The Newest, Most Official Sidney Crosby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
Foppa_Rules said:
Ovechkin uses an Easton. It's either the Synthesis or the Synergy. And I meant THIS Crosby thread is moving along slower than the Ovechkin Thread. That Ovechkin thread was started after THIS Crosby thread was started, so sorry, Ovechkin wins that one. :)

If we work really really hard, can we get any sillier about this? :shakehead :dunno:

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Foppa_Rules said:
Ovechkin uses an Easton. It's either the Synthesis or the Synergy. And I meant THIS Crosby thread is moving along slower than the Ovechkin Thread. That Ovechkin thread was started after THIS Crosby thread was started, so sorry, Ovechkin wins that one. :)
Sorry ,when the Crosby thread first started it moved at a very fast pace.30 pages
in a matter of weeks.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
But now the hype has passed....and the Crosby thread isn't doing so well, just starting page 4 with my help....meanwhile the Ovechkin thread is nearly on page 11. :)

P.S. The reason Ovechkin is better? Beacause Ovechkin has his own Ovechkin Bobblehead and Crosby doesn't, that's why! ;)

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Foppa_Rules said:
But now the hype has passed....and the Crosby thread isn't doing so well, just starting page 4 with my help....meanwhile the Ovechkin thread is nearly on page 11. :)

P.S. The reason Ovechkin is better? Beacause Ovechkin has his own Ovechkin Bobblehead and Crosby doesn't, that's why! ;)

I might mention Sid is second in Q playoff scoring in less than haLF the games of the leader and more than twice the points per game, but it's barely newsworthy. We kind of take it for granted. Now, if Ovechkin did that. that would be news.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Now that this is Ovechkin vs Crosby again for a minute (I honestly don't know how that happens :) ) I think you should know that Ovechkin was named the best Left Winger in the Superleague, the second-best league in the world. I also might add that Kovalchuk never made it to the Superleague (as I'm sure you might know) while Ovechkin made it at 16. Ovechkin just scored two goals against Chechmanek, and NHL goalie, in the Eurotour. Ovechkin also got an assist when a teammate got to a rebound first. Kovalchuk didn't get a point.

So how is Sidney doing? Is he really only SECOND in playoff scoring? Isn't he the "Next One"? Why has he played only half as many games as the leader? Did he get injured? Didn't he just win 6 awards or something? Maybe he was posing for photos with the awards...;)

Don Draper

Feb 7, 2003
ottawa
Visit site
I have sworn about 5 times since the age of 10, but Foppa Rules is pushing me awfully close to 6. You are the Jarrko Ruutu of HFboards. Thats not a compliment

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Foppa_Rules said:
Now that this is Ovechkin vs Crosby again for a minute (I honestly don't know how that happens :) ) I think you should know that Ovechkin was named the best Left Winger in the Superleague, the second-best league in the world. I also might add that Kovalchuk never made it to the Superleague (as I'm sure you might know) while Ovechkin made it at 16. Ovechkin just scored two goals against Chechmanek, and NHL goalie, in the Eurotour. Ovechkin also got an assist when a teammate got to a rebound first. Kovalchuk didn't get a point.

So how is Sidney doing? Is he really only SECOND in playoff scoring? Isn't he the "Next One"? Why has he played only half as many games as the leader? Did he get injured? Didn't he just win 6 awards or something? Maybe he was posing for photos with the awards...;)
He led his team(who we're in last place overall the prior year)to the division
title so they received a bye and didn't have to play in the first round.They won
their first series in 4 straight.

st_roland

Foppa_Rules said:

Yeah, but your posts comprise more than half of all the posts on this thread.

Histrion

Feb 13, 2003
Foppa_Rules said:
Well then you owe me for helping your thread along. :)

No. You're just pissing people off and they don't want to post here since they don't want to see your silly replies.

GoRyanMalone

Enough hype. Crosby had 4 pts in 5 games. His team is out, 4-1.

Maxim Talbot is the leading scorer of the QMJHL play offs, 6 13 19 in 10 games played.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
GoRyanMalone said:
Enough hype. Crosby had 4 pts in 5 games. His team is out, 4-1.

Maxim Talbot is the leading scorer of the QMJHL play offs, 6 13 19 in 10 games played.

ALL HAIL MAXIME TALBOT! MAXIME TALBOT IS THE NEXT OVECHKIN!

Seriously, Gatineau/Moncton final should be interesting. Talbot would be my main reason for rooting for Gatineau but I think Moncton might be too deep.

Fredrik

Apr 22, 2002
Stockholm, Sweden
Visit site
CrosbyIsGod said:
Oh... and I guess Crosby is now a 4th rounder because his team didnt win the memorial cup :banghead:

Don't be ridiculous. Crosby will still be drafted as no.1 next year. Just because other people don't worship Crosby like you do doesn't mean we think he's no good.

The hype about him makes me think of Alexandre Daigle for some reason.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
La-La-Laprise said:
Crosby with 1 arm and 1 leg would be better than Brule ;)

If Crosby wasn't around everyone would be talking about Brule right now, he is a great prospect and he has not shown any reason to think he won't become a very good NHL'er. That being said, Crosby is by far a better player and prospect but only because he is special. Brule is still great, but not special.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
monster_bertuzzi said:
Brule>>>Crosby :yo: :yo:

Crosby at 15 was better than Brule is now at 17.

Latendresse>>Brule (and I think Brule is going to be good, solid second line NHLer)

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Now that Sid has finished his season I can now point out that this was the finest season ever completed by a 16 year old. He may do nothing more, but that cannot be taken away from him.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
monster_bertuzzi said:
you've never seen Gilbert play, have you.

I have seen most of the best 87s play live at this years U17s and at the Canada Winter Games last year. I can say Crosby is special, Brule has star talent (I would say comparing these two is like comparing Mario Lemieux to Joe Sakic, Sakic is still a superstar but Lemieux is special). I would say though I think Latendresse behind Brule on the talent scale but I think for 87 born players Daniel Bertram is ahead of Brule and Latendresse IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad