The Next 4 Games

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
We need to win the next 4 games. Simple as that.

Toronto
Washington
Ottawa
Rangers

This team has been through a lot of ups and downs since the season began, and with hartnell back and gus solidifying the 3rd line it is now time to put together a streak and show we are a playoff team.

Schenn, Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds are all on fire right now.

Gus and Grossman are playing great. It's now or never.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
If we go any worse than 2-2 in these 4 games, I begin selling off pieces.

Sure, we're in 8th place in the east now, but we've also played more games than anybody.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Every team except Buffalo can tie or pass us by winning their games in hand. Kind of scary.

Yep, luckily we have that big 6 day break in the middle of march for the team to evaluate the league and any trades possible for the trade deadline which I believe is April 6th.

I'd be willing to trade :
Briere
Fedotenko
Shelley
Knuble
Foster
Boucher
Leighton
Lilja

We probably won't get any value below Briere, but still, trading briere now for a 1st and a good D prospect would really help this team in the future

SgtJoseph*

The next 4 will be very interesting games for sure........As far as blowing up the team if things go bad ? Not sure about that kind of thinking, we have had a helluva lot of games in a short period of time, other teams still have their time of alot of games in a short period of time......Things may balance out over that time, and there are always injuries for clubs to sort out unexpectantly etc....

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
A lot can happen in a week. Even in our conference. Malkin potentially out and the rags got the injury bug so we could see some shake up in the standings

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Yep, luckily we have that big 6 day break in the middle of march for the team to evaluate the league and any trades possible for the trade deadline which I believe is April 6th.

Briere
Fedotenko
Shelley
Knuble
Foster
Boucher
Leighton
Lilja

We probably won't get any value below Briere, but still, trading briere now for a 1st and a good D prospect would really help this team in the future

I'm with you on this one. Briere is my favorite player but if he can get that kind of return and the Flyers are teetering on the brink come deadline day, I would be OK dealing him.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
We essentially have to go 3-1 in the next 4 games to put ourselves in a position to make a break for the playoffs. 2-2 would still be possible... 1-3 or 0-4 and every team with a game in hand has a chance to pass us, which means we could potentially be last in the east if that were to happen. The rest of this home stand is going to be very indicative of how the rest of the season is going to go.

BleedOrange

BuildThroughTheDraft
Aug 14, 2005
Oshawa Ontario

Briere
Fedotenko
Shelley
Knuble
Foster
Boucher
Leighton
Lilja

Ya just as long as homer doesn't shock us by trading someone not on that list.

BleedOrange

BuildThroughTheDraft
Aug 14, 2005
Oshawa Ontario
The next 4 will be very interesting games for sure........As far as blowing up the team if things go bad ? Not sure about that kind of thinking, we have had a helluva lot of games in a short period of time, other teams still have their time of alot of games in a short period of time......Things may balance out over that time, and there are always injuries for clubs to sort out unexpectantly etc....

Briere
Fedotenko
Shelley
Knuble
Foster
Boucher
Leighton
Lilja

By trading someone of the above list isn't blowing up the team its taking out the trash only one on that list not trash is Briere but he still needs to go trade or buy out.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I concur about if they dont win at least 2 of these games then they should start trying move pieces. Not sure at which point they should go full out tank and start playing Boucher more though ;).

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Coming out of the next four games with a positive net result is essential. Anything less than 2-1-1 will make it very difficult for the Flyers to be in a playoff position at season's end.

Speculation is that 55 points will be required to make the playoffs. Over the last 28 games, the Flyers need to play 8 games over 0.500 to reach 55 points... so 18-10-0, 16-8-4, etc.

Pretty tough task given the slow start; even more difficult if they don't go on a good run.

laundryman

Jun 28, 2011
No excuse not to beat Ottawa (No Spezza or Karlsson) or Washington as far as I'm concerned. Rangers aren't as good as last year and we have Toronto at home.

Anything less than 2-2 is not acceptable and you can make a case for 3 and 1

SgtJoseph*

By trading someone of the above list isn't blowing up the team its taking out the trash only one on that list not trash is Briere but he still needs to go trade or buy out.

Was not referring to your list and i agree thats not blowing up the club.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
No excuse not to beat Ottawa (No Spezza or Karlsson) or Washington as far as I'm concerned. Rangers aren't as good as last year and we have Toronto at home.

Anything less than 2-2 is not acceptable and you can make a case for 3 and 1

Agreed, they have to win 3 of these next four games. Period. It's time to start a little streak to get to the half-way point above .500.

TheTaekster

Feb 3, 2008
94.1 and 97.5
This is the time of year where everyone says "oh let's trade Briere! Buy him out!"...and then the playoffs happen.

Looks like Danny B is ****ed if we don't make the dance :sarcasm:

Cardds*

I'd hate to see Danny Briere get traded, he's been our best goal scorer in the playoffs since we got him.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
I'd hate to see Danny Briere get traded, he's been our best goal scorer in the playoffs since we got him.

you have to make the playoffs for that to mean anything though...

this team is built on youth currently. briere will be 35 next season, with a 6.5 cap hit and virtually no production in the regular season (or not enough to warrant his cap hit). honestly, briere has been doing this for us for a while now, and where has it gotten us? we got to a cup final in 2010 and briere couldn't be a redeemer for horrid goaltending and shoddy defense outside of pronger.

brieres cap hit could be better used on things that could actually bring this team closer to a cup, not hovering around status quo...

whskybarJM

Jan 3, 2009
ca
you have to make the playoffs for that to mean anything though...

this team is built on youth currently. briere will be 35 next season, with a 6.5 cap hit and virtually no production in the regular season (or not enough to warrant his cap hit). honestly, briere has been doing this for us for a while now, and where has it gotten us? we got to a cup final in 2010 and briere couldn't be a redeemer for horrid goaltending and shoddy defense outside of pronger.

brieres cap hit could be better used on things that could actually bring this team closer to a cup, not hovering around status quo...

the problem is not briere's cap hit. they offered 3 record contracts, for the organization, last year

The problem is the prospect pool.
look at their D, not a single homegrown player or a potential stud in the pipe line.

3-0-1 the next 4

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
the problem is not briere's cap hit. they offered 3 record contracts, for the organization, last year

The problem is the prospect pool.
look at their D, not a single homegrown player or a potential stud in the pipe line.

3-0-1 the next 4

Briere's cap hit would be less of an issue if we didn't have a mountain of money tied up in D...because they have to go to FA so often to fill out the defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad