The Next Wave(Will LA find skill?)

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
Kaliyev needs to start the season with the kings next year and see how he goes. Hes got the talent and is absolutely crushing juniors for the 2nd year in a row. Hes just wasting a season there next year, ideally youd give him a season in the AHL but its not possible so hes better off learning from the pros and seeing where he's games at rather than blasting 2 goals a night past juniors for the 3rd year sraight

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
Kaliyev needs to start the season with the kings next year and see how he goes. Hes got the talent and is absolutely crushing juniors for the 2nd year in a row. Hes just wasting a season there next year, ideally youd give him a season in the AHL but its not possible so hes better off learning from the pros and seeing where he's games at rather than blasting 2 goals a night past juniors for the 3rd year sraight

I agree to an extent, but he's also going to be 19 years old next year. You'd hate to keep him with the Kings (who will likely be pretty awful next year) and have him struggle a ton and burn a year off his ELC. Then again, how much can he really develop and improve from yet another year in the OHL?? That whole situation really sucks because, like you said, ideally the AHL would be the perfect fit but it's not an option.

I think if he has a good training camp you give him 9 NHL games to start the year and if there's any doubts about him being ready you have to send him back to juniors. You don't want to rush a guy like Kaliyev, and there's really no reason to. While juniors next year might not be amazing for his development, the NHL on a bad team when he's not 100% ready would probably be even more detrimental.

If he's not 100% ready I'd rather have him light up the OHL again, hopefully continue to work on his strength/skills as much as possible, and then come up with the Kings in 2021/22 when the team will likely start to be competitive and he'll have more talent around him.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Doughty’s comments after the stadium game were interesting on TT being able to score on a team that struggles to score.

Kopi and Amart sounded like the writing was on the wall when speaking of Toffoli.

I like TT and Amart but what the Kings have hasn’t worked for awhile. LA needs to turn a page. I want the roster to change even if it’s painful.

I think LA has no interest in resigning TT or they would have been in talks. Interested to see how he fairs elsewhere.

Reactions: KINGS17

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Doughty’s comments after the stadium game were interesting on TT being able to score on a team that struggles to score.

Kopi and Amart sounded like the writing was on the wall when speaking of Toffoli.

I like TT and Amart but what the Kings have hasn’t worked for awhile. LA needs to turn a page. I want the roster to change even if it’s painful.

I think LA has no interest in resigning TT or they would have been in talks. Interested to see how he fairs elsewhere.
Too little, too late.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Too little, too late.
It really is. I know a tank is beneficial but I can’t see any pro athlete doing it on purpose. This team has been out since November so I know it’s hard to get up for games but I hate that they show up for an outdoor game (because yay it’s cold) but mailed it in for most of January and February.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
McLellan, on how much the resilience means, even if the comeback fell short:
Oh, lots. And when you’re standing behind the bench or you’re in the locker room, you almost expect it from this group. There’s no quit in them. They keep fighting back, clawing back. I’ve been on a lot of other teams, going all the way back into junior, where they didn’t have those qualities. This team has that. And you can tell – I’ve said this a million times – there are champions in this room and they’ve got a championship pedigree and they won’t let it happen. When you shoot yourself in the foot and you’re not gifted enough to score on a regular basis, you don’t give yourself a chance. And to me, that was the type of game that we played tonight. [Reporter: Where does that come from … the quality of them having that fight?] Well, they’re proud players. When you win two Cups and your Conn Smythe Trophy winner is your MVP nominee, he’s your Norris Trophy winner, we have all of that in that locker room. They’re proud. They weren’t happy with the performance last year. It began at training camp when they were very upset with their own performance. They were prepared to take on new ideas and new thoughts. They come to the rink every day and want to get better. Haven’t had to slam sticks or yell and scream at practice. For anybody that’s been there all year, I think it comes from their leadership. It should be rubbing off on the younger guys. The hard part for our team is the carrot. You work hard, you work hard, and sometimes you don’t get the carrot. It can be a little disappointing at times, but we’ve got to continue moving forward, work on our structure so as we evolve and come out of this rebuild, we’ll be in a good situation.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Well now that Blake and Co have all but completed their wheelin and dealin for 2020, here's were we stand on the prospect end:

Kaliyev-Vilardi-Madden
Grundtsrom-Turcotte-Kupari
Shafigullin-JAD-Thomas
Dudas-Lee-Sodergran

Bjornfot-Clague
Anderson-Durzi
Hults-Spence
Moverare-Strand
Phillips-
Nousiainen-
Doyle-

Parik - Ingham - Villalta

Not bad, not if but when we win the lottery and land Laffy.. this list will look generational

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
Let’s hope this org can develop them right and they all pan out. If they do, then we’re going to see some exciting Kings hockey for years to come!

Reactions: LAKings88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->