The Next Step In Kadri's Evolution

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
You could find many ways to describe what happened. Sticking up for a teammate would not be considered selfish in a Team environment.
Especially for anyone who has ever played the game at any level.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
But he is defended when there is no need to defend. Read very carefully.......what is the premise of this thread again? What is the next step he could take in his evolution to be better.

Jesus people, get a grip.

So many people take things the wrong way, and my original post stands and was proven here beyond a shadow of a doubt. Never suggest improvements, or you are branded a hater and a know nothing

You seem angry and there's no season for you to be angry, see the post below.

Rarely do threads remain solely on topic. The conversation usually morphs into quasi-related topics. My initial foray into this conversation was due to a poor logical conclusion. That’s pretty much it. I would have done the same in a Rielly thread or a Nylander thread.

Exactly this. I wanted to say this earlier but was in a rush and struggling to find the right words but this is exactly it, well done. :)

Reactions: 1specter

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
1987, admired warrior, indispensable, franchise saviour:

2004, admired warrior, great teammate, competitive to the bone, maybe a little crazy, no penalty:

2018, reckless, selfish:

I like the youtube title "vicious hit" lol

'twas a mere bump. reckless and a penalty, yes. after Wookie and Wingels heroically tag-teamed Mitch Marner in the corner.

Mark Bell on Daniel Alfredsson, THAT was a vicious(not to mention highly enjoyable and satisfying) hit.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I'm a huge Kadri fan and hope he has his best season ever. At home I expect him to be taking a ton of tough matchups but on the road, he'll be up against a lot of 3rd lines. Depending on who his linemates are and how well they play, I don't think 65 points is out of the question. I don't think it's likely and it would an enormous accomplishment but maybe he can do it, who knows?

Reactions: diceman934 and MJ65

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I'm a huge Kadri fan and hope he has his best season ever. At home I expect him to be taking a ton of tough matchups but on the road, he'll be up against a lot of 3rd lines. Depending on who his linemates are and how well they play, I don't think 65 points is out of the question. I don't think it's likely and it would an enormous accomplishment but maybe he can do it, who knows?
He hopefully won't be taking any matchups. If Babcock does that, I will be calling for his head. Why line match when you have the firepower of this team and can put every team in the league on it's heels just by rolling out your lines? It's not like JT or AM have to be sheltered....

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
He hopefully won't be taking any matchups. If Babcock does that, I will be calling for his head. Why line match when you have the firepower of this team and can put every team in the league on it's heels just by rolling out your lines? It's not like JT or AM have to be sheltered....

Well, that's a whole other discussion. I agree we can just roll the lines but I can also see the logic behind Kadri handling opposing top lines which should allow huge mismatches for Tavares/Matthews.

Depending on how we proceed, Kadri's linemates will probably be different. If he's matching up he'll probably be playing with Brown, if not he might have Kapanen and Johnsson on his wing.

Anyhow, if we just roll the lines I think he has an excellent shot at 65 points. Not that I care that much, I just want us to win our division and be healthy and on a roll when the playoffs start. :)

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Well, that's a whole other discussion. I agree we can just roll the lines but I can also see the logic behind Kadri handling opposing top lines which should allow huge mismatches for Tavares/Matthews.

Depending on how we proceed, Kadri's linemates will probably be different. If he's matching up he'll probably be playing with Brown, if not he might have Kapanen and Johnsson on his wing.

Anyhow, if we just roll the lines I think he has an excellent shot at 65 points. Not that I care that much, I just want us to win our division and be healthy and on a roll when the playoffs start. :)
Agreed, healthy going into the playoffs is the key. But I don't want Babcock doing the other coaches job for them either. The other coaches should be game planning around the Leafs 3 headed monster, and not the other way around. I want Kadri's line absolutely eating up 3rd line matchups.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I hope he keeps the other team off the board. I don't care about his production

Reactions: kb

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
I hope he keeps the other team off the board. I don't care about his production

I just wonder for every point Marner would bump up a Tavares line, how many do you lose on a Kadri line. Marner and Kadri were a good pairing and
I really don't want to see that production halted.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I just wonder for every point Marner would bump up a Tavares line, how many do you lose on a Kadri line. Marner and Kadri were a good pairing and
I really don't want to see that production halted.
I see what you are getting at, but I think this year Kadri's numbers are going to take a hit. But you don't want to sign a guy for $11 million and have Brown and Hyman as his wingers.....although, that is probably an upgrade on anything the Isles could give him. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad