The NFL & 2K have announced a multi-year partnership encompassing multiple future video games.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
2K has gotten scummy with their NBA franchise, just like EA has with all their's, but this is good news for Madden gamers. Unless they really make an amazing game, it probably won't influence EA that much though.

Reactions: Forgotusername

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Apparently its not what everyone thinks. It will be a "non-simulation" type game. This will not be a direct competitor with Madden when it comes to Franchise and simulation style gameplay.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Apparently its not what everyone thinks. It will be a "non-simulation" type game. This will not be a direct competitor with Madden when it comes to Franchise and simulation style gameplay.
Well now you got my hopes up for an NFL Blitz type game, and I'm actually excited lol.

Reactions: Roman Fell

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Well now you got my hopes up for an NFL Blitz type game, and I'm actually excited lol.
Wasn't NFL Street a 2K product as well? I'd be HYPED for that to return.

EDIT: Never mind. Wikipedia tells me it was an EA product :(

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
This isn't the same 2K from back in the days of NFL and NHL 2K5.

NBA 2K is a micro-transaction-laden hellhole and WWE 2K20 is a disaster.

I wouldn't get my hopes up too high, but at least this could create some competition for EA, even if it's apparently not quite the same type of game.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

I wouldn't get my hopes up too high, but at least this could create some competition for EA, even if it's apparently not quite the same type of game.
I don't even know if competition will matter anymore. Look at NBA Live. It didn't even make a new game because they wanted to "focus" on next gen. Its not even worth it for them to put a game out on a yearly basis anymore.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

madden makes nba2k look like a f***ing god tier masterpiece

madden is so bad and poorly programmed it’s actually disgusting. i think ea enjoys shitting on football fans, a lot of their employees on twitter sure love getting all butthurt when someone calls out their pathetic excuse for a football game

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
madden makes nba2k look like a f***ing god tier masterpiece

madden is so bad and poorly programmed it’s actually disgusting. i think ea enjoys shitting on football fans, a lot of their employees on twitter sure love getting all butthurt when someone calls out their pathetic excuse for a football game
All the games out there right now suck. Fifa is a disaster at EA too. 2K has been EA level bad for a few years now. They were good for awhile, but as soon as they got a big following of people believing they were high quality, they went the micro transaction route and started collecting from their whales.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don't even know if competition will matter anymore. Look at NBA Live. It didn't even make a new game because they wanted to "focus" on next gen. Its not even worth it for them to put a game out on a yearly basis anymore.
Right. PES too in the soccer world, although they still make titles every year and get some licenses away from EA. It's incredibly difficult to get enough market share from Madden, NBA 2K, or FIFA for those titles to notice and make real changes that the community wants. They know they are pretty much the only option on the market.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I'm lukewarm on this. I have zero doubt they're capable of building a great foundation, NBA 2K is a stellar sim to this day, but the way NBA 2K has been declining overall due to publisher greed makes me weep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad