OT: The next hidden edge? (Cannabis/CBD)

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Reactions: BadgerBruce

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
two people at work. both are very nervous in the workplace.

one takes cannabis before work to calm the nerves throughout the day.

the other remains sober throughout the day and deals with the nerves.

at the end of the day, both punch out and had a successful shift.

why did one require a substance to make it through, while the other did not?

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
You won't name your multi-million dollar company... right, exactly what we thought

when you meet someone new, at a social gathering or something... and during the course of conversation (just like this) you mention that you are the owner of a multi-million-dollar company... and then of course the people you are conversing with ask you which company is it... do you tell them "oh sorry.. I can't tell you what it is" ?
Who is we?

Why would anyone want their business/personal information available on here?

At this social gathering, will the information you divulge be available for millions on the internet as well?

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009

The latter of the two is likely an alcoholic. The former chases the dragon, the latter just wants to get the hell away from it.

source: Me, a guy who's battling with the demon within the bottle.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I don't smoke (or do other drugs) but I totally support the legalization and I think it is downright insane that athletes don't get the benefit of MJ whether it is medicinal or just recreational. I hate the friggin smell of it with a passion and it bothers me when people just casually light it up wherever they damn please.
giphy.gif

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

This kind of hard to analyze.

What do you mean by "very nervous"? Are they just a shy person who enjoys being baked at work? Or are they legitimately struggling to deal with crippling clinical anxiety?

You've left everything open to interpretation here.

Reactions: 1specter

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009

Everyone's different.

Reactions: 1specter

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
some guys here are, as they put it "undercover high" for years and years now, living their lives "high".

Meaning that no one else can really tell they are under the influence.

it's the same as someone sneaking drinks all day to calm the nerves.

one sips from a bottle, the other tokes or eats it or however they ingest it.

difference is that you can smell alcohol and easily detect it, but with cannabis not so much. either way if someone is using either of these substances all day long the question is why is there a need to use these substances to get through every day

weems

Jul 3, 2008
some guys here are, as they put it "undercover high" for years and years now, living their lives "high".

difference is that you can smell alcohol and easily detect it, but with cannabis not so much. either way if someone is using either of these substances all day long the question is why is there a need to use these substances to get through every day

Because many people have some kind of either mental or physical condition and they deem that the medicine either relives them from physical pain or helps things like Anxiety, ADHD, Chronic migraines etc.

I could ask you why so much of this population needs Caffiene in copious amounts to get through everyday?

This is a natural herb that has been used as medicine going back like hundreds of years.

The chinese used it alot to treat many illness's and it was actually called Bhang.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009

It's likely a mental health issue to various degrees. Some people pop pills.. others smoke.. some drink. Life is hard.

People deserve compassion.

Reactions: 1specter and weems

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
we're all into this that or the other

i ask myself, the question is why

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

Why is there this assumption that people who use it "need it to get through the day"?

I don't need it to get through a day. I just like it.

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013

Successful shift for who, the people or the company? I’m the sober guy B, I go home everyday wishing I had the nerve to do something about it like guy A. I hate feeling the way I feel, especially now that 3 years ago I came to the realization I’m not “just a shy guy” and it goes much deeper.

That’s not a successful shift. f*** the company.

Reactions: Walshy7 and Ratboy

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
I've been tackling the idea of using strains like this (high CBD) for my back. I've been struggling with back problems for 2 decades now, last year I hit a pretty low point. If you have constant pain all the time, you know what affect that has on your well being. I guess my only concern is the affect on memory, my memory is already crappy, so I didn't want to make it worse. Have you noticed any problems? Do you take it going to bed, or during the day?
Glad it is working for you!

I wouldn't have a problem with professional athletes using it, its by know means giving them a edge, its a way for them to deal with constant pain.

I feel your pain, I did serious damage to by back playing rec hockey 25 years ago. Shoved from behind and fell face first into the boards, sprained both wrists trying to break the fall. Did not realize at the time that my back was also injured. I actually ended up with a hairline crack in my lower spine. Two major surgeries eventually repaired the crack but now have nerve pressure pain due to the scar tissue left over from surgery. Anyway, the doctor was more than willing to prescribe me lots of opioids but would not prescribe medicinal weed. He eventually gave in because the opioids were having awful side effects.
Although the weed does not rid me of my constant pain, it does take a major edge off of it. CBD oil is what I use and buy it from the government.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009

Its called addiction.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009

Well on the surface, who really cares why one required it and one didn't. People work in different ways and their bodies process things differently.

Personally, I'm not sure why anyone would willingly choose to "deal with the nerves" when there's a way to get rid of them. Not sure why anyone would want to live their day to day nervous when in your example the alternative has only positive impacts. But I guess that comes down to the mis-education and stigmas surrounding drug (specifically the drugs that have been arbitrarily determined to be worse than the other drugs) use.

Sure, the second person still "made it through the day" but that seems like an awful way to live your life. Spending the better part of your week (not counting sleep) anxious/nervous? What's the point.

Reactions: Ratboy and weems

Gash

Apr 13, 2019
I have an auto-immune disease in my back called Ankylosing spondylitis, I use weed for it, and it seriously helps the inflammation and pain, a good indica helps me fall asleep easy. You`re in charge of your health care and if you want medical marijuana to help with your symptoms discuss it with a sympathetic doctor that has experience with medical marijuana.

Last edited:
Reactions: weems

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad