Boston Bruins The next 6 games may define this Bruins team

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Bruins are banged up as they enter a critical part of the schedule.

First up they travel to Manhattan and take on a Rangers team tomorrow night that had struggled early but now has won 4 in a row. The Rangers could be a team the B's need to worry about if the Bruins need to win a wildcard to make the playoffs.

From there the B's travel to Toronto for the coronation of Jeremy Jacobs as he enters the Hockey Hall of Fame

upload_2017-11-7_10-19-54.png

Then the 2 teams fly immediately to Boston and meet again on Saturday on Hockey Night in Canada. Toronto has been struggling the past few weeks and the Bruins need a win over the Leafs badly as they swept us last season.

Then the fun really starts

upload_2017-11-7_10-38-54.png

3722173_oGDzdayCgV02LoeKP--_tlPRtjwFTs05TSh8qXKjZvA.jpg

It will be a tough stretch and I will be happy if they can bank 6 points in these games.

:popcorn:

CENTER]

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-7_10-34-36.png
    upload_2017-11-7_10-34-36.png
    18 KB · Views: 3

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
It will be a tough stretch- that California trip :eek: but even if we come off 0/6 we won't know our team till we get Backes, Marchand, Krejci, even McQuaid back. On the other hand, if they play well and take 6+ points out of this stretch, it could well be one of those moments that do define our young players in a positive way that they can take forward.

Reactions: JP Nolan

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It will be a tough stretch- that California trip :eek: but even if we come off 0/6 we won't know our team till we get Backes, Marchand, Krejci, even McQuaid back. On the other hand, if they play well and take 6+ points out of this stretch, it could well be one of those moments that do define our young players in a positive way that they can take forward.

I actually think they can get 4 points out west.

They end the trip with a visit to Newark, for a match with the Conference leading Devils. No soft spots in this schedule.

and then comes Black Friday against Pittsburgh. :help:

Reactions: Dr Hook

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Wonder if any of the 2011 B's will get to see Recchi while in Toronto. They're probably happier about him than they are about Jacobs :laugh:

Reactions: BMC

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I think the thread title is inaccurate. Regardless of what happens the next 6 games, how does it define a team that’s missing so many key players? We won’t know what this team is for quite some time.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
This squad is showing some moxy against some of the tougher teams in the league. It'll be interesting to see how they whether this upcoming stretch. 4-2 is a best case realistic scenario, but they will need Marchand back for at least 4 of these games.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I think the thread title is inaccurate. Regardless of what happens the next 6 games, how does it define a team that’s missing so many key players? We won’t know what this team is for quite some time.

The key word in thread title is 'may'.

If the kids step up and hold their own it bodes very well for the future.

Reactions: iRONic™

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Anything over 6 points gained would be a modern day miracle. If we can break even I will be ecstatic (unless Krejci actually comes back)

edit: Krejci NOT coming back. Figured. No Marchand for God knows how long too.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The back-to-back with TML is gonna be crazy. Speed, skills, scoring. Broons better bring it or they could get embarrassed.

They're also a bottom 3 team on Defense

- tied for 2nd most amount of goals allowed

- third most shots allowed

- 19th on the PK

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Jeremy Jacobs in the Hall of Fame....LOL,LOL,LOL......They are kidding right ???

Reactions: BMC

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
it will once and for all define this board and how idiotic many of the posters are when we don't go 6-0 and they wonder why.

But after last night, we're great.

Nevermind after the Caps game we were firing people and calling everyone a bust.

image-1.png

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
The annual West Coast trip can often be an important bonding experience for the team. My theory is the rookies that management chooses to bring on that trip are the ones that are going to stick with the team for the rest of the season (allowing for injury roster churn).

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I remember the days when this kind of trip, for a team already on the outside looking in, meant reinforcements were coming for sure. If you added in the ridiculous injuries they've had, multiple trades would have been expected.

Oh well...good times.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
The guy is hands down top 5 WORST OWNERS IN SPORTS HISTORY.......Cheap.....Disgustingly cheap. Had so many chances to win cups and never ever would go the extra mile.....Wasted Bourques Bruin career, and Neelys with the 88 thru 90 teams that could have won. Especially the 90 team........Did not want to pay COURTNALL and traded him in the Ranford deal as they both entered their prime years and if we keep Courtnall and his 30 plus goals enetring prime years....We probably win a cup or two........Made Boston a place nobody wanted to play for many years.

Now i will know where to stick my gum next time i visit the Hall......Disgraceful. I dont think any person from any sport was more undeserving of such an honor.....How the hell did this even happen ?

Reactions: Strafer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad