The next 10 days are critical for the Bruins

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The playoff race is becoming much clearer now and the next 10 days are huge for the Bruins as they play Buffalo, Toronto and Poutineville for the LAST time this season. How could the NHL devise such an idiotic schedule?

Obviously, the Bruins want to stay ahead of the Sabres and Habs and not worry about the wild card. The Metro division is wide open right now and the Islanders are the joker as moving back to Uniondale has made them tougher.

Nobody is catching Tampa unless they collapse but the Bruins still have a shot at finishing second in the division.

upload_2019-1-4_8-21-42.png

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Just 4 points back of Toronto despite the injuries, surprising.
Right?? I was seriously taken back by the standings when I looked at them before last nights game.

They've found ways to win and stay relevant in the hunt despite injuries.

As Fenway pointed out in the OP, this next stretch of games are CRITICAL.

But, IMO, they're also very WINNABLE. We'll see if they come out of this stretch smelling of roses. I think it'll be very telling

Reactions: Flannelman

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Right?? I was seriously taken back by the standings when I looked at them before last nights game.

They've found ways to win and stay relevant in the hunt despite injuries.

As Fenway pointed out in the OP, this next stretch of games are CRITICAL.

But, IMO, they're also very WINNABLE. We'll see if they come out of this stretch smelling of roses. I think it'll be very telling

How on earth can the Bruins be finished playing Buffalo, Toronto and Montreal in January????

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
How on earth can the Bruins be finished playing Buffalo, Toronto and Montreal in January????
Yeah thats ridiculous.

Especially with the rising of "division rivals" in Toronto and Buffalo. Heck, even Montreal games are eventful cause of the history of hate.

The NHL really needs to take a look at that. It's killing those fun rivalries.

I get a kick out of them still calling the weekly national Wednesday game "Wednesday night rivalry" :laugh:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It's a thread about the next 10 days and the Stanley Cups champs are on the schedule? I don't give a crap if that game doesn't hype you up

:laugh:

That’s not what I asked. I’m excited to see the B’s play 75% of the teams in the league for one reason or another.

What I asked was why a game against a non-division foe should be mentioned alongside games against division rivals (which you did). The next 10 days in the thread was clearly about games vs BUF, MTL, and TOR. I just found it odd that you have specifically mentioned a game vs Wilson and the Caps more than once in different threads.

Sounds like he’s in your head?

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
:laugh:

That’s not what I asked. I’m excited to see the B’s play 75% of the teams in the league for one reason or another.

What I asked was why a game against a non-division foe should be mentioned alongside games against division rivals (which you did). The next 10 days in the thread was clearly about games vs BUF, MTL, and TOR. I just found it odd that you have specifically mentioned a game vs Wilson and the Caps more than once in different threads.

Sounds like he’s in your head?

I cant imagine why its affected you so much?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I have the Bruins at 105 and third seed so not worried they’ll get there someway somehow

Looking good - but I knew that I would

Bruins vs Calgary should be a once a month treat

f***ing Johnny Gaudreau is amazing - quick enough with Einsteinish Hockey IQ and anticipation

Glad to see James Neal statistics down

Taking a bow on my call Miller was signing multi year deal and it would be a steal - was sitting at Outback with my hockey buds a day or two before and they thought I was nuts - last night at Legends my bud who always takes me there reminded me of that take and how Miller is a beast

I readily admit no way did I think Miller was going to be this good so cant get to cocky

Miller is a quintessential Bruins

He plays in the 1979 too many men game the Bruins win

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I cant imagine why its affected you so much?

Curiosity.

Someone starts a thread about the importance of the next 10 days and games against TOR, MTL, BUF.

A poster lumps “Tom Wilson’s Caps” (not Ovechkin’s Caps :laugh:) in with those three games, and I wondered why. Said poster became evasive about it, which makes me even more curious.

Pretty simple.

My life will go on if he doesn’t answer, if that’s what you are asking :laugh:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Disgraceful?

I’m not the one that referred to the Caps as the Washington Tom Wilson’s :laugh:

Listen, it’s ok to admit that you have that game circled on the Calendar because you are hoping Miller and Wilson go at it.

It’s ok.

and Miller possibly break his hand? hardly, the physical presence obviously helps though.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I think calling it critical might be a little over the top, 3 reg season games in the middle of January isn't really a big deal.

It is the last possible 4 point games with the 3 teams we are fighting with......they are big.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
It is the last possible 4 point games with the 3 teams we are fighting with......they are big.

They could win all 3 and still miss the playoffs, they could also lose all 3 and easily make the playoffs.

Andersen, Price and Eichel are all out, so when they do win those games expect people around here to downplay it like it's no big deal.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
By the time the playoffs role around there will be another top 6 young forward here

They got their list and their is mutual interest

Reactions: sarge88

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Curiosity.

Someone starts a thread about the importance of the next 10 days and games against TOR, MTL, BUF.

A poster lumps “Tom Wilson’s Caps” (not Ovechkin’s Caps :laugh:) in with those three games, and I wondered why. Said poster became evasive about it, which makes me even more curious.

Pretty simple.

My life will go on if he doesn’t answer, if that’s what you are asking :laugh:
Much ado about nothing.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Time to make some hay. Especially against Montreal.

I’m going to the game and have never seen the Bruins beat them in person. That would make my month.

Don’t let me down, Bruins!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad