

He doesn't need to specify, high/low refers to a position relative to the top (here it's 1). Too high means his position should be lower down the list

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Matthews is always going to be too high on just about every list. That's how they keep one fanbase's hands off their throats.

If you drop him down to 10-12 and leave the rest of the list unchanged, it is a very good list.

Yup. I am 100% positive if he played for the Yotes he would be lower on this list. No chance he's the 4th best center in the league. What has he done so far to be rated higher than Backstrom? Or pretty much most of the people he's ahead of? He will be the next Toews mark my words (I don't know about the three cups though lol) most overrated player right now by a lot.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Don't have much problems with this list. Mathews a little bit lower. Getzlaf a little bit higher. They got it right with Malkin this year. Over the years when They had Toews over Malkin was the big wtf. Toews number 12 seem about right. Usually when Toews wins a cup they rank him top 3 when he doesn't his ranking is much lower. Draisaitl only had great season so 15 is right for him. Eichel still didn't haven't his big year so 14 is fine for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad