GDT: The Next Critical Game|Jackets @ Oilers|3-21-19|9:00 p.m.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Is this years pick conditional? I forget.

Conditions are:

2019 first goes to Ottawa if:
1. Jackets make the playoffs. or
2. Jackets miss the playoffs, but don't win in the lottery.

If the CBJ win the lottery, the 2019 pick turns into a 2020 unconditional 1st.

2020 first goes to Ottawa if:
1. CBJ re-signs Matt Duchene. or
2. CBJ win 2019 lottery.

If CBJ win the lottery, and re-sign Matt Duchene. Ottawa gets our firsts in 2020 and 2021 unconditionally.

Reactions: GoJackets1

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
To be fair, It’s less to do with who won and more to do with the systems he runs... I was also intrigued by Benoit Groulx when I was coach hunting, but something initially put me off. I don’t remember what exactly it was now that I’m looking again...
Top 5 metrics in everything, top offence, top defence, top special teams. He doesn't like russians? It's a non issue next year. :D

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I have listed plenty of specific things in other threads that I don’t feel the need to repeat.

I don’t understand how you can deny that if Trotz can make a contender out of a dog**** roster with 2 career backup goalies, then any competent coach should at least be able to comfortably make the playoffs with the CBJ roster... I mean really, what does that say about Torts ability to coach successfully in 2019?
and Torts made a contender out of us when we jad a shitty roster too... we were 4th in points his 1st full season coming off being the 3rd worst team...

Also still in the playoffs. There is all this panic when it shouldnt be panic. If he misses fire him. Until then its unnecessary panic.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
pu7h6bircln21.jpg

Patrick Swayze

ROAD HOUSE
Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
1. I didn't make the post.

2. I think you can put it together that the person made a mistake. The meme is still funny (to me).

I wasn’t sure who made the post I was just replying to the person who posted it. I was just confused since I didn’t think we signed 2 All Star UFAs. Oh well, I think it’s really funny too - once I figured out what the post that you didn’t make was trying to say! I had a good laugh.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
we recently beat both pit and bos... sometimes teams play down and tonight it was missong 2 of its leaders and on the road. It happens.

Yes 1 week left lets fire the best coach in team history right at the begining of the playoffs.
YES but he doesnt get to fire people if Jarmo had his head on he would fire a coach like everyone is yelli g for but the RIGHT one... Larson.

... I dont know how anyone can say this amd pretend to be a fan of this team. Seriously... do you honestly think that? Go look at us pre jarmo and after. You tell me 1 thing our team is worse off for because Jarmo. And PLEAAAAAAASEEEEEEE say spending lottery ticket picks or not trading the best player in our teams history for magic beans picks and prospects. Please... use examples of him improving the team as reasons he is bad... PLEASE!!!!
I hope to god he retires because this fan base doesnt deserve 1 ****ing good thing. The whiny self indulged etc group of peole that have been going crazy since the TDL has literally ruined hockey for me lately... you have the best everything we have had in the history of the team from GM, to coach, to overall team, to single player... and all the fans do is complain they gave future picks when we have a great prospect pool and that we didnt intentionally make our team worse for things that did nothing for now.

Its gross

He see's the problem but he isnt on the ice nor can he mentally rake over the bodies of the players to give a **** and play hard against a bottom 3 team...

Mikey... where to even start..

You might be a bigger homer than Jack Edwards.

Reactions: GoJackets1

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Glad I went to bed after first period. On to Vancouver and a team that is also (?) fighting for a playoff spot.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I posted this over in the Fire Torts thread , but in lieu of another great offensive performance, it deserves to be posted here as well

So , explain to me how Riley Nash can be a #2c , and even play top line duties when needed , for one of the best teams in the east Boston, coming off a season where he scored 15g and had 26a, come in under Torts , and his system , and now have 1g 9a. Did he all a sudden , upon signing here , forget how to play hockey ? Explain to me how Wiliam Karlsson can play 11 minutes a night here , put up a season of 6g 19a, for 25 points , leave Columbus , instantly developed #1c talent , puts up a season of 43g 35a, scores over 50 g including playoffs , and now is following that up with 22g 29a, and still has 8 games to go ?

We acquire Duchene and Dzingel , and all a sudden they look like average, to below average( In Dzingels case) players . Folks , that is a huge Coaching issue , and with Torts , you aren’t attracting any remotely top free agent , this summer, if he’s still here .

Wennberg goes from being a potential #1c, to a similar production we’re seeing from Riley Nash

Last edited:

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Seth Jones: “Something’s gotta change here.”

Yeah Seth, i simply think you've got a Sedin's virus, run into the ground.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio

never saw a coach disagree more with his players voices than Torts, honestly.

I think they are saying the same thing, really. Players are paralyzed by expectations. Coach sees no “urgency”....well, cause they are like deer in headlights aka paralyzed.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
What's left of my Jackets gear was banished to the basement after the playoff collapse last year with the vow not to put it all back in my closet until they win a playoff round. If they can't even make the playoffs this year I might just have to break out the lighter fluid and matches and send it all to Hell instead.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I want to make it clear. I have ZERO interest in spending more money on season tickets to watch a "re-build" of something that has never been completely built to begin with. ZERO interest in the long term. Having spent more than $100,000 on season tickets since the franchise began, I want to see success NOW. Five years from now I could be dead. I like the gamble that Jarmo took to get Duchene and Dzingle. But it is clear now that the issue is coaching. Make the changes there. But for the love of Gordie Howe, sign Duchene.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
So, every season we see a couple of teams that are expected to make the play-offs flame out, and a couple of teams expected to not make the play-offs rise up and get in. This season the two teams to rise up have both come from the Metro in the form of the New York Islanders, and the Carolina Hurricanes. If the teams were in any other division we would be sitting comfortably in a playoff spot. In the case of the Canes who knew that the two journeyman goalies that they have would play so well? They have had good young players for a while, but have lacked any credible goal-tending to make them competitive. Who would have thunk the two they have this season would have been the ones to carry them to the promised land.

Sadly, it appears that the CBJ could be one of the teams to flame out. At one point this season sitting atop the Metro and a full 10 points ahead of said Carolina Hurricanes.

Having said all that, the blame for the fact that the CBJ may not make the playoffs lies solely at their own feet. This is a team that can't seem to beat the teams that they should beat, and can't seem to win with any consistency in their home arena. I have seen way to many stinkers at home this season. And I don't buy this crap that they are succumbing to the pressure, or that they don't know how to play in a play-off push environment. They have been through this before, so I call BS on that crap.

And I still can't figure out why they stick with Korpisalo. With a few exceptions this season, he has just been awful. 2.96 gaa, .898 sp, ranked 50th in the NHL among all goalies that have played. That would be a bit better if you weed out guys that have only played a few games this season. I know Kinkaid hasn't been any better statistically, but the guy was playing on a bad Devils team. Might as well give him a game or two to see how he responds.

I don't know, this team has been such a huge disappointment, especially since the all-star break. If they don't make the playoffs it will be an unmitigated disaster. In my case, after being a STH since 2000, it will most likely end that relationship. I am sick and tired of this crap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->