OT: The next hidden edge? (Cannabis/CBD)

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
That's so great for you weems.

Sorry you went through so much pain.

So very very often we have to figure it out on our own, how to fix ourselves, is what I mean to say.

Really really good for you!

Reactions: weems

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
CBD oil relieves inflammation, improves sleep quality, and helps with stress/anxiety, while having no detrimental effects (does not get you high or make you hungry or drowsy).

All athletes should be taking it.

Just to point out that you really need a disclaimer. There is a lot of marketing hype around CBD but very little clinical data. And even fewer regulations on purity, content, drug interactions and dosing.

Before “All Athletes should be taking it” consider the evidence.

The Mayo Clinic highlights::

“Currently, the only CBD product approved by the Food and Drug Administration is a prescription oil called Epidiolex. It's approved to treat two types of epilepsy. Aside from Epidiolex, state laws on the use of CBD vary. While CBD is being studied as a treatment for a wide range of conditions, including Parkinson's disease, schizophrenia, diabetes, multiple sclerosis and anxiety, research supporting the drug's benefits is still limited.

CBD use also carries some risks. Though it's often well-tolerated, CBD can cause side effects, such as dry mouth, diarrhea, reduced appetite, drowsiness and fatigue.

CBD can also interact with other medications you're taking, such as blood thinners.

Another cause for concern is the unreliability of the purity and dosage of CBD in products. A recent study of 84 CBD products bought online showed that more than a quarter of the products contained less CBD than labeled. In addition, THC was found in 18 products.”

The later should be particularly concerning for those with anxiety as THC can have a side effect of increasing anxiety and paranoia.

Just research it and discuss with a doctor before you throw things in your body.

Last edited:

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Just to point out that you really need a disclaimer. There is a lot of marketing hype around CBD but very little clinical data. And even fewer regulations on purity, content, drug interactions and dosing.

Before “All Athletes should be taking it” consider the evidence.

The Mayo Clinic highlights::

“Currently, the only CBD product approved by the Food and Drug Administration is a prescription oil called Epidiolex. It's approved to treat two types of epilepsy. Aside from Epidiolex, state laws on the use of CBD vary. While CBD is being studied as a treatment for a wide range of conditions, including Parkinson's disease, schizophrenia, diabetes, multiple sclerosis and anxiety, research supporting the drug's benefits is still limited.

CBD use also carries some risks. Though it's often well-tolerated, CBD can cause side effects, such as dry mouth, diarrhea, reduced appetite, drowsiness and fatigue.

CBD can also interact with other medications you're taking, such as blood thinners.

Another cause for concern is the unreliability of the purity and dosage of CBD in products. A recent study of 84 CBD products bought online showed that more than a quarter of the products contained less CBD than labeled. In addition, THC was found in 18 products.”

The later should be particularly concerning for those with anxiety as THC can have a side effect of increasing anxiety and paranoia.

Just research it and discuss with a doctor before you throw things in your body.

If you want research data perhaps you should look into the research the British government did 15+ years ago , I believe the lead was a doctor Jeffery Guy , after several years and millions of euro he debunked all the negative myths and found a great many new truths , the biggest truth is that Cannabis is the only substance known to man that stimulates new cell growth in the central nervous system , thats why it is so important to the treatment of Neuro disorders , maybe when you do your research you could try to remember where the source of your information actually stands on a subject , The Mayo has long been a supporter or the false narrative surrounding Cannibis . The study I am referring to was commisioned by the civil service to try and prove once and for all the harm Cannabis does so their conclusion that they were completely wrong going in has a lot more weight than a known propaganda whore trying to continue their chosen path .

Reactions: weems

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
If you want research data perhaps you should look into the research the British government did 15+ years ago , I believe the lead was a doctor Jeffery Guy , after several years and millions of euro he debunked all the negative myths and found a great many new truths , the biggest truth is that Cannabis is the only substance known to man that stimulates new cell growth in the central nervous system , thats why it is so important to the treatment of Neuro disorders , maybe when you do your research you could try to remember where the source of your information actually stands on a subject , The Mayo has long been a supporter or the false narrative surrounding Cannibis . The study I am referring to was commisioned by the civil service to try and prove once and for all the harm Cannabis does so their conclusion that they were completely wrong going in has a lot more weight than a known propaganda ****e trying to continue their chosen path .

Respectfully none of that changes the fact that CBD is only indicated for the treatment of epilepsy, that drug interactions (eg CBD and SSRI’s in the treatment of anxiety) haven’t been studied and that purity of the drug falls well below the standards we would expect.

If one is taking CBD for anxiety and gets something that also has THC in it... it will magnify the anxiety.

I’m not anti-CBD. My wife works in the industry and the product, along with a THC based sleep aid are in our home.

My family doctor indicated she would rather prescribe CBD than many opioids in the treatment of pain. So I get it. I benefit from it. No worries there.

However, what is also true is that it’s a money maker and there are very lax claims when it comes to marketing. They are throwing it into everything from drinks to skin care.

If you want a true benefit for your own situation, best to get the information from a physician vs a hockey forum. Hence why I responded to “all athletes should take it”

Cheers.

mikesterp

Mar 18, 2020
Cannabis works for me when I microdose. I vape daily and go through about a gram a month. One small hit once or twice a day is all I need. Strain rarely matters since I consume so little. I never get high but I definitely feel the effects calming and centering me.
I switched off my latest anti-depressant slowly after I had reached a point where I could tell it wasn't working anymore.
I was/am under a doctors care and continue with talk therapy which has been vitally important for me.

I'm still kind of in the experimental phase with different Full-Spectrum CBD Products: Full Spectrum CBD Oil, bath bombs, vape pens, topical cream. Luckily in Canada it is all regulated and you know exactly what your buying.

Last edited:

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Cannabis works for me when I microdose. I vape daily and go through about a gram a month. One small hit once or twice a day is all I need. Strain rarely matters since I consume so little. I never get high but I definitely feel the effects calming and centering me.
I switched off my latest anti-depressant slowly after I had reached a point where I could tell it wasn't working anymore.
I was/am under a doctors care and continue with talk therapy which has been vitally important for me.

One growing area of concern with both THC and CBD are the possible drug interactions.

Common drugs like Statins or anti depressants are processed in the liver using the same path that CBD takes. This could lead to unsafe levels in the system.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto

How do you get a small hit once or twice daily from 1g a month?

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
I have a rather long story here but it’s pretty unique and I don’t want to be personally associated with my online account, which makes me wonder why I’m still typing this comment at all and about to hit ‘reply’, but here we are.

Long story short, it helps a lot of people, and I think as stigmas start to lessen, it can help a lot more.

Reactions: weems and Ratboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad