The Newer, Officialer Sidney Crosby Sporadic Post Thread! [ALL Crosby talk Goes Here]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMAC

Jan 28, 2004
Cariboux said:
You're right

Other rumours said that Rimouski's GM, Doris Labonté, plans to scratch Crosby for the games @ Lewiston and Drummondville to show the league how big is the problem. Crosby's agent also threaten that Crosby could play in an elite league in Europe next year

Crosby has already missed two games in Lewiston because of the WJC.I think that Rimouski can use his help, and those of us that have seen him would love to see him again!

Why choose to skip Lewiston and Drummondville?

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
Cariboux said:
http://www.rds.ca/lhjmq/chroniques/HOCKEYLHJMQH402D1890.html

It's officiel, Rimouski Oceanic will scratch Crosby against Drummondville and Lewiston to protest

That makes it official. The people who run that franchise are an absolute joke. Crosby RECIEVES lots of special treatment from officials. All Rimouski is doing is hurting the QMJHL by pulling off a bush league stunt like this. They're 0-6 vs Lewiston and fighting for a division title yet they plan on making their best player a healthy scratch? Only in the Q.

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
RMAC said:
Crosby has already missed two games in Lewiston because of the WJC.I think that Rimouski can use his help, and those of us that have seen him would love to see him again!

Why choose to skip Lewiston and Drummondville?

Because both games are already sold out or close to it and Rimouski wants to send a message that they want Crosby to have free reign to do whatever he wants in the playoffs. All Rimouski is doing is hurting Crosby by doing something like this because they're putting unnecessary attention on him.

Cariboux

Sep 8, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
RyanM said:
That makes it official. The people who run that franchise are an absolute joke. Crosby RECIEVES lots of special treatment from officials. All Rimouski is doing is hurting the QMJHL by pulling off a bush league stunt like this. They're 0-6 vs Lewiston and fighting for a division title yet they plan on making their best player a healthy scratch? Only in the Q.

Maybe we should play him and he will have 2 legs broken by idiots who are jealous of his talent :)

RMAC

Jan 28, 2004
Cariboux said:
Maybe we should play him and he will have 2 legs broken by idiots who are jealous of his talent :)

Sorry Cariboux but Lewiston plays him tough , not dirty. We have a player of our own (Alex Picard) who takes a beating night in and night out, and you will see him on the ice whenever possible!!!

Anfernic

Feb 19, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
Here is my opinion, I saw few game of the Oceanic and it's true that Crosby is always hit after each play or receive glove on the face (it's true that the referee should do something, because now it's dangerous), but the decision of Rimouski isn't the right one, in fact Crosby is on a race to break record for a 16 years old and he will miss 2 game without an injury :handclap:

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
RyanM said:

That was exactly what I was thinking.

Lewiston is not that far off Rimouski, 6 points I believe and then Drummondville isn't much far off that either. It's not that these are among the worst teams in the Q.

What a friggin joke and an embarrassment to the fans of the QMJHL and especially the fans of Rimouski.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Cariboux said:

Were you at last nights game?

Sparre hits Crosby clean then Crosby gets up and punches Sparre in the back of the head. Sparre gets the penalty.

What more does Rimouski want?

Rimouski has been a joke since they joined the Q.

plaugher

May 2, 2002
Halifax, NS
Visit site
Absolutely ridiculous. This is an embarassment for a league that has already had its share of negative press. Rimouski sitting Crosby out "for rest" is a complete joke. If he's already burned out, then why not start it tonight? I'm sure sitting him out against Lewiston will help end that nasty six-game losing streak against them. Whose coattails can Roussin hang onto in those games?

He gets away with a fair bit as it is... like he needed things to be any easier for him.

This will end badly. He'll be an even bigger target now for his "prima donna" attitude, even if the bulk of this hypocrisy is coming from Tanguay&Co. at the top.

Nonetheless, Boy Wonder better become a man soon, or he'll have a hard time in the bigs.

RMAC

Jan 28, 2004
Too bad for Rimouski,the last time they came to Lewiston they left after a 8-0 beating.Rimouski played like a bunch of punks without Crosby(out after the WJC). I hope the refs have there whistles ready on 2/19.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Hydroponic Harold said:
Orr , Lafleur , Bossy ,Lemieux Gretzky ..they ALL went through it in junior ..suck it up and shut up ..play the game Sydney .

At Sid's age Wayne had "sucked it up" for all of 3 games in junior. Not sure how tough the rest might have been at 16 1/2.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
the QMJHL is a developmental league.

The players are learning, and so are the refs.

If Rimouski thinks they are the only team getting stiffed on calls they should wake up.

plaugher

May 2, 2002
Halifax, NS
Visit site
Ok, they just had some game highlights from last night on Sportscentre highlighting the reasons for his sitting out those games...

Are you kidding me??? That is the kind of abuse damn near every player in the entire league gets after the whistle. He was throwing his fair share of punches in there, too... The Sparre incident (which should have been high-sticking, not interference) resulted in Crosby on top of Sparre feeding a punch to the back of the head.

You get a little if you give a little, there, Sidney. Suck it up.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Weren't people predicting this kind of stuff a few months ago? With Sidney's alleged "showboating". Seriously, I'm not so sure he doesn't have it coming.

If Rimouski took the mature route, they should have had video camera isolations of Crosby, and they should have put together a montage of incidents that should have been called but weren't. The Q is in fact a developmental league, but Crosby won't be more than Alex Daigle if the Rimouski brass keeps holding his hand all season long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad