The once-new "what's going on with Panarin" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I think he essentially has without actually saying the words.

As far as I'm concerned, if he doesn't want to be here I don't want him here. He can say all he wants that its not about the city or the fans or the organization but if he doesn't want to be here, that is exactly what it is. He thinks this place isn't good enough for him and as a life long resident of this city minus a few years for college, I want people who want to be here and not use Columbus for nothing more to collect a paycheck.

I'm more concerned with whether he wants to play with his teammates. I don't care what someone's opinion on Columbus is as a city. Plenty of people in Columbus don't care for it!

Reactions: akmuo33

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Have we ever considered the KHL as a player in this drama?

No. He already played there and got his worth from that league. He's here to play against the best players. KHL is just a tactic or getaway for old/not good enough players these days.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Interesting story, Panarin seems to be saying right things. He wanted to let CBJ know his intent. He doesn't mind playing here (this season) but likely wants to be somewhere else when he can.

While "likely" can be fairly inferred, it's still just inferred. "possibly" or "potentially" is more accurate at this juncture.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
After reading the TSN article I would put it at 0% that the CBJ can resign Panarin. He is officially on the Carter, Foote list for me.

They need to unload him for whatever they can get and make a run at another player.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Interesting story, Panarin seems to be saying right things. He wanted to let CBJ know his intent. He doesn't mind playing here (this season) but likely wants to be somewhere else when he can.

That report is all stuff he said back in June.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Just want to let everyone know when we traded Saad for Panarin I said we lost the trade (and got flamed for it).

I called Panarin not wanting to sign here and we all should have seen that coming.

Yeah so you can all eat crow. I win. U mad bro???
Even if he walks, Saad's utter lack of performance dictates that we did not lose that trade. You're reaching.

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
Just want to let everyone know when we traded Saad for Panarin I said we lost the trade (and got flamed for it).

I called Panarin not wanting to sign here and we all should have seen that coming.

Yeah so you can all eat crow. I win. U mad bro???

No, even if Panarin walks we still won that trade, I have no problem with Saad not being on this team any longer. I'll take the 2 years of Panarin over Saad for 10 years.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Either Panarin is leaving or he seriously has not made up his mind. He's willing to take a risk of playing an entire year and potentially getting seriously injured with an (unknown term/amount) offer on the table. I like our chances at re-signing him if we do really this season and make some noise in the playoffs.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Like others have said(mainly major) going out and getting someone like a Stone could show him that the jackets are serious about becoming a contender. And if we make some noise this season it could be enough to make him reconsider if he truly wants to win.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Either Panarin is leaving or he seriously has not made up his mind. He's willing to take a risk of playing an entire year and potentially getting seriously injured with an (unknown term/amount) offer on the table. I like our chances at re-signing him if we do really this season and make some noise in the playoffs.
I'm inclined to believe the latter - partly because that's what he keeps saying (and he's not dropping any of the other usual "GET ME THE HELL OUT OF HERE" type hints), partly because I'm hoping for the best for my team. ;)

Reactions: cslebn

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What's a fair return for Panarin for CBJ as a rental?
There's a difference between "fair" and "what the Jackets would do". :) We're treating him as our own rental, and he represents a fantastic example of literally exactly what we need. So it's going to cost a lot.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
There's a difference between "fair" and "what the Jackets would do". :) We're treating him as our own rental, and he represents a fantastic example of literally exactly what we need. So it's going to cost a lot.
Makes sense. What do you believe would be willing to accept in a deal?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Makes sense. What do you believe would be willing to accept in a deal?
Replacement first-line forward. Nothing particularly reasonable.

A direct replacement of Panarin's ability, rather than just his spot on the depth chart, would be even nicer, but that's even more of a "no way in hell that happens".

The problem is that every other possible "depth" position and area on this team is filled, and a few are overfilled, so it's incredibly difficult to get something that's actually useful and valuable.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Replacement first-line forward. Nothing particularly reasonable.

A direct replacement of Panarin's ability, rather than just his spot on the depth chart, would be even nicer, but that's even more of a "no way in hell that happens".
What about a top 6 fwd who's a pending UFA + a good prospect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad