The next Sidney Crosby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperTom

Sep 13, 2005
I´ve been reading about this new kid from Nova Scotia who is supposed to be something special, Steven Anthony. Anyone, who could give me some information about him? The only thing I know is that he is born 1991 and that it has been some problems regarding where he is going to play the coming season.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
NYR469 said:
shouldn't we wait for the first sidney crosby to play a game before dubbing someone else the next one?

He could mean the next "ridiculously hyped kid, who is more hyped than basically anyone before he steps a foot in an NHL game" type person.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
El_Loco_Avs said:
There's this one sperm leading my Left Nut League in scoring by 50 points. Could be a star some day. :handclap:

Must all be assists, because he obviously hasn't scored yet!

steven29

Sep 15, 2005
DHawerchuk said:
I´ve been reading about this new kid from Nova Scotia who is supposed to be something special, Steven Anthony. Anyone, who could give me some information about him? The only thing I know is that he is born 1991 and that it has been some problems regarding where he is going to play the coming season.
I think he is going to shattuck st may school in minnesota where Crosby and angelo esposito played!

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Lots of 14 year olds look that good. See if he is lighting it up in Major Junior in two years and then we will call him the next somebody.

ANTHONY OPTS FOR HOLDERNESS – HALIFAX 08-15-05
Halifax Bantam Steven Anthony, who is being touted as the next can’t miss star to come out of Nova Scotia, has opted to play and study at Holderness School, a New England Prep School, during the 2005-06 season his father Eric told Hockeyscene.com Monday afternoon.

Anthony, who is only 14 years of age, had been granted exceptional status to play in the Nova Scotia Major Midget Hockey League this season but Hockey Nova Scotia said he would have to do so with Halifax McDonalds because he came up through the Halifax minor hockey program. He and his father wanted him to play with Dartmouth Subways since the Subways is hosting the Atlantic championship and they felt he could get more exposure there. His father then said he would likely go to Shattuck-St.Marys, the prep school in Minnesota where Sidney Crosby played.

Holderness School is located in Plymouth, New Hampshire in the foothills of the White Mountains. The school has 274 students and a faculty of 44. It has its own modern arena where the Bulls play. It has a strong hockey program as part of a strong academic and athletic program.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
NYR469 said:
shouldn't we wait for the first sidney crosby to play a game before dubbing someone else the next one?

My exact thoughts..... how can we have a next one when we havent had a first one yet.

beerandcats

Oct 26, 2003
New Westminster BC
DHawerchuk said:

Forget that....I want't to know who the next Steven Anthony is.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
beerandcats said:
Forget that....I want't to know who the next Steven Anthony is.

My friend's 6 year old son is an amazing talent. He completely dominates the living room hockey league, making his younger sister look like Ian Moran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->