The next X-Generation

Sidney BrOSSby*

Locked in the Washer
Nov 28, 2007
Kampuchia
Looking back, the Penguins have been blessed with some great talent. People describe our fans as spoiled, childish wanna be hockey fans who can't fill an arena when they don't have a god on skates. The names of the greats ring in the halls of The Hockey Hall of Fame coursing through time like a great pulse of electricity illuminating the game.

But doesn't it feel backward? The real story begins again when Crosby and Malkin are gone. The tide rolls out again and the sandy shores are covered with a yard sale of pieces to old broken zambonis, tater skin foil wrappers, and an old jock strap here or there.

To me, its not only about getting another cup. It's about FarnHam and Chorney and Ray Whitney. I don't who the owner is going to be when the stars fall again or even the GM. But I know what's going to be on the ice.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I liked Ray Whitney when he was a youngster, not that I know what san jose has to do with the other stuff you're talking about.

I lied. I don't remember him at all

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
350ngwo.jpg

sovietsanta87

Jan 3, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Cant make that comparison in the salary cap NHL. The Penguins "Generation X" days were just a marketing ploy to make up for the fact that they would never be competitive as long as the Rangers, Wings, etc got to spend unlimited amounts of money.

Nowadays its pretty easy to turn things around and at least make the playoffs. Only the oilers have butchered rebuilding. You could also make a case for the Sabres but they're going to be really good in the next few years.

Sidney BrOSSby*

Locked in the Washer
Nov 28, 2007
Kampuchia
It might be 10 years from today, it could be less. Recchi's got game left, right? Someone has to wear the hat in the room, not the other way around.

109690515.jpg

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
For what its worth, I had a lot of fun watching hockey in those days. It was so much less stressful :laugh:

Malone and Morozov will be in my top 10 players for a long long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad