The next generation of players.

Fin9*

I thought about this and decided to make a list of players who could be NHLers/KHLers/NT players in near future, I didnt include younger guys then the 95 born guys.

Raanta G - 89
Ortio G - 91
Vatanen D - 91
Hakanpää D - 92
Mi.Granlund F - 92
Ma. Granlund F - 93
Salomäki F - 93
Pulkkinen F - 92
Armia F - 93
Barkov F - 95
Ristolainen D - 95
Pesonen F - 88
Komarov F - 87
Haula F - 91
Järvinen D - 89
Hartikainen F - 90
Rajala F - 91
Helenius G - 88
Jokipakka D - 91
Säteri G -89
Joensuu F - 87
Gibson G - 92
Teräväinen F - 94
Määttä D - 94
Pokka D - 94
Korpisalo G - 94
Lindell D - 94
Vainonen D - 94
Ikonen F - 95
Aaltonen F - 91
Ruuttu F - 93
Perhonen G - 93
Lindbohm D - 94
Lehkonen F - 95
Saros G - 95
Eronen D - 90
Aittokallio G - 92
Melart D - 89
Lehterä F- 87
K.Rämö G - 86
Osala F - 87
Enlund F - 87
Ramstedt F - 87
Pakarinen F - 91
Nättinen F - 91
Tuohimaa G - 91
Donskoi F - 92
J.Rask F - 90
Sallinen F - 90
Elo F - 90
Engren G - 88
Näkyvä D - 90
Laakso D - 90
Jormakka F - 90

who said we dont have a future ;)

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I don't get that overly negative talk about things being worse than ever in Finnish hockey. Things are actually looking up if you compare our situation to what it was 5 years ago or so. You can't see it yet in the NHL, because all these players are so young, but we have to be patient right now and for a few more years. The doom and gloom makes me roll my eyes. We are not doomed, but there is a gap between our best player generations and that's what we're seeing right now.

Fin9*

I don't get that overly negative talk about things being worse than ever in Finnish hockey. Things are actually looking up if you compare our situation to what it was 5 years ago or so. You can't see it yet in the NHL, because all these players are so young, but we have to be patient right now and for a few more years. The doom and gloom makes me roll my eyes. We are not doomed, but there is a gap between our best player generations and that's what we're seeing right now.

yep.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
The list is rather unimaginative, as contains no true sleepers (then again, you'd have to be a psychic to see those, I suppose), but I guess it's actually less about recognition and more about making a statement.

Also, putting players such as Komarov, Joensuu, Rämö, Osala and others born in '86 and '87 is a little pointless, as those guys are not our future anymore. They are our present.

Missed some spots as well. At least Sakari Salminen should be on it.

In a sense, it's a bad list. But like I said, it still makes a good point in all its pointlessness. It also reminds me of one of the biggest ironies in Finnish hockey.

Think about it. Players born early to late 70s were technically our "golden generation". Then comes the "gap" Gaps is referring to. Save for one or two years in the early 80s, most players born in that decade were lost into one big hole - mostly thanks to certain badly erroneous general guidelines in the junior development starting from the late 90s.

And the punchline?

The ones born in the 70s had numerous attempts at taking away a major title, always falling just a little short.

Then, then... along comes a team. One that does have some good individuals, but mostly consists of a ragtag bunch of misfits scraped together from the lost crops. They get ONE shot at winning a title... and guess what they end up doing?

Really. If we can do it with players from some of the leanest years we've ever had - how can one say we're heading downwards if THEY could do it and we're obviously picking up speed again?

Last edited:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010

True, thought I think those talks were active like 5 years ago or so.. it's not that bad anymore

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
FiLe you're an optimistic!

Back to the topic:

You got some birth date's wrong and missed some name's but you are on the right path. One thing i miss is NHL players.. We need more!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad