The NHL Hall of Fame: What it may look like. (Part 1: Goalies)

BlueBull

Habby Man
Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
Hello Everyone, It's BlueBull. This is something I have been brainstorming and researching for a couple weeks, and I am ready to show the first part of it today. It is an NHL Hall of Fame, or at least what it will look like, and we are starting off with...

NHL Hall of Fame Goalies:
Point Share Requirements:
Tier Pre-1974 WR (Winning Record) Pre-1974 LR (Losing) Modern WR Modern LR
A 115 Point Shares 130PS 140PS 150PS
B 105PS 120PS 130PS 140PS
C 100PS 107PS 115PS 122PS
D 75PS 82PS 90PS 97PS
Note: Pre 1974 Means the player did not play in the NHL after the 1973-74 season.
Tier Requirements:
D: 2 Stanley Cups or 2 Vezinas or “Bypass” (Bypass is a way for low tier players to get in a bit easier. For Goalies, Either 2 All Star Teams and 1 Cup, 3 AS Teams and 1 Vezina, 2 AS Teams and one MVP, either the Pearson/Lindsay or the Hart, or just 4 AS Teams. “Bypass” only counts in D Tier)
C: 2 Stanley Cups or 1 Vezina
B: 1 Stanley Cup or 1 All Star Team or 1 Vezina
A: Free
Players who qualified in order of Point Shares (Highest to Lowest) according to hockey-reference.com:
*Pre-1974 ~Non Hockey HOFer ** “Future HOFer” (Active)
Roberto Luongo** Martin Brodeur, Patrick Roy, Terry Sawchuk*, Tony Esposito, Glenn Hall*, Jacques Plante*, Henrik Lundqvist**, Curtis Joseph~, Ed Belfour, Dominik Hasek, John Vanbiesbrouck~, Ryan Miller**, Rogie Vachon, Tomas Vokoun~, Marc-Andre Fleury**, Harry Lumley*, Gump Worsley*, Grant Fuhr, Tom Barrasso~, Bernie Parent, Billy Smith, Olaf Kolzig~, Turk Broda*, Carey Price**, Andy Moog~, Ed Giacomin, Chris Osgood~, Mike Vernon~, Tiny Thompson*, Mike Liut~, Johnny Bower*, Glenn Resch~, Ken Dryden, Jonathan Quick**, Frank Brimsek*, George Hainsworth*, Tim Thomas**, Bill Durnan*, Alec Connel*, Dave Kerr~*, Roy Worters*, Lorne Chabot*.
Total HOFers: 43

What do you think of it? It's Interesting to say the least, but most players are deserving players on here for the most part. Thanks for Reading My Thread!
-BlueBull

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
It's not awful... but you gotta figure something out so you dont have players like Clint Benedict and Charlie Gardiner missing out when Tomas Vokoun is making it...

(Also, Vezina, but at least here its arguable that most of his career was before the NHL)

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Looks interesting what you have there. Still not sure I have a Chico Resch in the Hall of Fame ahead of Clint Benedict.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad