Boston Bruins The next 6 games may define this Bruins team

NiftyWasNasty

Nasty in a good way
Dec 29, 2014
The guy is hands down top 5 WORST OWNERS IN SPORTS HISTORY

I like him. I actually have a lot of respect for him. He is honorable, loyal and straight forward, he is a GOOD person.. I wonder if any of you haters want to compare how many families you provide for versus the 145,000 or so families the Jacobs family takes care of.

I run my own business and I have 10-12 families that count on me...how many families do you provide for?

Reactions: PB37

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
I like him. I actually have a lot of respect for him. He is honorable, loyal and straight forward, he is a GOOD person.. I wonder if any of you haters want to compare how many families you provide for versus the 145,000 or so families the Jacobs family takes care of.

I run my own business and I have 10-12 families that count on me...how many families do you provide for?[/QUOTE

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
What does that have to do with the Hockey hall of fame ?...........I have have had at times 47 employees......Can i get in the hockey hall of fame also ???

Reactions: Strafer

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
If you owned an NHL team

If i owned an NHL team like Boston......I would have won way more CUPS then 1 stinking cup in 42 years thats for sure. Because he had many chances to go for it and instead he stuffed his coffers and ran and hid.

BigBadBears

Jun 13, 2014
The slow start to the season (in terms of games played) is perfect to build in practices for a young team.

Combine that with playing mostly western teams allows us to lose games without it having the double impact of eastern teams gaining points. Less concerned about the next 6 and more concerned about the start of the eastern games starting 12/9. That's when this team will determine if it wants to stay in playoff contention. More time for the young kids to learn until then.

These two things have me very confident in the position this team is (and I didn't even mention injuries..)

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
If i owned an NHL team like Boston......I would have won way more CUPS then 1 stinking cup in 42 years thats for sure. Because he had many chances to go for it and instead he stuffed his coffers and ran and hid.

Doubtful. Extremely doubtful.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I remember the days when this kind of trip, for a team already on the outside looking in, meant reinforcements were coming for sure. If you added in the ridiculous injuries they've had, multiple trades would have been expected.

Oh well...good times.

I remember the days where this type of situation force major deals because you had no one at the AHL level who could play in the league.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
....Wasted Bourques Bruin career, and Neelys with the 88 thru 90 teams that could have won. Especially the 90 team........Did not want to pay COURTNALL and traded him in the Ranford deal as they both entered their prime years and if we keep Courtnall and his 30 plus goals enetring prime years....We probably win a cup or two........Made Boston a place nobody wanted to play for many years.

Some truth in the cheapness assessment.

But Spending exorbitantly May not even have been enough to beat the Oilers in 88 and 90. They were far better than the Bruins. I can’t hang those losses on cheapness really.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
while I completely understand the importance of the upcoming stretch, I think with the group Butch is forced to put out on the ice, I define them already as resilient.

Take any team in this league and eliminate players from their roster that are similar to what the B`s are being forced to play against and I`d say they would do no better and if anything, not be able to compete nearly as well as this group.

Reactions: Dr Hook and Strafer

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
The slow start to the season (in terms of games played) is perfect to build in practices for a young team.

Combine that with playing mostly western teams allows us to lose games without it having the double impact of eastern teams gaining points. Less concerned about the next 6 and more concerned about the start of the eastern games starting 12/9. That's when this team will determine if it wants to stay in playoff contention. More time for the young kids to learn until then.

These two things have me very confident in the position this team is (and I didn't even mention injuries..)
Well lets just say i would have given my team a better chance when they were thisclose at least 7-8 times in the conference finals or Cup itself.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1 point in 3 games and now off to

4991187.jpg

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
What do you mean, "Something is very wrong"? The Bruins dominated tonight despite having some key players missing. They showed less finish than usual and didn't have a lot of puck luck either. It happens. Have a little perspective.

Also, Torey Krug was phenomenal tonight, at BOTH ends of the ice. 9 shots.

We are .500 despite MAJOR injuries and Rask posting a .900 save percentage. This team is good folks.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
What do you mean, "Something is very wrong"? The Bruins dominated tonight despite having some key players missing. They showed less finish than usual and didn't have a lot of puck luck either. It happens. Have a little perspective.

Also, Torey Krug was phenomenal tonight, at BOTH ends of the ice. 9 shots.

We are .500 despite MAJOR injuries and Rask posting a .900 save percentage. This team is good folks.

But they aren't .500, they've only won 6 games out of 16. Even if you toss out the SO loss to CBJ, they are 6-9-1.

The goaltending is capable.

The D is actually pretty good.

The No.1 line is excellent.

It's secondary scoring that is killing this team. When healthy, I think they can put together 3 decent 2-3-4 lines in-house.

But I'm starting to wonder if Cassidy has any idea how to accomplish that.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins are in dangerous territory

The Bruins need help. There are multiple pieces of evidence that make this statement true.
Consider the composition of the No. 2 power-play unit (the scoreless Matt Beleskey, journeyman Jordan Szwarz, semiregular healthy scratch Frank Vatrano), the swollen workloads of Brad Marchand (21:30 of ice time per game, fourth highest among NHL forwards) and Patrice Bergeron (21:28, sixth highest), and the fact that they’re rolling three fourth lines. They are all cries for help from a coach armed with a pair of water guns.

Bruins are in dangerous territory - The Boston Globe

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Maybe ..... juuuust maybe we need to wait until most of "our team" is actually playing before we "define" them. I do not think we really have any idea what type of team we have until we can get see some games with our actual players in them.

There really is no reason to look at it any other way because if you think that moves will be made to rectify the situation you will be disappointed.

In this situation, as in hockey, and in life, sometimes you have to roll with the punches. And that is all the Bruins are doing right now. Nothing more and nothing less .....

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Bruins are in dangerous territory

The Bruins need help. There are multiple pieces of evidence that make this statement true.
Consider the composition of the No. 2 power-play unit (the scoreless Matt Beleskey, journeyman Jordan Szwarz, semiregular healthy scratch Frank Vatrano), the swollen workloads of Brad Marchand (21:30 of ice time per game, fourth highest among NHL forwards) and Patrice Bergeron (21:28, sixth highest), and the fact that they’re rolling three fourth lines. They are all cries for help from a coach armed with a pair of water guns.

Bruins are in dangerous territory - The Boston Globe

Depending on Krejci is pretty much fool's gold at this point. I agree he's extremely valuable and makes this team go but...

signed extension. Missed 35 games, we miss the play-offs by a point
year one of his deal. Missed 10 games, we miss the play-offs by a point
year two of his deal. Very good regular season, make the play-offs, hurt and ineffective in play-offs missing 3 games
year three of his deal . Already missed ten out of the first 16 games.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Depending on Krejci is pretty much fool's gold at this point. I agree he's extremely valuable and makes this team go but...

signed extension. Missed 35 games, we miss the play-offs by a point
year one of his deal. Missed 10 games, we miss the play-offs by a point
year two of his deal. Very good regular season, make the play-offs, hurt and ineffective in play-offs missing 3 games
year three of his deal . Already missed ten out of the first 16 games.

Sadly, my prediction on Krejci has already come true as he's already missed 10 games.

Post #937 and #942

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/david-krejci.2062445/page-38

Important player when he's healthy and in the line-up, but depending on him to play full complete seasons at this point is folly.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
End result - The B's banked 5 points out of 12.

After the loss in Anaheim on Wednesday, many of us feared they would only bank 1 point.

The reality is now we can call the Bruins a true bubble team with a chance to be third in the Atlantic.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->