Post-Game Talk (GBU): The NHL is Back!

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
How did McCormick look in his first game back after the finger injury? I'm guessing he didn't play much.
He didn't play much, but he looked very hungry. As an impending UFA he could be trying to catch a playoff team's eye as a basically free energetic 13th forward.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
The Hurricanes are basically in the same middling position were were in for about 5 years there. Although they have some really good players it's apparent they need to make some tough decisions.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
The Hurricanes are basically in the same middling position were were in for about 5 years there. Although they have some really good players it's apparent they need to make some tough decisions.

Jordan Staal has been a pretty big disappointment. If you thought leaving the shadow of the Pittsburgh centers would allow him to step up, it didn't happen.

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
He didn't play much, but he looked very hungry. As an impending UFA he could be trying to catch a playoff team's eye as a basically free energetic 13th forward.

Thanks for the reply. Personally, I'd like to keep McCormick around through the rebuild (he's better than Scott!) but I could see him as an add-on to a bigger deal involving one of our 3 big UFAs. I think that Nolan has the best effect (in terms of generating energy/competition) on 4th line guys like Ellis and McCormick over 1st liners who might need more X's/O's stuff. Hopefully, Murray makes some good decisions -- for me it's more about getting the right value back than it is for keeping certain players.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Thanks for the reply. Personally, I'd like to keep McCormick around through the rebuild (he's better than Scott!) but I could see him as an add-on to a bigger deal involving one of our 3 big UFAs. I think that Nolan has the best effect (in terms of generating energy/competition) on 4th line guys like Ellis and McCormick over 1st liners who might need more X's/O's stuff. Hopefully, Murray makes some good decisions -- for me it's more about getting the right value back than it is for keeping certain players.

I will be okay if they decide to sign McCormick for next year. Character guy, works hard.

I wonder whether they will be interested because he can't stay healthy.

I'm going to predict that John Scott will play instead of McCormick tonight. We are playing the Bruins. Konopka just had finger surgery and shouldn't fight. McCormick shouldn't fight either (McCormick said he was being fitted for a finger brace. Can he still fight?“I don’t think the gloves are ever glued on,” he said. “But at the same time, it might not be something I’m trying to do right away.”---http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-cody-mccormick-ready-to-return-from-finger-injury/ )

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
AdNOfeS.png

Haha. That's gold, Jerry! GOLD!

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Anyone else laugh at how dumb Razor is sometimes when talking today after Ott's breakaway he throws some random stat out about 70% of shooters score on the break away and RJ was like "where did you find that stat?"

Razor pauses and says "I made it up"

:facepalm:

That was ugly...

LOL I missed this as I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the game. Funny thing is it's the reverse.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Jordan Staal has been a pretty big disappointment. If you thought leaving the shadow of the Pittsburgh centers would allow him to step up, it didn't happen.
He's played most of the season in a slightly more expanded version of his Pittsburgh role. Hard to step up offensively when the only thing that changes about your circumstances is two minutes more of ESTOI. And honestly, his most frequent linemates with the Pens might actually have been better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad