The Newer, Officialer Sidney Crosby Sporadic Post Thread! [ALL Crosby talk Goes Here]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Seems like some people want it both ways. They want a hard nosed game where the players police themselves. The problem is that Rimouski players who try to protect Crosby end up getting ejected while the guys taking cheap shots at Crosby get 2 minutes and then come back out and do it again. Either the refs need to take more action and call everything, or they need to take less and really let the players protect their teammates. This mediocre in between crap is bogus.

Ice

Feb 13, 2004
Going to Europe would be an extreme response to a bad situation and it probably will not happen. The fact that it has been put on the table makes it less likely to happen now because of how it would be interpreted by everyone. That said, I do not believe cheap shots (and clutching and grabbing also) has to remain an accepted part of hockey. It diminishes the game and there is a growing consensus that it must be removed from the game. I am all for anyone taking a stand against this but obviously Rimouski management did not go about things the best way.

I do not know what things are like in the OHL and WHL but regarding the QMJHL it is more than just stars getting injured by frustrated wannabees. It is also about them being able to play hockey and develop. The flow of the games is constantly being interrupted with penalty upon penalty and misconduct upon misconduct. It is harder for budding NHLers like Crosby,Pouliot and Roussin to hone their skills when only half of their playing time is 5 on 5.

Perry Turnbull

Mar 25, 2003
ethylic reality
Visit site
IMO, it is up to the Oceanic to put the players on the ice that can make sure Crosby is protected. This abuse should be taken care of on the ice, not in the GM or QMJHL offices.

That being said, as far as I am concerned, the very simplistic and ignorant reply: "suck it up Sidney" probably comes from guys that have not received as many cheapshots in their life as Crosby or other branded phenom can get in one hockey game. And to the pure Crosbyhaters calling him a whiner, please attach the link to the article quoting him on that. Free tattoo that says "Crosby is not going to be a NHL star" to the first poster that gets me that link.

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Decent Linemates... they are all 16-17 and 18 years old... and also... Roussin prove that he can put a points per game without crosby when mr. Sid was at the WJC... with that said... Roussin will be in the top 5 even without Crosby

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
I've got both of your backs on this one. The Q does have a percentage of defenseman who don't seem to be as committed to defensive play. Today's examples would be guys like Nathan Welton or Mario Scalzo Jr. Past examples would include guys like Aaron Johnson.

However, there are guys who are VERY committed to defensive play, like Ryan Jenner, Brent MacLellan, or Doug O'Brien.

What the Q seems to lack, in my opinion, are all around defensemen. Luc Bourdon is probably our best Q hope as far as that goes, but he is very offensive minded. The New Brunswicker has the ability to play defense, but I don't see it happening (just ask Kenzie Sheppard ;)

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
Beatnik said:
Lets compare:
name me 3 euro from the OHL better than Shkotov, Ramholt, Zakharov
and 3 who'll be drafted before Pohl, Karsums ans Sersen

Or how about Petr Vrana who is playing with 1 arm to try and get the Mooseheads into the playoffs right now.

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
CrosbyIsGod said:
Decent Linemates... they are all 16-17 and 18 years old... and also... Roussin prove that he can put a points per game without crosby when mr. Sid was at the WJC... with that said... Roussin will be in the top 5 even without Crosby

Roussin would be lucky to be in the top 15 without Crosby

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
So did he sit, or did he play.. or are the games in question still coming up?

TSN (MacGuire) said that Crosby was saying he would play.

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
sveiglar said:
So did he sit, or did he play.. or are the games in question still coming up?

TSN (MacGuire) said that Crosby was saying he would play.

The first game is tonite and it's confirm that he will play both.
The Crosby clan made a deal with the team. Now, on ice problems will have to be discuss with Sid and his agent.

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
49th goal by crosby with an assist... shutout for Lavalée in a 3-0 win againt Lewiston... other scorer are Roussin with his 48th and Newcomer Eric L'italien with his 12th in PK... 45 saves for GL

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
CrosbyIsGod said:
49th goal by crosby with an assist... shutout for Lavalée in a 3-0 win againt Lewiston... other scorer are Roussin with his 48th and Newcomer Eric L'italien with his 12th in PK... 45 saves for GL

45 save shutout! Not bad eh? Finally beat Lewiston! :handclap:

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
2 assists for Crosby in a 5-2 win against Drummondville... now with 116 points... only 9 points away of the rocords of points by a 16 years old players... still 7 games to go... Roussin with his 49th, Coté 11th, Tobin 19th, Pouliot 23th and Sarsen with his 7th... Roussin has now reach the 100 poitns cap.... is at 101 points now... 27 saves for Desjardins for his 8th wins of the season.. 2 poitns for J-S Coté

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
50th goal by Crosby tonight... but not is greatest... goal in an empty net... also Dany Roussin score dis 50th and is 51th, Pouliot with 2 and Stewart are the other scorers... 1 goal and 2 assists for Crosby... now at 119 points... and 2 goals, 2 assists for Roussin and is now at 105 points

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
CrosbyIsGod said:
50th goal by Crosby tonight... but not is greatest... goal in an empty net... also Dany Roussin score dis 50th and is 51th, Pouliot with 2 and Stewart are the other scorers... 1 goal and 2 assists for Crosby... now at 119 points... and 2 goals, 2 assists for Roussin and is now at 105 points

Pouliot 4 pts and +3; Best game in a while?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->