The Next 'Core'

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Interesting question. I'd have to say "no one." We're basically at a blank slate at this point, which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing, being at ground zero of a rebuild. Let's see who makes this team theirs next season.

I think that's exactly the way we should be looking at things.

The "new core" will self identify itself... hopefully, we'll start to see some players emerge next season... but I suspect it will take a bit longer.

Right now, among the youth, I think all we can do is point to players we like and hope they develop into core pieces.

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
I think that's exactly the way we should be looking at things.

The "new core" will self identify itself... hopefully, we'll start to see some players emerge next season... but I suspect it will take a bit longer.

Right now, among the youth, I think all we can do is point to players we like and hope they develop into core pieces.

For any future comments, Id like to refer everyone to my new lawyer. :laugh:

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I'm not big into determining "cores." I don't really like the idea of one at all. But if a team is going to identify one, let it self-organize. Put the team on the ice next year, probably without Miller or Vanek, as see who steps up.

By "steps up," I mean production, performance, and leadership.

Regarding leadership, I do like that Buffalo has as many former team captains on the team or coming up the pipeline. Bodes well.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Zagrapan
Persson
Brennan
Schiestel
Gogulla
Funk
Novotny

Get it? We have no idea.

Key difference is most of those guys never saw a single NHL game. Hodgson, Ennis, Myers, etc. have.

How many people though form a "core"? 3 players? 5? 10? 23?

We cannot begin to define the "next" core until we define "core".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad