The Next Step In Kadri's Evolution

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
He is a huge part of our team and I think his 5on5 scoring will actually go up as he will be facing worse opponents at least half the year while on the road and he will play with an upgrade on his left side as that is who he passes to the most as he is on his strong hand.

We need him to play hard as ever and be as aggressive as he usually is as he is most effective when he plays pissed off.

Wilson and Burke as well as the most overrated Marlie coach we have ever had hated him and he developed despite them. Middle finger to the 3 of them.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Just control the aggressive play a little better, because sometimes it backfires. His heart is in the right place, no doubt, brain needs adjustment.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I think Babs will continue to roll Kadri as a match up center to free up either Matthews or Tavares line at home at least;

away games is where he may score more than last season as Babs is not gonna worry too much on the road

So Kadri might end up scoring same as last two seasons or may even reach new career high

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Think he mostly just has to show consistency given the fact that his usage is likely going to change now that JT is a Leaf.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Hopefully he turns the risky hits with the refs watching into subtle elbows behind the scenes. Take a page from the Chris Pronger school of playing just barely clean enough. Kesler did a good job of this as he aged. I want other teams fans to have 10+ page threads about Kadri on their subforums.

Minus Mitch

Oct 17, 2017
The best part of the Tavares signing is it pushed Kadri back to 3. Will not be a loss at all when he gets suspended this season.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Thanks for the feedback guys, wrote it last night during my shift and I was falling asleep lol. Posted it and basically went to sleep.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Gad damned Wilson almost ruined Kadri.The worst dick head we ever had coach the leafs.

I still can't stand that rat.

Kadri sure showed that guy up in the long run. Wilson was a joke lol jeez he was a puke and a bad representation of heing a leaf.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
He is a huge part of our team and I think his 5on5 scoring will actually go up as he will be facing worse opponents at least half the year while on the road and he will play with an upgrade on his left side as that is who he passes to the most as he is on his strong hand.

We need him to play hard as ever and be as aggressive as he usually is as he is most effective when he plays pissed off.

Wilson and Burke as well as the most overrated Marlie coach we have ever had hated him and he developed despite them. Middle finger to the 3 of them.

Eakins and Wilson hated him for sure. Burkie really liked him i think. The other two sabotaged him to wits end.

They went out ofbtheir way to patronize him in public. It was gross and disgusting how transparent their dislike for him was.

Burke loved him. Never once called him out publicly and actually praised him all the time.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Good job WTFMAN - very thoughtful

Thanks, appreciate that. It is tough finding content to write about right now and this was something that came to mind a few days ago. It seems like the logical next step given the make up of our team. Kadri doesn't get cheated on ice time, he's still an important part of the team and he is equally important this way, just with new responsibilities this way.

He's a competitive guy so I could see him doing well with the new challenge, if they decided to go this route.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
I think that's about right.

Naz needed to mature a little, and he was at the right age to receive the message when it came. Worked out perfectly for us.

I think he also needed some time to develop his game - some guys come up totally ready for the NHL, some guys need more time. He's improved every year - kinda too bad for him that despite improving, he's been bumped down by the arrival of AM and JT. Kinda good for us though....
I think he's going to embrace being a key player on an amazing team no matter where he is in the line-up

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Gad damned Wilson almost ruined Kadri.The worst dick head we ever had coach the leafs.

I still can't stand that rat.

Kadri sure showed that guy up in the long run. Wilson was a joke lol jeez he was a puke and a bad representation of heing a leaf.
I cringe at the thought of Wilson. I swear he did his best to ruin Kadri. At the same time, Rotten Ronny going off on Berger was a thing of beauty. It's like Wilson was hungover 24/7. I've never seen a Leafs coach so irritated all the time.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I feel like the player we see today is a direct result of Shanny suspending him.

Ya, Babs gets credit for the actual moulding but Nazem Kadri the man seems to be a different person since Shanny got his attention.

Reactions: Pookie

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I don’t think he needs to take a next step in his development. He’s already very good and probably is what he will be offensively.

That said, if there is a to do on the development front:

His short term goal should be to to capitalize as best he can on playing weaker lines and showing he can help youth develop. Play whatever role asked.

As he gets closer to contract expiry, he will need to ensure his defensive game is super solid. This will ensure a multi year extended NHL career. Getting PK experience and a successful track record at it would be really helpful to both him and the team.

Beyond the regular season, he needs to matter in the playoffs. Be noticed for being there not for why he wasn’t.

Reactions: IPS

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
kadri took his leap 2 years ago and repeated it last year...this is kadri, i dont think he takes another step, which is fine cus kadri is a great top 30ish center

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
The next step? ... He has evolved into a scoring 2 way center that can play against any line, he seems comfortable not being the star also. He looks like he has maxed out his upside aside from becoming more of leader maybe?

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Becoming a PK'er is the next obvious step in his progression. Especially with Komorov gone and Tavares possibly cutting into his es/pp toi.

Reactions: ACC1224

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I don’t think he needs to take a next step in his development. He’s already very good and probably is what he will be offensively.

That said, if there is a to do on the development front:

His short term goal should be to to capitalize as best he can on playing weaker lines and showing he can help youth develop. Play whatever role asked.

As he gets closer to contract expiry, he will need to ensure his defensive game is super solid. This will ensure a multi year extended NHL career. Getting PK experience and a successful track record at it would be really helpful to both him and the team.

Beyond the regular season, he needs to matter in the playoffs. Be noticed for being there not for why he wasn’t.
He definitely needs to learn the PK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->